With the way things are looking....

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
How do you feel about this starting line-up:

PG-Mike Bibby
SG-Iman Shumpert
SF-Carmelo Anthony (Renaldo Balkman if not ready)
PF-Josh Harrellson
C-Tyson Chandler

6th man-Amar'e Stoudemire

Give Balkman a bunch of minutes off the bench.

Yes, I'm being serious. After seeing Amar'e drive and turn the ball over several times last night, I don't know why he deserves to be in the starting line-up when his defense isn't good. One time last night I saw him stand still in what appeared to be him being ready to take a charge and he did a straight up matador turn letting his man go!

This isn't a bash Amar'e thread, nor a trade thread. I simply think Amar'e has not been producing enough. Even his games where he's had good numbers, didn't seem like he was the same player as last season.

Yes, I know this wouldn't happen, and yes, I understand why, because he might start rolling, even soon, but do you think as it stands right now, that this line-up would be better? Do you have another line-up in mind?

:(

Honestly I felt our 2008-2009 and 2009-2010 squads had better chances of winning games than the one now. That's sad....
Forreal.. I feel the same way.. I'm starting to side with the people who swear we should've waited instead of gutting our team.. I get angrier at Melo with each loss for forcing our hand..

petescud

Starter
yeah Dolan really F'd up getting in the middle of the Melo trade. we were a better team before the trade IMO. We would had been better off getting cp3 over both Amare and Melo IMO. Really hope i'm wrong about this. Tonight's game was really hard to watch. Thank God football was on as well

iSaYughh

Starter
^ I feel you.

But true blame should be at Dolan's footsteps.

It's Melo's job to try to get the best deal he could, reasonably.

It's our job to do the best we can to get the best deal for us.

In this instance, our interests aligned with Melo's, to a large degree.

DEN played pure chicken with Dolan. Dolan did Dolan.

There's a big reason why Walsh resigned, and aborted his dream of finishing what he started for us. And there's a big reason it surrounded Dolan not agreeing to not meddle...like he did in the DEN deal.

When Walsh sees this team, he prolly SMFH's and pictures Gallo and Felton still here.

We just have too many problems at the same time:

1) A bad coaching staff that isn't suited to East Coast basketball at all (apart from Woodson).

2) Terrible chemistry issues between our players (especially the franchise players).

3) Too many shit players on the roster (Fields, Douglas, Walker, Novak, Lin, Jeffries - that's half the roster).

4) No PG (Davis injured, Shumpert not a PG, Douglas not a PG).

5) No consistency.

6) Injuries.

Oh and btw: I'm not impressed by Shumpert, this guy has a terrible basketball IQ, the shots he's taking....painful to watch. The second coming of Nate Robinson rather than Gary Payton!

And D'Antoni is on his way to convert a 6'10 post banger in Harrelson into a 3 point shooting machine...SMFH.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I've said this a thousand times already, Shumpert is a chucker, if nobody's going to straight him up he'll keep his 25% chucky chucking all the time. IMO he once told himself (in third person of course): "Shump is better than Kobe and Wade combined, Shump can hit all the shots"... In the last three games combined he went 13 of 45 (28.8%).

Scipio

Benchwarmer
I've said this a thousand times already, Shumpert is a chucker, if nobody's going to straight him up he'll keep his 25% chucky chucking all the time. IMO he once told himself (in third person of course): "Shump is better than Kobe and Wade combined, Shump can hit all the shots"... In the last three games combined he went 13 of 45 (28.8%).

Doesn`t that go back to coaching though? A good coach would pull a rookie aside and tell him not to shoot so much. We have D`Antoni of course though. All he wants is for his players to chuck shots.

Shumpert and Harrelson are already showing symptoms of D`Antoni-itus.

"Just keep shooting . . . claps hands . . . keep shooting . . . claps hands . . . Let`s go, let`s go . . . claps hands . . . sits down. His coaching done for the day.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Keeping blaming Melo, its hysterical.
I knew this sh*t would happen.
Our coach is absolutely awful and we're not performing so we fall back on what should make us great, aka the Melo trade.
Now Melo is the leading scorer and without him we wouldnt have a single win this year. EVEN THOUGH AMARE STOUDEMIRE IS PLAYING LIKE A F*CKING IDIOT THIS YEAR, BUT NO ITS OK HE WAS HERE FIRST DONT BLAME HIM.

Even IF the team last year was better, they have the same chance as this team at beating anyone in the Finals, ZERO.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Amare and Carmelo are both to blame, simply because they aren't enough consistent, they both had some huge games this season, but sometimes they just look awful, can't watch Amare getting stopped by soft Gasol or Carmelo bricking from every spot on the court...

skisloper

Starter
Amare needs a point guard. Its that plain and simple.

Amare is forcing his game because he has nobody and I mean nobody feeding him the ball.....So of course he feels the pressure to perform and is forcing his game....he has been there before....

May sound crazy but I would give this Jeremy guy a shot.....We need a true PG. This is what he is.....I am not saying he is our answer but a temporary bandaid...Someone has to be out their who sees all 4 players when he has the ball and only a truly trained PG can be that....

We do have a unique situation is that our offense is not cohesive...

I VOTE TRY HIM ...AFTER LAST NIGHT THERE IS NOTHING TO LOSE....There is no way he can be worse then any PG showing we have had....

Funny though if starts at the PG position it will be by the 3rd quarter that he chucks up a career high in 3 pointers as Dantonio will be telling him to fire away.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Ugly Games

I agree with a poster on another thread that the Knicks are not particularly fun to watch -- and this goes beyond how badly they have played so far this season. I am, have always been, and will continue to be a Knicks fan, but even Minnesota is playing more exciting basketball than the Knicks.

Carmelo is a fantastic offensive player, but a game of constant isolation plays is not entertaining. Amare is not as good an isolation player, and needs some help from a good point guard or other ball and player movement. Amare has looked incredibly clumsy this year.

Shumpert has deservedly taken some hits lately from frequent poor shots and and otherwise poor shooting. Although I am ignorant about the intricacies of basketball "plays," I cannot even see the semblance of a play developing. Perhaps that is one of Shumpert's problems, he shoots because he is not instructed to start plays or otherwise facilitate the development of planned plays. I do not see any movement to open space with disciplined picks and, perhaps due to the plethora of isolation plays, there is constant standing around the perimeter and rarely any kind of purposeful player movement.

I am concerned that we are again the victims of assuming that an assemblage of individual stars will automatically make a successful "team." We have no depth whatsoever, only one first round pick over the next three years, and three stars who will for several years wholly monopolize our cap space.

I am not ready to give up, however. I am likely counting too much on Baron solving our point guard problems. I am convinced that whether or not D'Antoni is a capable coach, he is not a good coach for this team. I see a change, if not this year, next year. Although Shumpert has been "chucking" at times, many of the shots he has taken were not bad shots -- he just keeps missing. He has got to be frustrated. He needs some time. But he is a keeper.

In the meantime, it is not pleasant watching the Knicks play.

KingofNy

Starter
Doesn`t that go back to coaching though? A good coach would pull a rookie aside and tell him not to shoot so much. We have D`Antoni of course though. All he wants is for his players to chuck shots.

Shumpert and Harrelson are already showing symptoms of D`Antoni-itus.

"Just keep shooting . . . claps hands . . . keep shooting . . . claps hands . . . Let`s go, let`s go . . . claps hands . . . sits down. His coaching done for the day.

HAHAHAHAHA... :agreed: That's MDA coaching in a nutshell. You forgot the random yell at weak player (Douglas, Fields, etc.) for not shooting enough.

I agree with a poster on another thread that the Knicks are not particularly fun to watch -- and this goes beyond how badly they have played so far this season. I am, have always been, and will continue to be a Knicks fan, but even Minnesota is playing more exciting basketball than the Knicks.

Carmelo is a fantastic offensive player, but a game of constant isolation plays is not entertaining. Amare is not as good an isolation player, and needs some help from a good point guard or other ball and player movement. Amare has looked incredibly clumsy this year.

Shumpert has deservedly taken some hits lately from frequent poor shots and and otherwise poor shooting. Although I am ignorant about the intricacies of basketball "plays," I cannot even see the semblance of a play developing. Perhaps that is one of Shumpert's problems, he shoots because he is not instructed to start plays or otherwise facilitate the development of planned plays. I do not see any movement to open space with disciplined picks and, perhaps due to the plethora of isolation plays, there is constant standing around the perimeter and rarely any kind of purposeful player movement.

I am concerned that we are again the victims of assuming that an assemblage of individual stars will automatically make a successful "team." We have no depth whatsoever, only one first round pick over the next three years, and three stars who will for several years wholly monopolize our cap space.

I am not ready to give up, however. I am likely counting too much on Baron solving our point guard problems. I am convinced that whether or not D'Antoni is a capable coach, he is not a good coach for this team. I see a change, if not this year, next year. Although Shumpert has been "chucking" at times, many of the shots he has taken were not bad shots -- he just keeps missing. He has got to be frustrated. He needs some time. But he is a keeper.

Fantastic post. You're spot on bro!

No poster described our current situation better so far.

Kiyaman

Legend

Shump should not be playing the PG over Bibby & TD (clueless coach decision).
Shump's raw style have to be develope into NBA form as an energy combo-
guard off the bench. Shump's decision-making as a floor leader was poor in
college, and Im sure it showed in Knicks practices.

In TD rookie season he was not ready to start over Nate Robinson & Larry Hughes,
which caused conflict/havoc between Nate/Hughes vs Dantoni.

TD shouldve started all games this season....punk Dantoni shouldve made
Tyson, or Stat, or Melo, always come out and screen/pick for TD on every
offensive possession so TD could go around the screen to get a clear pass
to his teammate....none of our 3 frontcourt bigmen ever screen or pick for TD....
but we all notice on every defensive possession TD is always running into a bigman
screen/pick to stop TD from pressuring our oponents PG.

When u watch a Chicago Bulls game everytime PG-D.Rose got the ball in
movement u see screens set for D.Rose come out of every where from their
Bigs "Noah, or Gibson, or Booser, or Deng, or Astic"....do u see our rookie
Jorts being taught to come-out to set high screens or low picks for our PG to
go around to setup Jorts for a pick n roll? HELL NO!
Rookie Jorts shows good inside presense so our coaches should be working on
Jorts posting up down low twice a game. Rather than have 6.10 Jorts on the
3-ball line on offense. Clueless coach decision!!!

Kiyaman

Legend

Oldtimer....stop the bull. Dantoni shouldve been FIRED 2 seasons ago.
u want to see a play the Mavs used on every postseason team last year that
worked consistently.....Kidd bring up the ball going around a high screen set
by Marion, while Marion is setting his screen for Kidd, Tyson Chandler is
setting his screen for Dirk, both Kidd & Dirk goes around their screens at the
same time with Kidd hitting Dirk with the ball for a cutting dunk.
Headcoach Rick Carlylisle ran that same play on various teams as headcoach
of the Detroit Pistons, and headcoach of the Indiana Pacers.

Please name me one play u seen Dantoni run consistently using 3 or more players
in his 9 year NBA career as headcoach? and I will apologize for this response.