Is Clydes NY legend status enough to ignore his idiocy?

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Clyde

I no longer live in New York and watch the games via NBA League Pass. Often the feed for the Knicks game is from the opposition team. You have to listen to some of the other commentators to appreciate Clyde. Granted his rhyming and vocabulary can be corny but they are part of a harmless trademark. He is always insightful. I would not trade him for anyone else.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Clyde's the man. He's like a word of the day calender. He's a legend intelligent and entertaining. He's my favorite commentator.

fender0577

Rotation player
I can't watch a game without Clyde, case and point, i tried to watch a knicks game on TNT one time, and had to turn back to MSG because i'm so used to Clyde.The mans a legend.The only other guys i considered good were Mark Jackson and Jeff Vangundy, those guys were hilarious together, brutally honest and not homers.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I can't watch a game without Clyde, case and point, i tried to watch a knicks game on TNT one time, and had to turn back to MSG because i'm so used to Clyde.The mans a legend.
I wish I had that option brother. When your out of market your stuck with what they "feed" you.

metrocard

Legend
IMO, the greatest guards of all time on both sizes of the floor, elite color commentator.

His swag can't be touched. His knowledge on the game is excellent.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Yeah I've actually seen fans of other teams for our opponents post in forums that they got the MSG feed but actually thought our guys were pretty good and fair about observations

la2ny

Starter
Your thread was an unequivocal fail. Obviously your ubiquitous hate of clyde would go down in flames on a Knicks forum.

KingofNy

Starter
First Starks, now Clyde???

knicks.jpg

DrB

Benchwarmer
This post may make some die hards upset or call it blasphemy but god damn im so sick of listening to His forced unclever rhyme cliches and his S.A.T word toilet paper he spews every chance he gets.. Its as bad a Dennis Miller was for MnF.. Posting and Toasting.. Dishing and Swishing.. Amre looking Omnipitent to the hole? what?? How amny times has said Neophyte in the last two games?? idk Its just gettin obnoxious and id rather have an experienced player who actually adds insight and color to the broadcast instead of words most people dont even know and rhyming commentary every chance he gets with a smug smile like he just inveted something an average 10 year old couldnt come up with.. flame on!!

No need for folks who disagree with you to roast YOU. My take is I get YOU...however, most announcers do not have the knowlegde to do this game dissection like someone who played...I can't stand HUBIE BROWN who looks to agrandize himself.

For no DEFENSE when opposing players are uncontested or making easy layups Clyde saying MARTADOR D beats my cursing at home....

or his analyasis of "they are standing around".....or

"No flow to their game now"......or

Poor pass into the passing lanes led to thar steal......or

You must see the ball and your man similtaneously.....or

he's playing defense with his arms instead of his feet.....or
that "one on one stuff won't win games"

so I put up with "bounding and astounding", etc.

I Get you, but I get Clyde who to me was the greatest Knick of all time...great defense got him his nickname PS..the D'Antoni haters here know CLYDE would be a better coach....lol:afro:

Last edited:

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I think this ***** just wanted to jump out there and get some attention and we falling for it lol. I get pissed when the have some other lame on NBA League pass and not Clyde. Who would you rather listen to sir?

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
I've always noticed that other teams commentators that I have heard through streams sound so ignorant and boring..Atleast with Clyde you get a unbiased commentary or the teams play, some of these other broadcasters be hyping there team up and make crazy observation...wish I had a good example but i'm pretty sure you all catch my drift.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This thread............

He's one of the rare people who is cool. I don't give that word out like candy.

Last edited:

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Clyde is a classy commentator hands down. I'd rather to listen to his corny rhymes as opposed to listening to charles barkley utter that the knicks are looking churrible. i heard chuck broadcast a game the other night and he said that shaqs beard is nappy & that he needed some green grease to untangle it. what a buffoon. hahahaha
come on now charles is probably the funniest person in basketball

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
I wish I had that option brother. When your out of market your stuck with what they "feed" you.
malik rose and mark zumoff tomorrow.....FML. anyone that hates on clyde should be strapped into a chair in front of zumoff and malik jacking spencer hawes for having 12 rebounds bounce his way.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I think this ***** just wanted to jump out there and get some attention and we falling for it lol. I get pissed when the have some other lame on NBA League pass and not Clyde. Who would you rather listen to sir?
No doubt this troll was looking for some play...and yup, he got it. But no self respecting Knicks fan was gonna sit back and let him get away with this blasphemy.

malik rose and mark zumoff tomorrow.....FML. anyone that hates on clyde should be strapped into a chair in front of zumoff and malik jacking spencer hawes for having 12 rebounds bounce his way.
Great. :barf:

Last edited:

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
What is the OP talking about Clyde is very intelligent when it comes to ball and he's not biased at all a problem a lot of other team color commentators have. He's just kinda corny but it's funny so what.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
This post may make some die hards upset or call it blasphemy but god damn im so sick of listening to His forced unclever rhyme cliches and his S.A.T word toilet paper he spews every chance he gets.. Its as bad a Dennis Miller was for MnF.. Posting and Toasting.. Dishing and Swishing.. Amre looking Omnipitent to the hole? what?? How amny times has said Neophyte in the last two games?? idk Its just gettin obnoxious and id rather have an experienced player who actually adds insight and color to the broadcast instead of words most people dont even know and rhyming commentary every chance he gets with a smug smile like he just inveted something an average 10 year old couldnt come up with.. flame on!!

WOW. This thread is a very shit thread.

Fair enough if you don't like his alt style, but I'm not gonna start a thread because your punctuation and grammar are shit.

Clyde's just manifested in to what he is.

He's kooky, but he's a keeper!