Knicks have, yet again, best 4th quarter scorer in the NBA.

What is the best play for STAT & Melo?

• Hand off

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Penetrate & Dish

• Double Penetrate and ass to mouth

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
The Knicks have relied on Carmelo Anthony to close out games.

In a two-point win against Boston on Christmas Day and a three-point win against Washington on Friday, Anthony scored 17 points and 10 points in the final period, respectively.

Through seven games, Anthony?s the league's best fourth-quarter player, averaging 10.1 points, while shooting 54.5 percent from the field, 58.3 percent from three (7-for-12) and 84.2 percent from the foul line. (Oklahoma City's Kevin Durant and Milwaukee's Brandon Jennings are tied for second at 7.7 points.)

Last year it was Amar'e.

This year it's Melo.

I shall monotonously reiterate:

Can we please run some plays for these offensive juggernauts!?

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...eague_In_Fourth_Quarter_Scoring#ixzz1ixYtyCAE

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I voted 'V cut screen fake'. I'm not sure what you yankees call it, but it's a faked screen hand off from Amar'e from the back cut. Melo coming out of the post to receive the ball on the perimeter and then back cuts - V cuts - back to the basket for the finish.

Evidence:

Before you type it ~ no! they are not the specific play that I eluded to, but you can see what I mean, no?

I used to run the V cut off a curl as the scorer with our 5 in A grade mens in Melbourne, Australia.

I wish I could finish like that, and I wish I had Tyson Chandler as an option attacking the basket.

The theme here is:

Let's run a ****ing play for STAT and Melo.

We are such massive underachievers offensively.

Regulators, sound off!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
^^^What he said.

Dude. Is that all you post? :lol:

Didn't see the savvy from Melo in the crunch offensively last night, but he had 5 fouls and played some crafty D against DJ White when the Bobshats wee looking to expose his foul trouble in the post. Couple of boards, too.

Now if we'd just incorporate some cognitive plays for him........................:boohoo:

KingCharles34

All Star
I know what you mean by v cut screen fake, i agree too. I would like to see more pick and roll though. They're already good together but if they play the right way they can be great. Its tough to defend two players that can get to the rim and knock down a mid range jump shot. I think they compliment each other very well at least on offense. Cant say the same about defense