The Knicks are 4-0 Since...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Putting Shump Shump in the starting lineup! The kid is going to be a beast and kudos to our coaching staff for making the adjustment. Even when Shumps shot is off he finds way to make an impact. I love his on the ball defense and considering there was no Rookie Training camp and shortened pre-season the fact he has made an impact so quickly only bodes well for the future. The dude can outright play both ends of the floor and is now firmly entrenched as out 3rd option. I love the confidence that our vets and stars are showing in him and I think its helping him mature quickly.

The Knicks are also 4-0 since I took this pic of my daughter with my Knick hat on:

404441_323876704313873_100000746395956_999211_657189968_n.jpg

Coincidence? I think not! :cool:

Last edited:

Red

TYPE-A
Putting Shump Shump in the starting lineup! The kid is going to be a beast and kudos to our coaching staff for making the adjustment. Even when Shumps shot is off he finds way to make an impact. I love his on the ball defense and considering there was no Rookie Training camp and shortened pre-season the fact he has made an impact so quickly only bodes well for the future. The dude can outright play both ends of the floor and is now firmly entrenched as out 3rd option. I love the confidence that our vets and stars are showing in him and I think its helping him mature quickly.

The Knicks are also 4-0 since I took this pic of my daughter with my Knick hat on:

404441_323876704313873_100000746395956_999211_657189968_n.jpg

Coincidence? I think not! :cool:

Congrats!

May I say DAMN! You got a big head... what's that like a size 9? Lol, JK

Anyway, astute observation. I'll add:

1. Since we've been playing defense- yeah I said it! Holding teams to under 100 makes it that 'Antoni's approach doesn't sabotage our efforts. Then...

2. Removing TD out of the line-up, where he was methodical and struggling

3. My rant (kudos to me for lighting a fire under their asses)

4. We decided to IGNORE 'Antoni's dumb-ass approach

A few questions though.

Can 'Antoni prevent his ego from forcing Shump Shump into the starting SG role, where he DOESN'T belong?

I compare our mix of ball movement and ISO's for our star, like the Bulls with MJ. I recall many games where the Triangle produced points for the ancillary players, but also there were many times when it was get Michael the ball, and move the f*ck out the way. Feel the same?

*we have held our opponents to like 85.5 points during this stretch. Again we win (or compete) doing everything non-'Antoni I.e. inside out play, half-court offense, rebounding, and defense

Hanh commented saying the same thing. This team has scrapped the SSOL (LOSS) approach and adapted a more traditional half-court game. Props to our leaders the Broadway Bigs + Shump Shump!

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Congrats!

May I say DAMN! You got a big head... what's that like a size 9? Lol, JK

Anyway, astute observation. I'll add:

1. Since we've been playing defense- yeah I said it! Holding teams to under 100 makes it that 'Antoni's approach doesn't sabotage our efforts. Then...

2. Removing TD out of the line-up, where he was methodical and struggling

3. My rant (kudos to me for lighting a fire under their asses)

4. We decided to IGNORE 'Antoni's dumb-ass approach

A few questions though.

Can 'Antoni prevent his ego from forcing Shump Shump into the starting SG role, where he DOESN'T belong?

I compare our mix of ball movement and ISO's for our star, like the Bulls with MJ. I recall many games where the Triangle produced points for the ancillary players, but also there were many times when it was get Michael the ball, and move the f*ck out the way. Feel the same?

*we have held our opponents to like 85.5 points during this stretch. Again we win (or compete) doing everything non-'Antoni I.e. inside out play, half-court offense, rebounding, and defense

Hanh commented saying the same thing. This team has scrapped the SSOL (LOSS) approach and adapted a more traditional half-court game. Props to our leaders the Broadway Bigs + Shump Shump!

LOL, 7 3/4.

I think SHump can play either 1 or 2 and if Baron comes back healthy he at this point would best be suite at the 1 forcing SHump over to the 2.

I also think this team would do quite nicely in the Triangle but if we keep winning and playing defense MDA will secure his job. Further, I think people on this forum including myself so far have been vindicated that its the players and not the system that will ultimately determine our defensive identity and ability. We added Tyson and drafted Shump who are both above average to elite defenders and its no coincidence that we are now much improved on defense.

P.S. Please don't say its because of Woodson.

Red

TYPE-A
LOL, 7 3/4.

I think SHump can play either 1 or 2 and if Baron comes back healthy he at this point would best be suite at the 1 forcing SHump over to the 2.

I also think this team would do quite nicely in the Triangle but if we keep winning and playing defense MDA will secure his job. Further, I think people on this forum including myself so far have been vindicated that its the players and not the system that will ultimately determine our defensive identity and ability. We added Tyson and drafted Shump who are both above average to elite defenders and its no coincidence that we are now much improved on defense.

P.S. Please don't say its because of Woodson.

Yeah, but that's partially true.

Mike 'Antoni himself gave Woodson credit.

But I say partially true because while Yes we have new better players, those same players have overrided 'Antoni and took it on themselves to adjust. They basically ignore 'antoni, just as the case with Billups.

Without being childish, I believe those who vehemently opposed 'Antoni's approach were right.

Its no coincidence that our way of winning is non-'Antoni. Meaning Defense, rebounding, slowing it down, etc...

Had 'Antoni not been so stubborn, we would have seen glimpses of that in years past- regardless of the roster. We didn't.

finestrg

Rotation player
Congraulations. She's beautiful! I have a 2 yr old boy myself, gonna be 3 at the end of the month...Exersaucer's rule! He loved his -- used to fall asleep in it. LOL. It was the funniest thing!

petescud

Starter
Beautiful little girl...I for one need to publicly apologize for being an asshole here on the forum. I bashed dantoni cause i didn't know who or what else to bash. This stretch of 4 wins and us playing solid Defense, shows we can win with this guy. If everyone buys into defense first, and SSOL and half court sets, then it makes us less one dementional. I think this also is why we are winning. Now, if we can keep Melo passing the ball when he gets double teamed, and finding open guys, then yes, we can play with the big boys. The Heat have proved this week, that they are beatable, if you play disciplined ball

p0nder

Starter
Beautiful Kid Trill. My girl is 19 months now and she is a big knicks fan too.

And i think Shump has had a great impact on the team and has been playing really well and showing his maturity. He even proves that he has the nessicary self-dicipline to break down his own game, admitting his mistakes in turning the ball over 4 times near the end of the game last night. He props up his teammates and gives them the credit. He is a Knick at heart with his solid D, unrelenting passion for the game and his overall talent level. I am sold on him as a starter for us. I'm not even sure we'll want Baron to come out as our PG because this kid is starting to get it.