STARTING LINEUPS

KnicksLineup1.png

ThunderLineup.png

DZWONSSON'S CRUCIAL MATCHUP

Matchup.png

AmarePerkins.png

Perkins.png

MEDIA CORNER

Even with star Carmelo Anthony in the lineup, the New York Knicks likely would have a tough time beating the Oklahoma City Thunder. Without their leading scorer, that challenge becomes even greater.

A sprained ankle and sore wrist could prevent Anthony from taking the court when the visiting Knicks try to snap the Thunder's five-game winning streak Saturday night.

Anthony is averaging 25.5 points for New York (6-5) and 30.0 on 50.0 percent shooting in his last 10 games against the Thunder franchise. However, he has yet to face Oklahoma City as a member of the Knicks.

He might not get the chance this weekend after he sprained his right ankle early in the third quarter of Thursday's 94-83 loss at Memphis. X-rays were negative, and Anthony also injured his wrist in the first quarter.

"I'm real sore," Anthony told the Knicks' official website. "Hopefully, I will be alright. I can wrap the wrist and play through that. A sore ankle is a little bit more to deal with.

"I've been getting beat up for nine years, so, I'm not worried about getting beat up. I'm going to get through it. I'm living. I'm walking. I'm smiling. I'm hurt, but I'll be alright."

Whether the Knicks will be alright without their star remains to be seen if that's the situation. New York has lost seven of nine to the Thunder, dropping all three games in Oklahoma City.

Knicks forward Amare Stoudemire is looking for a better performance after he scored a season-low six points at Memphis, converting 1 of 7 shots while saddled with foul trouble. He's averaged 26.0 points and 11.4 rebounds in his last five games versus Oklahoma City.

Anthony and Bill Walker each had a team-high 14 points Thursday as New York shot 37.3 percent and committed 18 turnovers to see its four-game winning streak come to an end.

"It was definitely one of those nights where we couldn't get into a rhythm," center Tyson Chandler said, "but we have to do a better job of our starts and the way we come out."

The Knicks obviously would like to get off to a good start against the Western Conference-leading Thunder (10-2), who have held opponents to an average of 93.0 points during their five-game run.

Kevin Durant had 29 points, 10 rebounds and four blocks, and Russell Westbrook added 22 points with seven assists as Oklahoma City won 95-85 at New Orleans on Wednesday to sweep a stretch of five games in six days.

"It feels good to get five wins, man," said Durant, who has recorded three straight double-doubles. "We've got to look forward to keep pushing, keep building on it and hopefully do a good job next game. It's very encouraging that we can get through something like this."

Durant -- averaging 30.5 points in his last four games versus New York -- had 30 and 12 rebounds in a 101-98 home victory over the Knicks on Jan. 22, hitting the winning 3-pointer at the buzzer.

Westbrook, who has totaled 52 points over the last two games, had 28 in that contest. He's averaged 23.3 points while going 49 of 98 from the field in six games against the Knicks.

SOUNDTRACK

Amare.png

YASHER KOACH AMARE
MAY YOU HAVE THE STRENGHT AMARE

OFFICIAL CHILLING OUT MACHINE
watch until your stress is gone!

bouncing_tits_09.gif

THIS THREAD IS BROUGHT TO YOU BY

Kinder.png

AND

SG1.png

Last edited:

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Great thread bro. :thumbsup:

This is gonna be a tough game to watch if the Knicks come out like they did against MEM. I'm hoping for a big game from STAT. Time to steal one on the road. :superman:

New New York

Quiet Storm
great thread

Players step up in Melo's absence, OKC is lured to sleep by a lack of Melo!

Knicks win this one by 4!

If Dantoni is smart he'll put Feilds on Durant, Shump naturally guards Westbrook and Walker on Harding....not that there really is any stopping Durant but too much this season we have tried to use Walker on the best offensive player the other team has and.....no!!!

This is a game I wish we did have Shawne Willams for

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
i think anthonys sitting out this game...hopefully itll cause others to step up, maybe itll help amar'e find his flow again

We'll either get raped or go for an upset and steal this one!

I certainly hope it's the latter!

and btw:
I'm really starting to get impatient on the Baron Davis situation.....this team is crying for a veteran PG.....it's about time he suits up in a Knicks uniform....we didn't sign him as an option for the future, his time is NOW. Come on Baron!

smokes

Huge Member
Honestly contemplating whether to bother watching this game or not after last game, first time I've considered skipping a game all season (didn't take long).

No Melo, Amare playing like crap, bench playing like jokers. Although if the analysts are to believed this is where we'll see Amare shine since they all believe Melo and Amare can't play together. It held somewhat true when Amare was out will it hold true again today?

Good game thread mate hope it won't be in vain.

CoolClyde

c'mon now Knick fans!

blown out? not watching the game? have faith Knick fans! the Knicks can hit
their 3's on any given day! without Melo in the lineup, there's more of a chance
for ball movement and floor spacing, a chance for Shumpert to come alive and
deny Rusty Westbroke, for Toney D to BE that SG we loved last year, for Laundry
to start folding and fielding his shots, Bud Harrellson to start playing shortstop,
for Jerry Jordan to get some minutes, for Bill Walker to sky, The Bib to actually
play PG, for Chan the Man Handler to deny Durante, and STAT to be the MAN!!

One unthinkable Knick victory coming up!
:eek:uttahere:

smokes

Huge Member
blown out? not watching the game? have faith Knick fans! the Knicks can hit
their 3's on any given day! without Melo in the lineup, there's more of a chance
for ball movement and floor spacing, a chance for Shumpert to come alive and
deny Rusty Westbroke, for Toney D to BE that SG we loved last year, for Laundry
to start folding and fielding his shots, Bud Harrellson to start playing shortstop,
for Jerry Jordan to get some minutes, for Bill Walker to sky, The Bib to actually
play PG, for Chan the Man Handler to deny Durante, and STAT to be the MAN!!

One unthinkable Knick victory coming up!
:eek:uttahere:

Exactly but I don't enjoy watching the Knicks win by taking 50 x 3 pointers :lol:

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Lol not many people along for the ride on this one? We are outgunned tonight but Harrellson doing real well early, just tough to keep up, these douchebags make everything