Shumpert Not Starting!

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
Landry Folds starting instead.

Can someone kill me please and FIRE THIS FREAKING COACH.

He is our 3rd highest scorer. And still coming off bench..

:barf:

Shumpert is not starting vs. Wizards
January, 6, 2012
JAN 6
11:46
AM ET
EmailPrintComments
By Jared Zwerling
The Knicks' third-leading scorer who's playing off the bench, Iman Shumpert, won't be getting his first start tonight against the Wizards on the road.

On Wednesday, Mike D'Antoni said he may call up the rookie, but after Thursday morning's shootaround at the Verizon Center in Washington D.C., the head coach said he was going with his usual starting five.

Shumpert, who's averaging 14.5 points in two games, is only one game removed from returning to action after suffering a sprained right MCL on Christmas Day against the Celtics. He also experienced some cramping Wednesday night against the Bobcats.

Whether or not he starts, Shumpert will get all the minutes his recovering body can handle. The team will need his energy. Let's see if the first unit finally brings it tonight and starts off strong in the nation's capital.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Dantoni doesn't want to make it seem like he's panicing. Imax will be starting at some point and that's a fact. Even Laundry Folds knows it.

Red

TYPE-A
Dantoni doesn't want to make it seem like he's panicing. Imax will be starting at some point and that's a fact. Even Laundry Folds knows it.

Great, now watch our guards get abused.

I wonder which Wizard will have a career day against us? Smmfh.

Seriously what has to happen for this dude to get the boot?

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Great, now watch our guards get abused.

I wonder which Wizard will have a career day against us? Smmfh.

Seriously what has to happen for this dude to get the boot?
It would take Stan Van Gundy not being on the Magic anymore so D'Antoni leaves by himself to coach Chris Duhon.

Whether or not someone is in the starting lineup doesn't bother me. It's the number of minutes that the player is going to get once the game gets going. So long as Shump, health permitting, gets the minutes he deserves with continued good play, then I have no issue with him coming off the bench.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
He'll still get good minutes. It's more of a respect thing for Landry (and Toney) at this point.. As long as Iman gets his minutes I don't mind this.

Red

TYPE-A
He'll still get good minutes. It's more of a respect thing for Landry (and Toney) at this point.. As long as Iman gets his minutes I don't mind this.

Really?

So all of a sudden 'Antoni is concerned with showing respect? How f*cking stupid is that? Have you lost your mind?

Anyway let's analyze this decision.

Option 1: Start Shump. Show the team that not only does winning matter more than personal feelings (TEAM 1st, you play to WIN the game...HELLO?!), but the ineptitude is unacceptable.

Convey the message that the best players will start, and that there is a price to pay for lackluster performance. Also show that you (MOA) are well aware of player talent's and contributions, and again its what's best for the TEAM.

Option 2: Continue to prove how stubborn and disengaged you are with your team. Further the questionable choices which have lead to a decrease in confidence by the guys that DO show up. Questionable in reference to the coach AND cause more dissention in the ranks.

Thus psycologically affecting the stars of the team possibly resulting in a decrease in effort and performance- because obviously 'Antoni doesn't care, so why should they.

Now reevaluate.

Notice how option 2 mirrors what this schmuck has been doing his entire stay here? Remember what Einstein said the definition of insanity is?

How 'bout Yogi? "Half of the game is 90% mental"!

And WITHOUT A DOUBT, the mental prowess of this so called coach is menial at best. In relation to this city, 'Antoni is in over his head and can't begin to approach the psycological nuances of coaching.

It's so simple stupid... keep those that are motivated, motivated! Don't sabotage what little you have for self pleasure or to pacify a weak link.

THIS IS WAR! Not some f*cking little-league where scrubs get to play regardless.

Don't insult our intelligence by parsing some loyalty bullshit when it comes to MOA. He has his own West Virginian agenda and its apparent but not limited to two recent numerical statistics...

35 & 29! Figure it out.