Thabo Sefalosha is the answer

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Douglas Fields Walker for Thabo

WHY OKC Does it
Maynor with ACL tear and out for the season. Ivey is not the answer at backup PG. Despite TD lack of confidence in Knicks uniform especially defensively, it might refreshing to start somewhere new to build his confidence. OKC have been debating starting start Harden over Thabo and the transition of adding Douglas and Fields to the bench give them some options at backup PG

okc bench
Douglas Cook Fields Collison Nazr

WHY NY DOES IT
D-FENSE D-FENSE D-FENSE- to have 2 shutdown players in the backcourt to play together is the answer against Bron and Wade. I know you hate see anymore changes but this is a no brainer. I seen teams attacking us with out true pg, Thabo has equal pg ability as Melo or Shumpert also. With the addition of Bogan we have the depth to make this trade possible. I hardly doubt Baron could ever handle starter minutes and might be great facilitator to the 2nd unit. He is a little better defender than Bibby. But I Could see them altering games just as backup just to keep Davis fresh until playoff time. Baron also might not rush his return with these new additions.

This team can challenge Miami because of defense now

Shumpert Thabo Melo Stat Chandler
BD Bogan Balkman K-mart Jorts
Jeffries Bibby IR Jordan Novak Lin

KingofNy

Starter
I don't see the Knicks making any trades this season unless we have the opportunity to get D12. D'Antoni's biggest excuse for his poor coaching is that he hasn't had a stable roster. At the most I see us adding a guy like K-Mart but I think that's about it. Everything else trade wise is most likely a hoop-dream.

Seba

Benchwarmer
lol I thought about the exact same trade when I saw the news. However it is not going to happen by any means

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
dude stop making ridiculous trade threads

Seriously. Stop clogging up the forum because you've just made a trade on NBA2K12.

beatdeadhorse5.gif

Wargames

Starter
I don't see the Knicks making any trades this year because taking on any additional salary beyond the mini MLE means no chance at the full MLE next off season. After that is done then the Knicks will likely move some of the Knicks roster smaller contract players for better players with larger/longer contracts all ending in about 3 years when the Knicks will have to begin making moves for the post Stat/Melo/Tyson years.

Moving TD and Fields now isn't a smart move the team is just getting itself together and everybodies value is low due to the disarray. TD was up to be a key part of a Jamal Crawford deal right now his playing stats wouldn't make that deal possible. He has to regain his instant offense form before another team would be willing to trade for him.

finestrg

Rotation player
I think this is a pretty good trade proposal. TD and Fields don't look like the best fits in NY anymore -- doesn't mean they're bad players that couldn't regain top form somewhere else. I think both still have value. Playing with Westbrook might do the trick..And yeah man, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Thabo. That dude can play D and he's not terrible offensively either. And that Thunder team would have ample 2G depth with Harden, Cook and now Fields..Not a bad trade man, honestly. The only thing that could hold something like this up is the Thunder's PG depth after Maynor, which is still pretty good..Royal Ivey and Reggie Jackson, who's gonna see some immediate time now. Jackson can play man -- he could have the same type of impact that Norris Cole is having in Miami. Jackson played well in tonight's 12 pt win at home against SA. I imagine Ok City's gonna wanna see what they have with Jackson first before doing anything else.

finestrg

Rotation player
I don't see the Knicks making any trades this year because taking on any additional salary beyond the mini MLE means no chance at the full MLE next off season. After that is done then the Knicks will likely move some of the Knicks roster smaller contract players for better players with larger/longer contracts all ending in about 3 years when the Knicks will have to begin making moves for the post Stat/Melo/Tyson years.

Moving TD and Fields now isn't a smart move the team is just getting itself together and everybodies value is low due to the disarray. TD was up to be a key part of a Jamal Crawford deal right now his playing stats wouldn't make that deal possible. He has to regain his instant offense form before another team would be willing to trade for him.

Is that right? I thought that the only way to utilize the full MLE is if you come into the offseason over the cap...That's how it used to be -- has that changed?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Is that right? I thought that the only way to utilize the full MLE is if you come into the offseason over the cap...That's how it used to be -- has that changed?

Yeah but taking on too much salary over the cap could affect our MLE, from the 5mil 4yr MLE to the new 3yr 3mil MLE for teams in the luxury tax. He' basically saying wait til the off season grab a MLE player in 2012 and then in 2013 if we're under the tax threshold grab another MLE to add to our core. Instead of trading our guys for 1 player just to make contracts match thus having to fill voids with minimum salary players who cant contribute

Wargames

Starter
Yeah but taking on too much salary over the cap could affect our MLE, from the 5mil 4yr MLE to the new 3yr 3mil MLE for teams in the luxury tax. He' basically saying wait til the off season grab a MLE player in 2012 and then in 2013 if we're under the tax threshold grab another MLE to add to our core. Instead of trading our guys for 1 player just to make contracts match thus having to fill voids with minimum salary players who cant contribute

http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2011/12/06/the-new-cba-luxury-tax/

Right now the Knicks aren't over the luxury tax of about 70 and TD has a 2 million dollar team option that would make him a great trade piece after the Knick use it if he is shooting well. The smart move would be to use both exceptions (and hope Nash comes here for the minimum), then trade Douglas, and maybe walker for another decent player. Then stop... and either do it again if there is space or use the 3 million and the rookie to complete depth in 2013. The goal will very likely be to avoid the luxury tax until the 2013 season so the Knicks can avoid the 3 year luxury tax penalty.

That's the great thing about Dolan the knicks are building toward going into the luxury Tax eyes wide open. Not only are they aiming to stay low in tye luxury tax, they are also purposely having all of their large contracts end in 2014 so that's the cut off date if this current roster doesn't succeed.

The thunder probably would trade sefalosha because right now they can keep their team and not go deep into the luxury tax and suffer all of it's penalties. Same for the heat. Team will trade player for productive expiring like Douglas once they're GM's come to better appreciate te nuances of the new CBA. Right now some teams are still clueless ( look at the Celtics reshinding Jeff Green's QO)

By 2013 - 2014 the Knicks will be a very complete team but they can't rush in.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
http://blog.newsok.com/thunderrumblings/2011/12/06/the-new-cba-luxury-tax/

Right now the Knicks aren't over the luxury tax of about 70 and TD has a 2 million dollar team option that would make him a great trade piece after the Knick use it if he is shooting well. The smart move would be to use both exceptions (and hope Nash comes here for the minimum), then trade Douglas, and maybe walker for another decent player. Then stop... and either do it again if there is space or use the 3 million and the rookie to complete depth in 2013. The goal will very likely be to avoid the luxury tax until the 2013 season so the Knicks can avoid the 3 year luxury tax penalty.

That's the great thing about Dolan the knicks are building toward going into the luxury Tax eyes wide open. Not only are they aiming to stay low in tye luxury tax, they are also purposely having all of their large contracts end in 2014 so that's the cut off date if this current roster doesn't succeed.

The thunder probably would trade sefalosha because right now they can keep their team and not go deep into the luxury tax and suffer all of it's penalties. Same for the heat. Team will trade player for productive expiring like Douglas once they're GM's come to better appreciate te nuances of the new CBA. Right now some teams are still clueless ( look at the Celtics reshinding Jeff Green's QO)

By 2013 - 2014 the Knicks will be a very complete team but they can't rush in.

Gotta be real with you there's no way a 38-39 year old Nash will help us defeat the Heat/Bulls we need to get athletic at the guard spots, the way Miami runs and the Bulls execute we have to be ready. Depending on if Iman Shumpert is our Point Guard of the future or Shooting Guard of the future solely depends on the other guard in our starting 5.

If he plays Point Guard I want a knock down shooter, who can match almost Iman's athleticism and defend both 1 and 2. I'd go for Gerald Henderson when he comes available 6'4, athletic, great shot and has a great vertical

PG- Iman Shumpert
SG- Gerald Henderson
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Amar'e Stoudemire
C- Tyson Chandler

If he plays Shooting Guard, then we need a PG who can push the rock since Iman likes to run, also a knock down shooter and can defend both guard positions. I;d go for Goran Dragic or Beno Udrih either would be great with our current core 4

PG- Beno Udrih/Goran Dragic
SG- Iman Shumpert
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Amar'e Stoudemire
C- Tyson Chandler

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I watch the Thunder a lot and know that getting Sefalosha would be amazing. He is a brilliant defender but I can`t see it happening. Why would the Thunder want to lose him.

finestrg

Rotation player
I watch the Thunder a lot and know that getting Sefalosha would be amazing. He is a brilliant defender but I can`t see it happening. Why would the Thunder want to lose him.

I think the idea was to restock at 2G with Fields and also bring in an instant replacement for Maynor with Douglas, someone with NBA experience that might be ahead of Reggie Jackson at this point. I can see what you're saying though -- Thabo's a valuable piece for them with his defense..I think it was a good proposal that makes some sense but true, they probably turn it down.

finestrg

Rotation player
Gotta be real with you there's no way a 38-39 year old Nash will help us defeat the Heat/Bulls we need to get athletic at the guard spots, the way Miami runs and the Bulls execute we have to be ready. Depending on if Iman Shumpert is our Point Guard of the future or Shooting Guard of the future solely depends on the other guard in our starting 5.

If he plays Point Guard I want a knock down shooter, who can match almost Iman's athleticism and defend both 1 and 2. I'd go for Gerald Henderson when he comes available 6'4, athletic, great shot and has a great vertical

PG- Iman Shumpert
SG- Gerald Henderson
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Amar'e Stoudemire
C- Tyson Chandler

If he plays Shooting Guard, then we need a PG who can push the rock since Iman likes to run, also a knock down shooter and can defend both guard positions. I;d go for Goran Dragic or Beno Udrih either would be great with our current core 4

SG- Iman Shumpert
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Amar'e Stoudemire
C- Tyson Chandler

I like where you're going with both guys. Udrih and Dragic could both help us, no doubt. Esp. Dragic. I like him too and talked about trading for him last summer. I just can't see a match in a trade, esp. with TD & Fields both playing poorly now (hopefully Shump can at least kick-start Fields again -- Fields could become effective again playing next to an uptempo guy like Shumpert, just like he was playing alongside Felton). Both clubs would want a king's ransom for either one of these guys I'm thinking. Regarding Dragic, I suspect Houston likes him more than Jonny Flynn...Of the two, Flynn might be more available...For us, the last thing I'd want to do is improve at PG but weaken another part of the roster by making a trade...That's why I'd shy away from a deal right now and instead, look at some of these minimal-risk options out there. And there are several real good ones imho...While we wait on Baron Davis (which is still something nice to look forward to), I'd rather look at these young guys for interm help --- we could bring in any one of these young guys dirt cheap and see if they could help w/o giving up a thing in a trade -- if they didn't work out, cut 'em and move on to the next guy. All high reward, minimal to no risk options (a-la Jeremy Lin). And you know the old adage regarding some of these guys---> sometimes one man's trash is another man's treasure:

Patrick Mills - Lightning-quick, can really push the ball, good offensive player. Fits the system.

Willie Warren - I see Baron Davis-type skills with this kid. I'd cut Lin and take a flyer on him. Let's find out. I think a Warren/Shumpert backcourt's very intriguing.

Ben Hansbrough - Steve Nash-type skills.

Curtis Jerrells - Brandon Jennings-type skills.

Curtis Stinson - reminds me of a souped-up version of Anthony Carter/Gary Grant. Not a great 3-pt shooter but he's effective from mid-range. Real good assist man & defender that can get to the rack as well.

Sherron Collins - a little small but similar skills to Mills. Reminds me of Jameer Nelson/DJ Augustin.

Demetri McCamey - Stong/sturdy at 6'3" 200+. Not a speedster like some of these others -- he's more Curtis Stinson. Good passer but unlike Stinson, he's a solid 3-pt shooter with a real pretty stroke, two big skills that D'Antoni could definitely utilize in this system. And unlike TD, who offers zero penetration, McCamey at least brings a little more to the table here.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think this is a pretty good trade proposal. TD and Fields don't look like the best fits in NY anymore -- doesn't mean they're bad players that couldn't regain top form somewhere else. I think both still have value. Playing with Westbrook might do the trick..And yeah man, I wouldn't mind getting my hands on Thabo. That dude can play D and he's not terrible offensively either. And that Thunder team would have ample 2G depth with Harden, Cook and now Fields..Not a bad trade man, honestly. The only thing that could hold something like this up is the Thunder's PG depth after Maynor, which is still pretty good..Royal Ivey and Reggie Jackson, who's gonna see some immediate time now. Jackson can play man -- he could have the same type of impact that Norris Cole is having in Miami. Jackson played well in tonight's 12 pt win at home against SA. I imagine Ok City's gonna wanna see what they have with Jackson first before doing anything else.

You're right, fstrg, but what is the likelihood? Why would OKC shift things up now with a successful team? One of the best teams in the West, no less.

When I say, 'stop coming up with random trades', I'm more referring to the fact that we're not playing with a puzzle, we're a team looking for success. Happy time trade scenarios are pointless/fruitless.

:lol: Now I've realized I'm taking things too seriously.

But you get what I mean, right?

Wargames

Starter

PG- Iman Shumpert
SG- Gerald Henderson
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Amar'e Stoudemire
C- Tyson Chandler

SG- Iman Shumpert
SF- Carmelo Anthony
PF- Amar'e Stoudemire
C- Tyson Chandler

I was thinking more along the lines of Baron & Nash working the PG duties together for just 2012 together and the Knicks can draft a PG in 2013. A lot of people don't realize it because he's injured now but if Baron does a good job he'll probably being the starting PG for the next few years.

If that is the case Nash as a backup for 1 year at a vet min deal would be fantastic. Then the knicks could just draft another guard and hope he pans out. Trading for one is also an option as well.

However to be honest who knows that the Knicks need. Most times that doesn't become until the halfway through the seasons and add in baron and Jefferies (who basketball Gods help me I miss on the roster....) are still injured.

Before this season I would say the knicks needed an improved 3/4 to take those minutes that Billy Walker/Novak currently gets. But who knows. The knicks are going to have to play a good team competitively at full strength (and good coaching) before anyone knows where they really stand and where their needs are.

finestrg

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;194935 said:
You're right, fstrg, but what is the likelihood? Why would OKC shift things up now with a successful team? One of the best teams in the West, no less.

When I say, 'stop coming up with random trades', I'm more referring to the fact that we're not playing with a puzzle, we're a team looking for success. Happy time trade scenarios are pointless/fruitless.

:lol: Now I've realized I'm taking things too seriously.

But you get what I mean, right?

Yeah I see what you're saying -- my response wasn't regarding your thoughts though, just the trade idea in general. At first glance, this one ain't half bad as far as trade ideas go...CA7 always comes up with good ones and this one by shizzee actually makes some sense to me. You usually try to deal surplus for need and this trade fits the bill somewhat...With this trade, the Thunder would still be fine at SG with Harden/Daequan Cook who can really shoot and now Fields..And they'd pick up a PG in Douglas with NBA experience to take over for Maynor. Makes some sense for them...Thing is TD is proving everyday that he's not a true PG...At the end of the day, is it worth it enough for them, giving up Sefalosha's defense for this package? Probably not, and a big part of this has to do with Reggie Jackson, who I think can play. If they didn't have this kinda depth behind Maynor, the trade makes more sense for them.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Yeah I see what you're saying -- my response wasn't regarding your thoughts though, just the trade idea in general. At first glance, this one ain't half bad as far as trade ideas go...CA7 always comes up with good ones and this one by shizzee actually makes some sense to me. You usually try to deal surplus for need and this trade fits the bill somewhat...With this trade, the Thunder would still be fine at SG with Harden/Daequan Cook who can really shoot and now Fields..And they'd pick up a PG in Douglas with NBA experience to take over for Maynor. Makes some sense for them...Thing is TD is proving everyday that he's not a true PG...At the end of the day, is it worth it enough for them, giving up Sefalosha's defense for this package? Probably not, and a big part of this has to do with Reggie Jackson, who I think can play. If they didn't have this kinda depth behind Maynor, the trade makes more sense for them.

True, true, true. If it ends up happening, I will personally post you ?10,000.

TakMan

Rotation player
Crazy⑧s;194945 said:
True, true, true. If it ends up happening, I will personally post you ?10,000.

Wont the postage cost you more than the sum you will be sending out?