Corrupt officiating

KingofNy

Starter
I'm getting so tired of watching these NBA refs call games based on their own agenda. I got the NBA pass and I've never seen worse officiating as I've seen this year. From phantom fouls, to bad possession calls, to calling Technical fouls against the wrong players. I'm so sick of it. I hate supporting this league when it's dead obvious that there's more than a handful of corrupt refs.

Here's some reference material to back up my observations:

http://jaylizotte.com/2010/05/27/the-fix-was-in/
http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2010/...pensions-for-continued-criticism-of-referees/
http://largegreenbird.blogspot.com/2010/06/corrupt-nba-referees.html
http://crooksandliars.com/david-neiwert/disgraced-nba-ref-spills-beans-about

Don't expect it to get better any sooner. David Stern got down and dirty to ensure Tim Donaghy?s book never got released. If it did the NBA would no longer exist. Why do we even bother?

knicksin60

Starter
Even if they replaced NBA officials with robots the Knicks would still look awful on both ends of the court against teams that are more hungry than them to win.

KingofNy

Starter
Even if they replaced NBA officials with robots the Knicks would still look awful on both ends of the court against teams that are more hungry than them to win.

I don't doubt it... I'd rather get a FAIR look at where we're at without these terrible officials. I'm not just talking about Knicks games, I'm talking about the officiating overall.

fender0577

Rotation player
He is right, they don't hustle.How can u have a team full of lazy players on an NBA team?1 player hustles, TC, and that's not gonna get it done.

knicksin60

Starter
I don't doubt it... I'd rather get a FAIR look at where we're at without these terrible officials. I'm not just talking about Knicks games, I'm talking about the officiating overall.

Good teams that have a desire to win championships don't allow terrible officiating to get in their way.You rarely see the Mavericks, Lakers and Bulls blaming the refs for their woes.

KingofNy

Starter
Good teams that have a desire to win championships don't allow terrible officiating to get in their way.You rarely see the Mavericks, Lakers and Bulls blaming the refs for their woes.

Those teams normally have the refs in their back pocket... That's why.

KingofNy

Starter
Yeah but your in a knicks forum butty.

LOL read the OP post before replying. I never said Knicks. The Knicks are going to suck because of MDA anyways, the corrupt refs don't help much.

We're not the only team dealing with this problem... Many teams across the NBA are dealing with the same sh*tty calls as we are. It all depends what the NBA wants... If they want to keep the game close, they will. If they want a team to win they'll do their best to make sure it happens.

In an interview I read with Donaghy a few years back, he said that there were 3 types of refs and they fall into one of the below respective classes:

The insider refs: Refs that follow the league's motives on which team the NBA wants to win. The NBA holds a ref meeting before the game and they discuss what the NBA wants to ensure happens in the respective game. These meetings started in 1989.
The Vegas refs: the refs that are trying to swing games in their favor for financial reasons.
The clean refs: Refs that call the game as they see it.

I'm going to try and see if I can find that interview and post it. It's crazy and will probably enlighten some of you.

DrB

Benchwarmer
Balkman should play...JEFFRIES SUCKS....

He is right, they don't hustle.How can u have a team full of lazy players on an NBA team?1 player hustles, TC, and that's not gonna get it done.

Again watching Jeffries passing the ball into the stands...D'Antoni has got to go...Balkman should play...
Chas Jordan over that as*hole Jeffries. The third string played better than than AMARES one on one bullshit that no longer fools anyone. Barkley said it best..The KNICKS ARE NOT A VERY GOOD TEAM...

KingofNy

Starter
It's not just the NBA that's corrupt... Watch the Giants game, it's just as bad. And I'm a Jets fan. I'm about to give up watching sports, it's all about $$$, not talent and teamwork.

It's not just the NBA that's corrupt... Watch the Giants game, it's just as bad. And I'm a Jets fan. I'm about to give up watching sports, it's all about $$$, not talent and teamwork.
Word! The Packers shouldn't even have had that touchdown, it was such a bs call. The Giants won even with the horrible officiating.

KingofNy

Starter
Bump. Another prime example of corrupt officiating is happening tonight against our Knicks. This makes me hate basketball so much. :fury:

KingofNy

Starter
I have no idea what happened out there. Why did the Knicks played so poorly?

Read the game thread or the NBA wants Melo to lose thread. Look at the 25+ bad calls against us. This is a game we should of won by 30 and the refs flipped it in our face by calling BS fouls against us on offense and defense and we couldn't get a shooting foul to save our lives. Lin was driving to the basket all game and he didn't go to the line until the very end of the 3rd quarter. Total BS. I really want to start a petition to get the NBA to stop fixing game. The fix was on tonight.