No more TD.

fender0577

Rotation player
What does he have over the coach, every time he comes in the game the offense just dies, because he dribbles to much and can't run a offense.Please bury this guy before it's to late.Just watched john wall blow by him 3 straight times, please antoni your killing me here.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
You beat me to the thread start. TD should be stapled to the bench...IMAX is truth.

Last edited:

KingofNy

Starter
You guys are dead right on Toney Douglas. The guy just dribbles in circles until the shot clock runs down to 4 seconds and then he passes into double coverage. This guy shouldn't see the court, he's not good. He's got tunnel vision and can't pass or shoot. What does Dumbtoni see in him?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Douglas will probably be more comfortable now that he's back to his role but honestly I feel bad for him man, he's playing out of position but man he's a good player and needs to just play his role as a scorer off the bench. I mean if you seen his face on the bench today you'd see what I'm sayin he felt like shit

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Seriously I feel bad for him too. The guy thought all summer long that he was going to be just that, a guy who was predominately a backup scorer, and all of a sudden they amnesty Chauncey Billups and add Tyson Chandler and he's supposed to be the starting PG?

It's like being told that you're supposed to go to a classroom in your first day as a teacher and observe stuff and all of a sudden when you arrive at school you're the principal and you're supposed to run the damn place. It doesn't go well when it happens to people, and I don't blame TD for not being good at it. I blame our management for not being able to do something better other than to just throw TD to the dogs and expect him to play PG in a PG-heavy offense.

Hopefully he'll do better as a scorer off the bench when he isn't expected to run the offense.

He surely has to be the worst playmaker among point guards in the league right now?

I've never seen a PG who is so allergic to running plays and making a decent pass.

It's like a fan is playing out there with the team and scared to throw the ball away, so he doesn't pass :teeth:

DrB

Benchwarmer
My Wife understands it

What does he have over the coach, every time he comes in the game the offense just dies, because he dribbles to much and can't run a offense.Please bury this guy before it's to late.Just watched john wall blow by him 3 straight times, please antoni your killing me here.
d

Last year my wife became a die Knick fan. Never missed a game...watched every playoff game..so she knows the Knicks comparatively. She would manage
the rotations better than D'Antoni. She cringes at the defense...118 to charlotte..she was in tears. Time for a replacement. Maybe Westphal to the Knicks. He would solve the PG issue.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
d

Last year my wife became a die Knick fan. Never missed a game...watched every playoff game..so she knows the Knicks comparatively. She would manage
the rotations better than D'Antoni. She cringes at the defense...118 to charlotte..she was in tears. Time for a replacement. Maybe Westphal to the Knicks. He would solve the PG issue.
She was in tears?

Our team has played this bad, everyone. Should have taken a video of her crying to show them, DrB.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
As a fantasy owner I like his production but in a game situation he isn't the right man for this "offense" but then again how can you really call anyone out when we have a coach with all the tactical nouse of a dead badger?

I think he'd make a nice impact off the bench with a proper PG starting!

fender0577

Rotation player
I don't feel bad for him, he's 6'0 tall, and has had 3 summers to learn some kind of PG skills, but didn't.He has not grown i anyway in 3 years, the same exact player we got from FSU, you would think a guy his size would realize at some point in his career he is going to have to play PG, nope, all he does is shoot the damn ball.Does this guy really think he's an NBA SG, your 6'0!!!!I can't take it.

DrB

Benchwarmer
d

YIPEEEE...called Cablevision in VERO BEACH, we are down her for the winter and bought their NBA package...160.00 channel 754. We were thrilled to get it.

DrB

Benchwarmer
She was in tears?

Our team has played this bad, everyone. Should have taken a video of her crying to show them, DrB.

My wife, the genious and die hard Knick fan called Cablevision from Vero Beach where we will be this winter. They have an ALL NBA channel..751 to 754 where fans can see every NBA game. She loved watching the Miami and LAKER match ups against other teams....still follows Gallinari and Felton with their new teams and was last heard to say..OH THATS WHERE ANTHONY CARTER went .Was that a TIMBERWOLVES games? I don't follow every team like she does.

She thought SHUMPERT was special from day one and even she refers to him as IMAX.she went nuts on his alley oop in the Detroit game. Loved his coast to coast lay up but mostly likes his confidence. She thinks TD should come off the bench as a shooting guard backup to Landry or start there depending on how Landry does. We have seen some flashes from last year with Fields..plus some bad luck rolls off the iron which had they gone the other way .

She predicts, for their 30 million plus, Amare and Melo will find a way to work together as both want to WIN. She says the front line must play better D aganst the better clubs.
I am emploring her to join the forum. She should use HRH....her royal highness...lol

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
My wife, the genious and die hard Knick fan called Cablevision from Vero Beach where we will be this winter. They have an ALL NBA channel..751 to 754 where fans can see every NBA game. She loved watching the Miami and LAKER match ups against other teams....still follows Gallinari and Felton with their new teams and was last heard to say..OH THATS WHERE ANTHONY CARTER went .Was that a TIMBERWOLVES games? I don't follow every team like she does.

She thought SHUMPERT was special from day one and even she refers to him as IMAX.she went nuts on his alley oop in the Detroit game. Loved his coast to coast lay up but mostly likes his confidence. She thinks TD should come off the bench as a shooting guard backup to Landry or start there depending on how Landry does. We have seen some flashes from last year with Fields..plus some bad luck rolls off the iron which had they gone the other way .

She predicts, for their 30 million plus, Amare and Melo will find a way to work together as both want to WIN. She says the front line must play better D aganst the better clubs.
I am emploring her to join the forum. She should use HRH....her royal highness...lol
LOL All of that is awesome.

Anthony Carter is on the Raptors. I miss him:(.

KingCharles34

All Star
When wifey gets tired of your underwhelming performances tell her to come holla at me, I've been trying to find myself a KnicksChick. She'll have the time of her life with me

nyk_nyk

All Star
Toney being out of the rotation is for the best right now. I know it huts his ego but even he can clearly see how better the offense flows with Shump and Bibby. I def think he can provide a spark off the bench at times and play alongside Shump in the backcourt when we need tough on ball pressure late in games.

Kiyaman

Legend

It never crossed your mind that Toney Douglas talent/skills belong in a SYSTEM
(Half-court & Transition which we dont have).

A offense/defense system the Knicks been without the past decade.
We dont have a certain called play where movement/screens are involve
where the ball go through two or three players hands to reach an open Melo
or Amare. Our half-court sets without a system of movements/screens can
not depend on rookie Shump to create off his dribble on every offensive play.

It was known in Toney Douglas rookie summer league performance his pass-
first PG skills were low at creating scoring for his teammates.
TD is a scorer, and a defensive PG use to pressure the ball, that spells depth
off the bench, and Finisher but not starter without a system.

Kiyaman

Legend
Toney being out of the rotation is for the best right now. I know it huts his ego but even he can clearly see how better the offense flows with Shump and Bibby. I def think he can provide a spark off the bench at times and play alongside Shump in the backcourt when we need tough on ball pressure late in games.

Dont get crazy....Toney Douglas will be in the rotation everytime we go up
against one of the leagues top PG....we need TD's havoc defensive pressure
to slow down top quarterbacks.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Anthony Carter

LOL All of that is awesome.

Anthony Carter is on the Raptors. I miss him:(.

She corrected me too ...lol.Also she liked his scrappiness.Said he took no sh*t. I remember saying the CRAPTORS and then they kicked our butts.