menk bateer????

dacash

Benchwarmer
i read on the hoops hype rumors page that the knicks signed a chinese center named menk bateer,any body else heard of this? or know who he is?

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
The article on the knicksonline home page is where I read that info from. Haven't seen any final transactions that have been made by the Knicks yet per NBA.com...so not really sure if its really true. Not only that I thought the max amount of players we could have under contract is 15...this guy would make 16. Anyways supposedly he used to play for San Antonio Spurs.

Bruno

Benchwarmer
he play in the olimpics . but this guy is a crap when i see him playing i want to do this :lol: :lol: and :lol: . they can sign him if they want a garbage player that sell very jerseys in china.

jsm0331

Benchwarmer
Yep, it's true. Knicks sign another big man.
China Daily: Menk Bateer, former San Antonio Spurs center and member of NBA Champions team, has finally found its way to stay in NBA, Oriental Sports quoted agent Xia Song as saying.

"We have accepted a contract offered by the Knicks, and the contract is very likely to be signed", said Xia Song, who also revealed they have booked tickets to New York on September 22.

According to Xia, the one-year contract, worth of US$700,000, would finally be signed after Bateer receiving a physical exmination required by the Knicks late this month in New York.

It was reported the Knicks had begun contacting Bateer as early as before the Athens Olympic Games and coach Lenny Wilkens quite admitted Bateer's presence in Chinese tional team in Athens.

"We have received the offer from the Knicks about a week ago, and Wilkens should have played a key role in this", Xia Song said.

"The Knicks hope Bateer would be adapted to the their rhythms as soon as possible, and we hope Bateer could be given more time to play".

Bateer said he would treasure the chance of playing for the Knicks and would work harder for the New York side.

Yup Guys.

I have given Isiah all the credit in the world with what he has done with the Knicks with their cap situation etc. in such a short time.

But I have seen this guy play a few times and it's not pretty. He reminds me of Wang Zhi Zhi(or however its spelled). I think the Knicks blew it on a backup center by not going hard for Mike Doleac when the free agency period started. He meshed very well with marbury and the pick and roll, and the Knicks had a plan when they traded him last year for the Hawks to cut him. They of course did but he was picked up off waivers by Denver and became a free agent. Why they would not offer some of the mid level to him is a mystery. I believe it is because they really thought they where going to have a chance of signing Damp with it, but I knew it would never happen. Now we have nothing but scrub a scrub scrub for backup center. Ouch.
Who agree's with me that it will only take about 4 minutes for Nazr to get a couple fouls the first time we play the Heat. I like Nazr but...........

David

newmove

Rotation player
Maybe Isiah was thinking of a trade when he signed bateer. We've got 16 under contract now so it's obvious some are going to be traded. Maybe he's kinda addition to a possible trade involving some big men. I still think IT's about SAR trade.

Imiss#33

Benchwarmer
newmove said:
Maybe Isiah was thinking of a trade when he signed bateer. We've got 16 under contract now so it's obvious some are going to be traded. Maybe he's kinda addition to a possible trade involving some big men. I still think IT's about SAR trade.

I have to agree...this has to be about a trade...maybe it is about getting cap space to work...who knows...but, I still trust that it will work out for the Knicks. I think this means we will see Wally in a Knick uniform.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I agree as well. I think IT did this to help out with a trade he is working on.
A team can only have a max 15 guaranteed contracts at the beginning of the season.
If the trade doesn't go down by Nov 3rd, then the dude's contract will be bought out. A $700,000 price to pay to get a trade done.

starpula

Benchwarmer
Let's buy out Moochie "I`m useless without my 'fro" Norris and Shandon "Doherty" Anderson. We can then sign Andre Barrett, who'll be happy to sit the NBA bench and perhaps develop into an Earl Boykins-esque player.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
I wont be opposed to getting rid of Moochie.
This signing does seem like a trade bait kind of thing hopefully IT can do something, if not, im still happy with the current team, any trades from here on will surely be a positive thing