Knicks Vs. Grizz--game Thread

nyk_nyk

All Star
Don't get me wrong, these guys are looking bad tonight but where is the coaching to alleviate some of this? This is the problem when u have a coach who can only be successful if guys are making shots. No gameplan, no plays to exploit the defense... Nothing!

finestrg

Rotation player
God, now we gotta hear it from Barkley...I swear i can't take it..God forbid any one of these douchebags talks about any of the positives from the Knicks so far this season...I mean we are 6-4 and we just beat the Atlantic Div. leading Sixers last night....Cocksuckers like Barkley and Miller never had a bad night, right? Where their teams didn't play well..F outta here already with this crap..

finestrg

Rotation player
Don't get me wrong, these guys are looking bad tonight but where is the coaching to alleviate some of this? This is the problem when u have a coach who can only be successful if guys are making shots. No gameplan, no plays to exploit the defense... Nothing!

Good point. It really is true -- we're never gonna win anything because of anything D'Antoni may do..We win because we're top heavy with two stars to go along with Tyson Chandler and a good serviceable rookie in Iman Shumpert...But we could certainly lose games we may have won under different circumstances because Mike may not be doing enough or did something wrong..There's some truth to that I feel....Certain coaches, Phil Jackson maybe, you look at them and say 'his team will win a handful of games just with this guy as the head coach alone.' Not D'Antoni...You're right -- the lack of a better gameplan, adjustments made on the fly, lack of specific plays to get easy shots, etc. is baffling at times. No doubt about it.

Last edited:

CA7

Scoring Champ
They want Shumpert to get other guys involved.

who?

STAT and Ty Chan are lacking all the energy

Melo only plays with energy in big games but he's a Melo guy so its common and he's hurt(wrist, legs and back)

Fields and Douglas have no confidence

Jorts shoots 85% of the time anyway

CANT BELIEVE THESE GUYS ARE GANGING UP ON SHUMPERT(KENNY AND CHARLES AND REGGIE)

nyk_nyk

All Star
Everything Kenny said was right. Plus wtf was Antoni doing letting Shump get out of control like that?? This is where Isaiah would have been helpful. He would have pulled Shump to the side and straightened that out. I just don't like seeing Antoni on the side with his arms crossed like everything is ok.

knicks1183

Benchwarmer
Watching this game is really gettin me pissed...If the knicks win then I'll def be even more calm seing that we are winning games playing like SHYT, like in the phili game...

CA7

Scoring Champ
About the worst we could possibly play and the best the Grizzles can..We may have taken their best punch right there...Still standing...For the way we played, I can't believe we're only down 11..Look at it that way...Still doable provided we come out with better effort and start hitting some shots.

I hope & pray D'Antoni's really chewin' them out right now and gettin' them mad and properly motivated.

Half Time Speech

D'Antoni- We gotta keep shootin the 3's then we'll come back, shoot the 3, make or miss get the ball back as soon as possible even if we have to let the score. Pick n roll Melo and do what you feel is right. STAT you're my stretch 4 get to the 3 point line. Toney get in and hit the 3 ball. Rookies KEEP SHOOTING, they'll fall sooner or later

Woodson- And on defense guys.

(D'Antoni cuts him off)

D'Antoni- forget that we gotta get more 3's up. Let them shoot and get the ball back

alright guys huddle up

(Locker room full of no energy)

smokes

Huge Member
Watching this game is really gettin me pissed...If the knicks win then I'll def be even more calm seing that we are winning games playing like SHYT, like in the phili game...

Honestly I'd rather lose playing well since we won't get any true success playing like this ever.

CA7

Scoring Champ
How about this Reggie

Following Jordan's retirement, Miller and the Pacers were considered one of the favorites in the East heading into the lockout-shortened 1999 season. After earning the #2 seed in the East, the Pacers once again met the Knicks in the Eastern Conference Finals. That series came to a disappointing end for Indiana, as the eighth-seeded Knicks upset the Pacers in six games. In the decisive sixth game, Miller had one of the worst performances of his career, scoring just 8 points on 3-of-18 shooting from the field. He also missed seven of his eight 3-point attempts

finestrg

Rotation player
Everything Kenny said was right. Plus wtf was Antoni doing letting Shump get out of control like that?? This is where Isaiah would have been helpful. He would have pulled Shump to the side and straightened that out. I just don't like seeing Antoni on the side with his arms crossed like everything is ok.

Another good point.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Michael Redd made his debut tonight he's got 8 pts at the end of the 1st with 2 3's no misses

I knew we should of picked him up

Wargames

Starter
How about this Reggie

Following Jordan's retirement, Miller and the Pacers were considered one of the favorites in the East heading into the lockout-shortened 1999 season. After earning the #2 seed in the East, the Pacers once again met the Knicks in the Eastern Conference Finals. That series came to a disappointing end for Indiana, as the eighth-seeded Knicks upset the Pacers in six games. In the decisive sixth game, Miller had one of the worst performances of his career, scoring just 8 points on 3-of-18 shooting from the field. He also missed seven of his eight 3-point attempts

thanks for bringing a smile to my face with this post