Knicks Vs. Grizz--game Thread

nyk_nyk

All Star
Most of our major issues all on the screen at once, amazing.

knicks.png

Can you post a screenshot of Antoni laughing it up with Douglas?

Wargames

Starter
Man obviously I am a pro- Fire D'antoni guy but this specific lost wasn't his fault. Both stars got in foul problems and once Melo was gone the only thing holding the Knicks afloat offensively was lost. This also let the grizzlies focus all their defense on STAT because who else can shoot???? Then Shumpert goes Shoot crazy (and this is D'antoni's fault) and needed to be benched for a bit. Now who is running point TD. Now that can of worms is open again :barf:

Now overall this is D'antoni's fault for sucking at coaching but where is our depth. Any team in the league would own the knicks without Melo because this team HAS NO DEPTH or SET PLAYS FOR PLAYERS BESIDES MELO & STAT

nyk_nyk

All Star
Man obviously I am a pro- Fire D'antoni guy but this specific lost wasn't his fault. Both stars got in foul problems and once Melo was gone the only thing holding the Knicks afloat offensively was lost. This also let the grizzlies focus all their defense on STAT because who else can shoot???? Then Shumpert goes Shoot crazy (and this is D'antoni's fault) and needed to be benched for a bit. Now who is running point TD. Now that can of worms is open again :barf:

Now overall this is D'antoni's fault for sucking at coaching but where is our depth. Any team in the league would own the knicks without Melo because this team HAS NO DEPTH or SET PLAYS FOR PLAYERS BESIDES MELO & STAT

True. I gues the thing I hate the most is that Antoni didn't get Shump under control from the beginning. You're right once melo is lost the team will struggle to score but where was the game plan at least? How about running a play to get stat the ball closer to the basket? Dude was trying to boogie his way to the basket way out on the perimeter.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Haven't posted in a while so hope everyone is ok and had a HAPPY NEW YEAR! Now that I got that outta the way, where's the game thread? Didn't check the schedule but this game is nationally televised bang up with Memphis on TNT(for those not in the NY area like me). Old friend Zack Randolph is out so we should be able to handle the Grizz. Knicks on a four-game winning streak and playing better defense to boot!!! Enjoy the game everybody!!!!

CHARLES BARKLEY said it best on TNT braodcast of the KNICKS VS, MEMPHIS

THE KNICKS are not a very good team starting with their terrible shot selection of the point guards...I don't care if Barkley is a Knick hater...I won't sleep well tonight because the Knicks still SUCK...
NO DEFENSE
NO BOXING OUT
The BENCH is good for 10 points
And poor TD ...can't buy a hoop
Landry passes directlt to the other team...
and on and on and on

CoolClyde

all the way to memphis

Antoni's weak coaching bares itself when the star goes out, with Melo gone the Knicks had nothing going on.
no pick n rolls, no ball movement, just no plays whatsoever. Memphis is missing Z-Bo, their #1 player,
but they don't rely on him to have a cohesive offense and great defense. hands up, in the passing lane.
ball movement, lots of assists. a playoff team in action.

A D'amntoni team without a star PG and/or a star player who takes 1/2 the shots is a sh*t team.
disgusting game. f*ck ferengi miller!

pringle_wesuck.jpg

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Didn't get a chance to watch the game. What the hell happened to the Knicks?

They played relatively well against the Sixers the night before...were they just tired?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Shumpert: he's a very talented young player, but there is something what I've been saying since his first game for the Knicks: he's a chucker with a horrible shot selection. Sometimes his shots are falling and nobody is complaining, but sometimes he's shooting 25%, there is one thing that Knicks hater Reggie Miller said and was true: if you don't hit your long shots, why do you shoot them?
Iman should be working on his shooting, he isn't Kobe, and he has to realize that there are shots only Kobe could hit.
Besides, he's got overconfident what leads to being turnover prone, he caused 10 turnovers in his last two games and as we all know some of them were really dumb. He isn't even close to Rondo and our transition defense is nooby, every lost possession can lead to an easy bucket. We possibly allowed around 20 points because of his turnovers against Philly and Memphis.

Anthony: he can't win a game all by himself and the longer he'll be shooting his jump shots off the isolation the more defenders will know how to stop him. Another thing: he ignores the coaching staff and his teammates and he gets into conflicts on the court. Sometimes he's doing like a kid in a sanbox, he never listens to his parents and if he can't build his own sand house he starts throwing sand at other kids. Grow up Carmelo, because if we convince Phil to coach the Knicks you'll earn your warming spot on the bench.

Amare: every single time Amare has to face an above average center/forward he's not playing confident, I can bet a couple of bucks his numbers will be limited against the Magic, Wolves or Nuggets.

Fields: do I really need to say anything?

Chandler: the only good guy on this team, he's doing his job orchestrating defense and grabbing boards. I know he probably feels disappointed, but I'm glad he's here and tries to make our D work.

But, all the things I noticed come down to coaching, D'Antoni should be making adjustments, should make this whole thing work. But he doesn't, repeating "let's go, make your shots, let's go" doesn't improve this team.

CA7

Scoring Champ
The worst part is Melo played 16 less minutes than he usually plays went out with a quarter and a half to go in the game yet still led us in scoring. Thats a shame

The thing is we want perfection so I'm going to stop being impatient and let the process run its course by the All-Star break I'll have a true opinion on what we look like

You know what I hate most about the D'Antoni era?

Every time we go a little above 0.500 we start losing games and go back to 0.500 or a little under. We NEVER EVER constantly stay at 0.600 or above 0.600. This freaking kills me!
Our ambition is not to be a 0.500 team for the next 3 years.....we want to be a 0.620-0.660 win percentage team and constantly dominate the Atlantic Division.

Unbelievable, if Melo can't play the next few games expect a painful losing streak.

These Knicks are like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde under D'Antoni. A very good performance against Philly (especially on the so-important defensive end) is followed by complete and utter bullshit at Memphis.
It has always been this way since Mike from Pringles took over as HC.

diddy_nyc

Rookie
One of the commentators hit the nail on the head when he said that the reason D'Antoni was so successful in Phoenix was because he had great shooters in joe johnson, Nash, barbosa, diaw, Richardson & stat. We don't have competent shooters on our current roster & it's despicable. All we have are 3 players who consume 90% of the cap, along with 10 other guys who are average players with zero spark.

Kiyaman

Legend
One of the commentators hit the nail on the head when he said that the reason D'Antoni was so successful in Phoenix was because he had great shooters in joe johnson, Nash, barbosa, diaw, Richardson & stat. We don't have competent shooters on our current roster & it's despicable. All we have are 3 players who consume 90% of the cap, along with 10 other guys who are average players with zero spark.

What the commentator left out was "Shawn Marion" 40+ minutes per game
under Dantoni tour in Phoenix, being the most minute played player each
season behind Kobe Bryant. Marion made sure every teammate was in the
right position on offense/defense, plus Marion & Nash orchestated who can
shoot and who cant shoot if teammates were hot or cold from the peremeter.
That is why Q.Richardson was booted-out of the Suns organization after one
season. The Suns gave away a first round draft pick (Nate) to trade Q.Richardson.

Dantoni is the worst coach in the NBA to develope college-players into NBA players.
Bigmen are allowed to dribble the ball, and everyone has the greenlight to shoot 3-balls. WTF!
What do the Knicks players & coaches do in practice?
Shump rookie season should be strickly on getting his passing-skills up to par
with the average NBA guard. We Shump Fans should be yelling halfway
through the season for Shump to shoot the ball more while averaging 5+ assist
per game. Shump never took 20 shots in college WTF is going on?
Shump is not Kobe or D.Rose....Shump should be working-hard to tandem up
with one of the Knicks guards, is Shump to blind to notice the "iso" play is
not working with our fowards (Stat & Melo) who refuse to play as a tandem.

The game commentators were dogging the Knicks by indirectly speaking on
Dantoni letting rookie Shump perform as an "iso" player.
Shump was clueless of his oponents....Conley, Allen, Mayo, and rookie Shelby.

Philly won 5 games in 7 days....we Knicks get blown-out at the end of back to back game.
Who is going to be the leader of the Atlantic Division?
We have to FIRE-Dantoni....so we can produce a few design-plays in our halfcourt offense,
plus produce a basic system where all 5 players run back on defense to defend a team,
rather than this sick man to man defense where our bigmen walk up the court alongside
of the player they are defending. Sick coaching!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
WTF happened?

I don't think I'll bother watching this on ILP.

Let me guess:

The offense was like watching statues **** each other?

Lack of boxing out?

Fumbled assignments, dribbles, communication, interior presence defensively?

And - how many f'ing times do I have to say it - no high % set plays for our stars in an attempt to muster some continuity and momentum.

Am I near the mark?

Crazy⑧s;195906 said:
WTF happened?

I don't think I'll bother watching this on ILP.

Let me guess:

The offense was like watching statues **** each other?

Lack of boxing out?

Fumbled assignments, dribbles, communication, interior presence defensively?

And - how many f'ing times do I have to say it - no high % set plays for our stars in an attempt to muster some continuity and momentum.

Am I near the mark?
Lets just say we were bricking everything and Melo had to leave the game early due to a sprained ankle. Oh yeah and Shumpert went 5 for 20 and Amare only had 6 points.

nyk_nyk

All Star
But, all the things I noticed come down to coaching, D'Antoni should be making adjustments, should make this whole thing work. But he doesn't, repeating "let's go, make your shots, let's go" doesn't improve this team.

Let's just all agree that Antoni is more of a motivational speaker than an NBA coach. A subpar speaker at that.