What Melo is Lacking

CA7

Scoring Champ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLSgOXFchug

These are Melo's top 10 dunks up until the end of 2009.

This was a more athletic Carmelo which made him more dominant. As his biggest fan in the world I dont see that athleticism anymore it sucks.

I think he's having trouble adapting to the level of athleticism in the league which is why he's being stuffed at the rim with ease.

I put up the top 10 dunks to show that he needs to find his athleticism again and start dunking when he gets around the rim. His lay ups are being blocked with ease and its bothering me because those should be easy points. He then gets flustered and starts forcing jump shots.

Carmelo Anthony back 2-3 years ago was a rare mix of Kobe/Pierce 1 on 1 game, KG post game, Gerald Wallace athleticism and Dirk spot up/mid range game.

Melo doesn't even run athletically anymore I mean watch today when he gets the ball and we have a fast break, he can barely move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v06gNwlP2Gg

This video is a mix of his versatility I once seen watching him all the time, he could score in every way and would bully defenders or go by them and end with a ferocious dunk.

His shots have been blocked 12 times this year which is way too much.

I dont know if its all the padding he's wearing or if he's just lost it but its not like he's had major surgery after major surgery.

I want STAT to put him on his work out plan and for Melo to tighten up his legs, abs, chest and arms and come back next year, since this year its unlikely, with a well toned body so he can get back to the Melo I described.

I'm not a Melo basher I'm his biggest fan and want him to be great but I'm just calling it like I see it. He needs to get his 40 inch vertical back and his speed back to where it was and all it takes is a full summer of training, conditioning and commitment.

Imo the only thing Melo is lacking is a better FG%. A lot of his jumpers are off and he rarely gets on a streak of 3-4 jumpers in a row.

Apart from that, fantastic forward.

pat

Starter

This was a more athletic Carmelo which made him more dominant. As his biggest fan in the world I dont see that athleticism anymore it sucks.

I think he's having trouble adapting to the level of athleticism in the league which is why he's being stuffed at the rim with ease.

I put up the top 10 dunks to show that he needs to find his athleticism again and start dunking when he gets around the rim. His lay ups are being blocked with ease and its bothering me because those should be easy points. He then gets flustered and starts forcing jump shots.

Carmelo Anthony back 2-3 years ago was a rare mix of Kobe/Pierce 1 on 1 game, KG post game, Gerald Wallace athleticism and Dirk spot up/mid range game.

Melo doesn't even run athletically anymore I mean watch today when he gets the ball and we have a fast break, he can barely move

This video is a mix of his versatility I once seen watching him all the time, he could score in every way and would bully defenders or go by them and end with a ferocious dunk.

I dont know if its all the padding he's wearing or if he's just lost it but its not like he's had major surgery after major surgery.

I want STAT to put him on his work out plan and for Melo to tighten up his legs, abs, chest and arms and come back next year, since this year its unlikely, with a well toned body so he can get back to the Melo I described.

I'm not a Melo basher I'm his biggest fan and want him to be great but I'm just calling it like I see it. He needs to get his 40 inch vertical back and his speed back to where it was and all it takes is a full summer of training, conditioning and commitment.

Players age and adapt their style. He is never going to be the hyper-athletic STAT type of player.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Players age and adapt their style. He is never going to be the hyper-athletic STAT type of player.

Of course not but it well help his game. He's 27 not 33 he's should be dunking the ball more and blowing by guys

jrdrny

Benchwarmer

I feel the same, every since he been here, he looks slow and out of shape.He needs to be bigger(if that makes sense) and get faster, idk why but when i watch him now he is slow, but dont get me wrong HE is my fav player

CA7

Scoring Champ
I feel the same, every since he been here, he looks slow and out of shape.He needs to be bigger(if that makes sense) and get faster, idk why but when i watch him now he is slow, but dont get me wrong HE is my fav player

Agreed I wanna see him get back to his athletic form. I dont know what it is but he needs to work his ass off to get in better shape I always see him bending over like his worn out

jrdrny

Benchwarmer
Agreed I wanna see him get back to his athletic form. I dont know what it is but he needs to work his ass off to get in better shape I always see him bending over like his worn out
i know, my friends call him fat, im like that why he shits are you guys defenses lol

finestrg

Rotation player
I think Melo's taking what these teams are giving him for the most part..Whenever he puts it on the floor, teams are collapsing on him. Remember the other night in the first game against the Bobcats (the loss), he drove middle and threw down a one-handed dunk that brought the house down. It would've been top 3 easy on that highlight reel..Alright maybe not top 3, but it was worthy of being part of that dunk clip somewhere..Showed me he's still got it. We might not see anything like that for a little bit, after he tweaked his back at the end of the Wash. game. I'm just glad he's out there playing -- he's probably playing with some pain & discomfort. He could've taken time off after that game but didn't.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Theres two things that Melo's lacking in my opinion

1)consistent effort on defense
2)Good decision making

He doesnt always make the best decisions, he doesnt always take the best shots and he tries to force passes. But hes extremely talented. He makes great passes, hes a good rebounder, and very versatile scorer. Hes clearly better then Stat all around in my opinion

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Carmelo Anthony is lacking teamwork. He plays too much isolation. He needs to pass the ball more. I think his selfish play is why he usually chokes in the playoffs. He needs to trust his teammates.

He's a great offensive player and rebounder, though.

fender0577

Rotation player
Melo is fine, 26 PPG, i'll take it.I have no complaints, he has carried use so far, mike jordan is retired people.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
The ONLY thing that makes me bananas is all those damn offensive fouls. Seems like he's good for 2-3 a game. I can live with every thing else. Top 5 scorer yearly, and a deadly closer...sign me up.

finestrg

Rotation player
I see what you're saying CA7 -- I'd like to see a few more dunks outta Melo every now and again too (esp. more from Amar'e who's finishing a little too soft early on here imo, at least for him).. Guys evolve I guess, esp. as they continue piling on the mileage.. Not much more to it than that I'm thinking..Again, that dunk after knifing down the middle against Charlotte the other night should convince you he still has it..Plus he's finished on a few alley-oop dunks this yr too...He can still get up...I think guys just get disinterested in that type of stuff as they get older..Maybe that has something to do with it as well..

I know nobody's feeling me on Willie Warren but even with this kid --- saw a youtube interview where he said he's not as interested in the highlight dunk anymore and that kid's 22, 23 yrs old, still trying to impress enough to make the league..Warren in the interview said something like, "nobody wants to see a 6'4" guard dunking the ball." Guys just lose interest in it after awhile...I guess it gets old for them...After a couple of years, Shump will probably feel the same way.

Last edited:

shaolin

Benchwarmer
Disagree for the most part. Is he less explosive, yes. But he can get to the rim against anyone. He still has a lethal first step amd a very quick release. He needs to pass more and shoot less. 18 to 25 per game. He shot 30+ a few times. And he commits way too many offensive fouls. Silly fouls. He has good court awareness. He shoild average 6+ dimes per.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Disagree for the most part. Is he less explosive, yes. But he can get to the rim against anyone. He still has a lethal first step amd a very quick release. He needs to pass more and shoot less. 18 to 25 per game. He shot 30+ a few times. And he commits way too many offensive fouls. Silly fouls. He has good court awareness. He shoild average 6+ dimes per.

I see what you're saying CA7 -- I'd like to see a few more dunks outta Melo every now and again too (esp. more from Amar'e who's finishing a little too soft early on here imo, at least for him).. Guys evolve I guess, esp. as they continue piling on the mileage.. Not much more to it than that I'm thinking..Again, that dunk after knifing down the middle against Charlotte the other night should convince you he still has it..Plus he's finished on a few alley-oop dunks this yr too...He can still get up...I think guys just get disinterested in that type of stuff as they get older..Maybe that has something to do with it as well..

I know nobody's feeling me on Willie Warren but even with this kid --- saw a youtube interview where he said he's not as interested in the highlight dunk anymore and that kid's 22, 23 yrs old, still trying to impress enough to make the league..Warren in the interview said something like, "nobody wants to see a 6'4" guard dunking the ball." Guys just lose interest in it after awhile...I guess it gets old for them...After a couple of years, Shump will probably feel the same way.

What I'm saying is he's getting his shot blocked too much because he's not dunking the ball when he's close to the rim. Not for the flash but for easier buckets. He gets his shot blocked so he gets discouraged, then he starts forcing jumpers. I'm just saying if you got a step take off and dunk it no questions asked

He need to pace himself, and I felt he is bit slower than when he was in denver.

Oh he definitely is, Denver Melo '09 and down had crazy athleticism

Kiyaman

Legend
Carmelo Anthony is lacking teamwork. He plays too much isolation. He needs to pass the ball more. I think his selfish play is why he usually chokes in the playoffs. He needs to trust his teammates.

He's a great offensive player and rebounder, though.

:agreed::agreed::agreed:

Melo has yet to co-exist with any of his Knicks teammates....thats what he's
lacking the most....then again, the Knicks-team is not meshing.