Emergency Knicks-76ers Game Thread

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Ice+1.jpg

CA7

Scoring Champ
Jrue Holiday is a helluva defender so I understand Shumpert TO's

Andre Igoudala and every other defender is allowed to hold push and hack Melo but he responds with a friendly nudge they over react and he gets offensive fouls

If you think I'm being a homer just watch off the ball

finestrg

Rotation player
I think a lot with Shump tonight had to do with how physical they were playing him -- Williams, Holiday...He got frustrated and tried to go right back at these guys, bull in a China shop, and was overdoing it...He'll learn..

KingCharles34

All Star
I thought that Shumpert might struggle a little more tonight, Phillys a tough team. I give them their credit but at the end of the day the Knicks won while holding them to 79 points and under 40% shooting

KingCharles34

All Star
We gotta root for Portland against the Magic tonight, if the Magic lose we'll be tied with them for 6th place.

The Celtics are about to be tied for 8th with the Cavs :lol:

Time for the Knicks to continue this win streak and take out the Pacers, Magic, and Hawks. 3rd place is ours, we own it

Seba

Benchwarmer
+/-

Douglas +16 on 17min
Harrelson +12 on 23min
Walker +8 on 17min
Chandler +8 on 35min
Anthony +5 on 37min
Fields -5 on 35min
Shumpert -6 on 35min
Stoudemire -8 on 37min

Looks like we were saved buy our (3 man) bench.
Thank God Harrelson was hitting something today.

Anyways, we beat the team with the best overall performance so far in this season, that's always positive. On the other hand, we were rested and they were playing their third straight.

Wargames

Starter
Hey it was the type of grind away win that the Knicks lost more than they won last year due to their defensive liabilities. I think the knicks could of played a little better in the end, but with a lack of roleplayers mins (where was bibby?) some guys played a lot of heavy minutes.

Jorts looks like a roleplayer with a good Career ahead of Him. Right now the Knicks are playing like a good team. They have issues dominating other teams but with the lack of Roleplayer Options to see who could get hot. I think next year when the knicks get some more depth they are going to be scary.

Melo is clutch as heck though.... Like wow man its weird to have a dude on the knicks that you know opposing teams have to worry about at the end of games.

DrB

Benchwarmer
169.00 for NBA.TV here in Vero Beach

Thanks, and very well said, we have struggled with Brand and 76ers, and with TC and Shumpert these are the games I'd like to see swing in our favor this year.

And RunningJumper, thankfully indeed, I'm stuck watching on pc again cuz Time Warner, but no electric would really wrecked my night so I can imagine your anxiety
point lead...a

Ofcourse on LI I get MSG but had to pay through the nose for NBA.TV.
The knicks again were standing around...thankfully Mello hit the J for the 8point lead and yes Iggy can defend Melo as seen by the up and down call with Carmello trying to draw the foul at final minutes and trapped under the basket with the time out call and then the forced airball.
Improvement this game but...1. STANDING AROUND 2 TOO MUCH ONE ON ONE WITH AMARE...3 POOR TC can't buy a friggin hoop 4. Shumpert will be a superstar 5 TC had a poor game...missed an alley oop , had the ball stolen on a key pocession and Elton owned him on offense. Question: WHY DOESN'T BALKMAN get to play?
If the SIXERS has not played 3 games in 3 nights this game could have gone the other way or sure.

tiger0330

Legend
Anyways, we beat the team with the best overall performance so far in this season, that's always positive. On the other hand, we were rested and they were playing their third straight.
Yeah, it's always going to be something that makes us fans doubt our team. When they played the Wiz, it was we why did we squeak by a winless team, with Philly it's they're playing their 3rd straight and are tired.

We are playing real good D since D'Antoni had that film session after that embarassing loss to the Bobcats, we're holding teams under 100 routinely, unlike last year.

Kiyaman

Legend
Decent win.....I was looking for the Hawes/Chandler, Brand/Stat, and Iggy/Melo matchup....
but Hawes couldnt do the 3rd game in 3 nights. Damn! This 66 game schedule is like
running two marathon in 3 days.
Philly played on (4 games in 5-nights) tired legs....Philly has bench-players
that are better than some of their starters. Dont sleep on Philly this season
they matchup with Heat & Bulls on their 6 game win streak.
Dantoni small rotation of 8 players wont make it to 33 games healthy.
Jerome Jordan shouldve came in for a bleeding Tyson Chandler.
Stat have to get use to playing with a center early in the season.

Now I see why Shump was a late draft pick....great energy but he is not a FINISHER.

Kiyaman

Legend
O'Shut....Philly was playing its 5th game in 6 days....Damn!
And Philly was on a 6 game winning streak on back to back to back games,
plus they beat all the bum teams by 20+ points on back to back to back

Philly pre-training-camp in August paid off big-time during the lockout....
When Stat sucker-punch us fans and his teammates in believing he had
a pre-training-camp schedule in July. WTF....isolation season

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
The Knicks really messed it up towards the end of the fourth quarter. This team has still yet to show that it can really close out games...the turnovers in the 4th quarter were painful to watch. A win is a win, though.

That being said I do have to point attention to one thing - the Knicks, in this game, did not win by relying on exclusively scoring. They did not simply win by outscoring the opponent with high shot volume. They played defense and they got stops and forced turnovers. They OUTREBOUNDED the other team (which is something that never happens), we had good rebounding from MTA and Shumpert finally is seeing the fruits of his crappy shot selection - some of the shots he chucked up in the 4th quarter were painful.

That being said, I think the Knicks can take away a lot from this game. Namely how to better utilize STAT at his fullest extent - the guy was a MONSTER tonight...10 boards, 20 points on 57% shooting...

TakMan

Rotation player
3 Main points I took from this game.

1. We desperately needed a PG (If Bibby was playing the Knicks would have closed this game far earlier)

2. Doulgas needs to be benched for a very very very very very very very looooooooooooooooong time. I'm starting to entertain the thought that he has no brain matter inside his head.

3. Chandler wasn't utilised at all contrary to previous games. As a center with so much physical prowess, he can add and has added another dimension to the offence.

Still, I never really worried about losing this one. There was an air of confidence instilled in this game. Something I haven't felt in years when watching the Knicks.

skisloper

Starter
The Knicks really messed it up towards the end of the fourth quarter. This team has still yet to show that it can really close out games...the turnovers in the 4th quarter were painful to watch. A win is a win, though.

That being said I do have to point attention to one thing - the Knicks, in this game, did not win by relying on exclusively scoring. They did not simply win by outscoring the opponent with high shot volume. They played defense and they got stops and forced turnovers. They OUTREBOUNDED the other team (which is something that never happens), we had good rebounding from MTA and Shumpert finally is seeing the fruits of his crappy shot selection - some of the shots he chucked up in the 4th quarter were painful.

That being said, I think the Knicks can take away a lot from this game. Namely how to better utilize STAT at his fullest extent - the guy was a MONSTER tonight...10 boards, 20 points on 57% shooting...

Monster ? easy does it...9 out of 10 rebounds were easy defensive rebounds with nobody near him.

Kiyaman

Legend

I am with u on everthing u mention, but I cant get the final 9 minutes of the
Knicks poor coach/players decision-making out of my vision to a 76ers team
playing their 5th game in 6 days without their starting double-rebounding center....
Hawes.

Im liking the idea of us being on a 4-game winning streak....but my confidence-
level of us being a winning playoff-team is not there after watching us beat
our previous 4 oponents.
Im not happy with the small rotation, with our bench players being DNP so
our starters could keep "trying" to get some chemistry amongst each other
for 35 minutes per game.