What ya'll think about this rumor if it picks up steam?

Bulls Or Knicks Could Land Dwight Howard

Jan 05, 2012 10:38 PM EST
Howard_Dwight_orl_111213.jpg
Chicago may be a logical landing place for Dwight Howard. With fellow Adidas superstar Derrick Rose a member of the Bulls, and Joakim Noah a defensive big man who could be sent to Orlando in a trade, Howard could wind up joining Rose.
Adidas would be delighted with that turn events, as the Nike rival ironically locks down the big Chicago market that Michael Jordan once ruled.
"They'd love to corner those two markets," said a person connected to the sneaker industry. "They'd be in heaven, I can tell you that."
A report in December from Adrian Wojnarowski countered that Adidas would prefer not to have their two big stars in the same market.
The Knicks could also emerge as a potential spot for Howard.
Ken Berger not to be surprised if a trade sending Amar'e Stoudemire back to his native central Florida for Howard begins to gain traction. Stoudemire's uninsurable knees and James Dolan's willingness to sign off on a trade parting with the All-Star forward are seen as the two biggest obstacles to such a deal. It could also be that the Knicks would have to include Tyson Chandler in any such discussion with the Magic.

Via CBS Sports

I know alot of Knick fans are hesitant on trading Amare being that he was the first star to willingly come to NY and make us relevant (Although the 100 mil didn't hurt our chances). But if we can get Dwight Howard.. who is younger, has less of an injury history and is probably legitimately the 2nd or 3rd best player in the NBA.. imo its a no brainer. Sending Tyson along with Amare to Orlando in a deal for him doesn't even make me think twice about it.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I'd do it too. Melo, who is arguably the best offensive weapon in all of basketball, along with D12, the best defensive player and most dominant player in the game today, would be one scary duo. But its all just a pipe dream right now and I don't expect this to pull through.

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
I would do that deal in a heart beat if it involved STAT, a draft pick and maybe Shumpert for Dwight and whatever overpaid filler (Q. Rich) they throw in. If it meant we got to keep Tyson we would be golden!

PG - Davis/TD/Lin
SG - Fields/Walker
SF - Melo/Q.Rich/Balkman
PF - Tyson/Jorts
C - D12/J.J.

Thats a pretty formidable line up right there. BD would find D12 and Tyson for easy baskets. Keeping Dwight from complaining about shots. Let Melo go into ISO a couple times a game. Feed Melo in the 4th qrtrs. We could then build our back court through Draft or MLE.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
We all know Orlando won't accept a trade sending Howard to the Knicks in exchange for Amare.
STAT had serious knees problems that can occur again + his $100M contract is uninsured. We can't send many assets with him together, because there is a threshold of salary that can be used in a trade (in this case 125% of Howard's contract + $100K). Besides, D12 made it clear he prefer Lakers or Mavericks as a possible destination. Moreover, this trade doesn't make sense for the Knicks, you don't trade one of the best power forwards in the league and make your defensive minded center a #4 to acquire D12, there isn't enough post space for Amare + Chandler, so how would you make it work for Chandler + Howard?

Wargames

Starter
Ita just media people exploiting the knicks fans habits of forming blockbuster trades in their minds as a remedy for the teams problems. It would take a lot more than 4 games before the knicks would move Amare. He is Melo's best friend and a big reason he camw here anyhow, also we have a good center anyway.

Its the coach not the players. If tyson defender is always pose to help defend amare they should work out spacing to avoid that and set rosters to maximise the time Amare plays as center (probably against the other teams backup center so he can beast easier).

Anyhow No to Hedo's contract... Dwight could come here then leave at seasons end with thr knicks being stuck with Hedo's contract regardless.

quiggle

Starter
if I was Mr. Dolan Id do everything and anything possible to get Howard to the Knicks, now what I think would be great is if he can get Zeke to help out with this since he's in Florida already, maybe try to take Howard out to dinner

dont want to sound like a broken record but I just dont understand the delusional of some of you regarding Renaissance Man. appreciate that he is not the reason who is the cause the Knicks being "back". this is all Donnie Walsh's work and if Dolan can so easily discard him like scrap meat and pretty much all of you have forgotten about Walsh as well, the Renaissance Man should pretty much be worth nothing to any of us either in a memory. the reason you see him, Melo in a Knicks uniform is because of Walsh, not Statosphere. now I will give Renaissance credit if he was able to lure other free agents here but he didnt, did you all remember on his twitter AMAREISREAL how he pleaded like a baby for LeBron to come here? and dont give me that garbage that Melo wanted to come to New York because he is here, no sir Melo always wanted to come here regardless because of his wife, she recruited him to come to the Knicks not him. and CP3 is a bluff because if he really wanted a Big 3 he would have played out this season and signed this summer and this isnt going to happen.

fender0577

Rotation player
I'd do it, but could howard coexist with this dumb ass coach? Remember howard actually needs some touches down there.I like our roster now, we need a coach.

Last edited:

skisloper

Starter
Orlando would get rid of Turk's contract...

so its Turk and Howard
for Chandler and Amare....

its works on all account....

davis
Schumpert
Melo
Turk
Howard..

Makes us better

LeFlume

All Star
The way STATs been playing him I trade him SU for J.J Reddick..:barf:

If we could get Howard? Like Nike commercial says: JUST DO IT

quiggle

Starter
according to Zeke in his radio interview he's blasting the Chandler signing because its now a guards league and the signing damaged chances of getting CP3.

KingofNy

Starter
Word.. And holy shit if we could keep Tyson and put him at pf next to Dwight... That's mentioned as a possibilty in the entire Ken Berger article

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/story/16737029/postups-how-will-the-howard-saga-end

I don't know man... We said the same thing about keeping Landry Fields last season in the Melo deal... I'd much rather have Ray Felton now and I'm guessing so would most Knicks fans. I'd be pretty much down with shipping any player not named Melo to team him up with D12. I like the idea of the twin towers... Chandler, D12 and Melo, Davis, Turk... Sick. Gives us the one thing we haven't had since Patrick. DEFENSE! And... We sure as hell wouldn't be last in the NBA in rebounds anymore.

Last edited:

KBlack25

Starter
I don't know man... We said the same thing about keeping Landry Fields last season in the Melo deal... I'd much rather have Ray Felton now and I'm guessing so would most Knicks fans. I'd be pretty much down with shipping any player not named Melo to team him up with D12. I like the idea of the twin towers... Chandler, D12 and Melo, Davis, Turk... Sick. Gives us the one thing we haven't had since Patrick. DEFENSE!

Eh the idea is ok in theory...

In practice - not sure that Chandler has the lateral quickness (and certainly the offensive ability) to be effective at PF...

Edit: Also, we would def. need to fire MDA (if he isnt already gone) if we did that.

I wouldnt get too excited about any of this going down.. havnt we learned anything from Lebronfest and the Melo drama and the cp3 circus.. Howards a huge nba name that will be thrown around all year to generate interest and debate while nba teams try to play like nba teams after the lock out.. sadly the Knicks look like one of most effected.. Ive watched every minute of every game and they are borderline unwatchable.. ive seen more organization and fluidity on a NJ playground.. Ive also started my own stat tracker for Amare and his heaved and missed elbow jumpers per game that drive me to drink my self to sleep after each game.. They truely need a floor general and a leader at pg.. another center or front court player is just going to be another player lost on the court heaving shots up. chasing open shooters on the perimeter and geting beat out the backdoor every other play. I would def be up for trading stat and did not want him to begin with but only for a top notch point gaurd and thats it..

KingofNy

Starter
I'd do it, but could howard coexist with this dumb ass coach? Remember howard actually needs some touches down there.I like our roster now, we need a coach.

Nobody ever said keeping D'Antoni was part of the deal. No way I would sign off on that.

KingofNy

Starter
Eh the idea is ok in theory...

In practice - not sure that Chandler has the lateral quickness (and certainly the offensive ability) to be effective at PF...

Edit: Also, we would def. need to fire MDA (if he isnt already gone) if we did that.

We would have Chandler at C and move D12 to PF. You're right, there's no way Chandler fits in at the PF... Not at 7"1. I do think it would work with any coach not named Mike D'Antoni.