C- Chandler

VS

The Atlantic Division Leading Philadelphia 76ers :td:

PG- Holiday
SG- Meeks
SF- Iguodala
PF- Brand
C- Hawes

Think we can take advantage in frontcourt, but Jrue and Iman should be a fun matchup to watch, and actually think Iggy has tools to somewhat contain Carmelo. Hope we dominate totally though, screw Philly. Sorry this thread blows, wasn't gonna do one but it's 7 and no thread, so wanted to post something for people to discuss on. My next effort will be better!

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
:beer:plus 1 for effort WNY:beer:!! It is gonna be a fight on both sides of the ball tonight. This is the type of game that Tyson Chandler and Shumpert were brought in for. It is gonna be a dog fight down low , for some reason we always seem to struggle vs Elton.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Good thing the power came back on. There was a fire in an apartment building and/or shoe shop a few blocks from here.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
carousel_SixersGameday_460_120110.jpg

Shumpert V Holiday is massive. If Shump outplays him, look for the entire site to crack a collective boner.

Iguodala can definitely stop Melo. I'm wondering how much Melo's back is affecting his shot? D'Antoni also needs to be a little more spontaneous with his substitutions of Melo. Let him play if his shots falling, and then drag him at the right time, not the allotted time.

Hawes has been a revelation in Philly this year. Ty Chan will intimidate and dominate him, but Hawes will also draw him out of the paint, leaving STAT as our interior dependent. That's not cool.

As a result, Fields needs to bully Turner and get on the glass.

Here's the Yahoo! Preview.

So far this season, it?s the Philadelphia 76ers and not the New York Knicks who are upsetting the balance in the Atlantic Division.

The Knicks, however, are starting to show signs that they?re still capable of doing that.

The 76ers look to match their longest winning streak in three years when they face the Knicks at Madison Square Garden on Wednesday night.

Heading into the 2011-12 season, the Knicks (5-4) were expected to be the main threat to Boston?s run of four straight division titles. Instead it?s been Philadelphia (7-2) that has taken on that role.

ap-201201092206796018913.jpg

The 76ers lead the Atlantic by two games on second-place New York and are 2 1/2 ahead of the Celtics.

?Our guys came back in great shape, we?re young, we?re resilient,? second-year coach Doug Collins said.

Philadelphia is one victory shy of matching its seven-game winning streak from Jan. 6-17, 2009, after a dominant performance in a 112-83 win over Sacramento on Tuesday.

Elton Brand had 21 points and 10 rebounds after totaling 20 and 15 in his previous three games combined.

His 9.6 points per game is a long way from his career 18.7 average.

?If we win, I?m happy. I always have confidence in my game,? Brand said. ?I?m not impatient. I knew eventually my time would come where I?ll be the go-to guy.?

ap-201201092149785568880.jpg

He was certainly that against the Knicks last season, averaging 26.3 points and 9.3 boards as the division rivals split four meetings, including two at MSG.

Another big effort from Brand could give the 76ers a sweep of this stretch of three games in three nights.

Philadelphia has won four of its last six visits to the Garden, despite losing the most recent 117-103 on Feb. 6.

New York enters this matchup with momentum after beating Charlotte 91-87 on Monday for its third straight win.

The Knicks have limited opponents to an average of 87.7 points during the streak. Another strong defensive effort was necessary Monday with New York shooting 38.0 percent from the field while hitting just 1 of 10 3-pointers.

?There?s going to be definitely nights where we?ve got to lean on our defense, but I think once we start clicking we?ll be in the upper 100s and these games will be blowouts,? said center Tyson Chandler, who made 7 of 8 shots for 20 points while grabbing 13 rebounds.

df8988860fc35f16365a4c17b7f7afeb-getty-136647296.jpg

If the Knicks are going to extend their streak, they?ll likely need better shooting performances from Carmelo Anthony and Amar?e Stoudemire.

Anthony leads the Knicks with an average of 26.6 points, but he?s been held to 17.5 while making 34.4 percent of his shots over the last two games after topping 30 in each of the previous three. The star forward is also trying to bounce back from one of his worst shooting efforts of the season, making 6 of 18 from the field and 9 of 13 from the line for 22 points Monday.

Anthony had 31 points and 11 rebounds in a 97-92 win at Philadelphia on April 6.

Stoudemire sparked the Knicks? win in the last home meeting with the Sixers, scoring 41 points with four blocks.

He?s averaging 23.8 points and 11.0 boards in four games after missing two with a sprained left ankle. Stoudemire matched his season high with 25 points Monday despite shooting 7 of 25 from the field.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
:beer:plus 1 for effort WNY:beer:!! It is gonna be a fight on both sides of the ball tonight. This is the type of game that Tyson Chandler and Shumpert were brought in for. It is gonna be a dog fight down low , for some reason we always seem to struggle vs Elton.

Thanks, and very well said, we have struggled with Brand and 76ers, and with TC and Shumpert these are the games I'd like to see swing in our favor this year.

And RunningJumper, thankfully indeed, I'm stuck watching on pc again cuz Time Warner, but no electric would really wrecked my night so I can imagine your anxiety

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Very nice Crazy... sorry if I jacked you, didn't see anything on the game thread calendar and I panicked cuz nothing was up, props for awesome add

CA7

Scoring Champ
No Hawes tonight so thats a good thing. The match up I'm worried about is Fields/Meeks......Fields is too slow and cant get around screens that well if Meeks score 16+ we're in trouble

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
No Hawes tonight so thats a good thing. The match up I'm worried about is Fields/Meeks......Fields is too slow and cant get around screens that well if Meeks score 16+ we're in trouble
Douglas also can't go for Lou's pump fakes.