Worst Memory as a Life Long Knick Fan.....

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
Don't mean to be negative but theres no other place I can air out the thoughts of my favorite team online:)............ My worst moment in knicks history was when Ewing's finger roll came right out of the rim and Reggie Miller at the postgame table saying something along the lines of, "at least we didn't choke..isn't that right, Patrick?" with Patrick Ewing walking to the postgame table. The way the camera caught the expression on his face when he said that and the so was something I will never forget, EVER! lol, i think I called in sick for school that following day lol..I've tried locating this video online,youtube,nba.com ect. and cannot find anything close, if you come across it you know what to do@!!!.. whats your worst moment???

KingCharles34

All Star
For me it was probably when they traded Marcus Camby and when Mcdyess went down with that knee injury. Also, I almost followed Ewing to Seattle but I came to the conclusion that I was a bigger Knicks fan then a Ewing fan.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
the day we hired mike d'antoni:boohoo: jk i would have to say when van gundy stepped down i feel like since then its been downhill

JazRedGT

Benchwarmer
For me it would be Starks 2-17. Love JOhn to death, but that night I wanted to OJ Simpson his ass!! :alert:

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
the day we hired mike d'antoni:boohoo: jk i would have to say when van gundy stepped down i feel like since then its been downhill
I would love Gundy to come back and coach because he always got the best out of his players and wasn't one sided like you know who.I think gundy will at some point in the future because hes still fairly young even though he got the George Castanza hair doo lol. Hes one of my ties to the knicks because he coached at my bros highschool in rochester,ny (mc quaid), besides that and John wallace's short time with us.:2cents:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
My worst moment in knicks history was when Ewing's finger roll came right out of the rim and Reggie Miller at the postgame table saying something along the lines of, "at least we didn't choke..isn't that right, Patrick?"

That was infuriating. I was only 13 then, I think, and I detested Miller so much in my youthful angst that I was glad his house got burnt down in the later 90s.

Come to think of it, I'm still loving it. :lol:

Now, whenever I hear him say on TNT, "are you kidding me?", I still wish that he would spontaneously combust on live TV.

skisloper

Starter
Charles Smith inability to put the bull in the basket in the final seconds despite the fact that he was 6/10 and in the paint........

clumsy

Rotation player
definitely 94...I loved 99 but i wasn't as mad because I didn't think we had a finals caliber team that year. We had no true number 1 option.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
:peace:thnx bruh...
Got your back dude.

In all sincerity, to me it was Bernard King being taken away from us at his peak, just when a young and supremely talented C was drafted to restore greatness.

Man...I STILL think of what could have been with King and Ewing ruling MSG. SMH.

When Latrell Sprewell got traded to Minnesota.

This and the final minutes of game 5 of the 99 Finals.

Truely heartbraking, somehow I knew that would be the one and only title shot for Spree, Grandma, H20 and Camby and it ****ing hurts that those guys didn't win a championship!

Also bad memories:

- Charles Smith vs the Bulls.

- The Ewing layup

- Game 7 of the 94 Finals

- The 2001 first round Playoff humiliation against Toronto with Oaktree and Childs on their roster.

Im too young too remember much of our 90's run smh..

So for me it would probably have to be being ****ED live on national by the Celtics..

Oh and that year the Nets swept us out of the playoffs..

Bunta

Benchwarmer
- The 2001 first round Playoff humiliation against Toronto with Oaktree and Childs on their roster.
This is mine, Jerome Williams waving his towel around the place like an ass while he sat on the bench doing nothing >_<. This is the year when it hit me that we were no longer a force. If I realised at the time that it would be such a long road back it would have been even worse. What really topped it off was that my housemate at the time went and won a whole bunch of money betting on Toronto each time so his gloating made it unbearable.