Just wanted to remind you all BD will struggle when he returns

New New York

Quiet Storm
Now as much as this is a proactive step to prevent all the hate threads that will come when the inevitable happens upon BD's return, I know that such threads like "BD is a Fruad", "Trade Baron and Tyson for Derrick Rose" type threads will come (the latter would seem to be exaggeratted, but the way the newbies are posting nowadays it is likely!)

Now, BD has not practiced at all with the team, he will likely have one, maybe two practices before his first game, he will likely look rusty and will have more TO's then assist, will shoot the ball a low clip and will get burned on D at first....this is to be expected, yet some of you will complain still

Raymond Felton looked good for us last year, but struggled out of the gate as he learned his teamates and offense, and he had a training camp!

So with Baron's return expected soon lets keep in mind the man has been out with a bulging disc and will need time to gel with his teamates :gony:

KingCharles34

All Star
lol good thread, it will take him some time to get going. I dont think he'll be playing near 40 minutes for a little while, Id start him off slow and be careful. You gotta be extra cautious with him because of his age and past/current injuries

Wargames

Starter
Another reason I think the Knicks should sign Ish Smith to be his back up so BD doesn't have to log heavy minutes when he first get back. Shumpert is a SG who if the Knicks Head coach was smarter (he's not),he would be groomed to become Tony Allen 2.0. Also Bibby is on his last leg as a 3pt shooting ring chaser. He cannot be looked upon to be the back up PG for any reliable amount of time. Right now Anthony Carter has more gas left in his tank unfortunately.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Expected soon? Whenabouts?
Davis is getting closer and closer to returning from a herniated disk and a person familiar with the situation said the guard will take a big leap in his rehab this week by starting full running drills and some contact basketball drills.
It’s not out of the question for him to be cleared for practice by next weekend and a late-January debut has become more likely than not.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...e_return_fNre534gXnULRlViOhFPTO#ixzz1jbt3UTru[/i]

The Knicks hope Baron Davis can return to the practice court as early as next week.

Mike D'Antoni said Sunday that the best-case scenario is for Davis to return to contact drills, which presumably would include five-on-five scrimmages, next Monday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks

Davis is getting closer and closer to returning from a herniated disk and a person familiar with the situation said the guard will take a big leap in his rehab this week by starting full running drills and some contact basketball drills.
It?s not out of the question for him to be cleared for practice by next weekend and a late-January debut has become more likely than not.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knic...e_return_fNre534gXnULRlViOhFPTO#ixzz1jbt3UTru[/i]

The Knicks hope Baron Davis can return to the practice court as early as next week.

Mike D'Antoni said Sunday that the best-case scenario is for Davis to return to contact drills, which presumably would include five-on-five scrimmages, next Monday.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/knicks

Contact basketball drills......they make it sound so dramatic, don't they?

They should ask the Giants about some contact drills :teeth:

Kiyaman

Legend
Real Talk

Real Talk....Baron Davis been struggling the past 4 seasons with injuries, coaches,
teammates, management, and fans. The only thing Baron Davis did consistently
the past 4 seasons were struggle on his inconsistent performance.

Baron Davis successful years in the NBA, Davis had an above-average SG in
the backcourt with him to call shots. Rookie SG-Eric Gordon & Baron Davis
never seem to mesh in their 3 seasons together.

Here is some important news Knicks-Fans do not want to here....
Baron Davis is a halfcourt offensive PG just like Marbury (not a Dantoni-player).
Coach Byron Scott had the Nets trade Marbury asap, and coach Byron Scott
had the Hornets trade Baron Davis asap. It was not a coincidence of Baron
Davis being amnesty by the Cleveland Cavs when u know who the Cavs headcoach is.
There are players that wanted the lockout to last throughout the 2011-12 season....
Baron Davis not feelin comfortable in Cleveland. Stat pre-training-camp lies
to media and teammates for 5 straight months. Melo hanging out without a
worry in the world spending his bonus signing money throughout the lockout.

The Philadelphia 76ers will be the leader of the Atlantic Division in 2011-12
season, because "Brand & Iggy" started the 76ers pre-training-camp in early August.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
The pre training camp stuff means zero. The Redskins held the most off season camps / sessions before the lockout was over and you see where they are right. The thing that matters is what is done at practice when the coaches are there or to be more clear it matters who is running the practices.

Tbh, I'm almost at the point where I would literally laugh my ass of if the whole 'Baron is our saviour' idea flops.

It would be pure comedy to watch helpless D'Antoni, without a good PG, coach us to a 30-36 record.

It's not like losing is new to us Knick fans, why not another year? Doesn't make much difference, does it?

If a losing record means no more D'Antoni and more depth on the roster next season - I'm all for it.

Paul1355

All Star
Now as much as this is a proactive step to prevent all the hate threads that will come when the inevitable happens upon BD's return, I know that such threads like "BD is a Fruad", "Trade Baron and Tyson for Derrick Rose" type threads will come (the latter would seem to be exaggeratted, but the way the newbies are posting nowadays it is likely!)

Now, BD has not practiced at all with the team, he will likely have one, maybe two practices before his first game, he will likely look rusty and will have more TO's then assist, will shoot the ball a low clip and will get burned on D at first....this is to be expected, yet some of you will complain still

Raymond Felton looked good for us last year, but struggled out of the gate as he learned his teamates and offense, and he had a training camp!

So with Baron's return expected soon lets keep in mind the man has been out with a bulging disc and will need time to gel with his teamates :gony:

Baron should make an instant impact. I think anyone can see that the KNicks point guards don't d something, penetrate to the hoop. Baron will do this and his court vision is better than everyone. He can also pass in transition which Douglas can't do.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Baron should make an instant impact. I think anyone can see that the KNicks point guards don't d something, penetrate to the hoop. Baron will do this and his court vision is better than everyone. He can also pass in transition which Douglas can't do.

I do think BD will do all the things you say he will do, he will also commit foolish turnovers and miss wide open teamates as he learns this offense

What he will instantly do well is run the 2 man game with Amare, but I think the rest will come later so thus the thread because we will certainely have people talking about how we need to trade our next 3 picks for JJ Bera or Ramon Sessions or Threads about how we need to bring in Scottie Reynolds to run point for us will start!

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Anybody that think he's not gonna struggle his first few weeks back is buggin but his biggest impact when he first gets back is gonna be getting ppl back to their natural positions so ppl can feel comfortable again.

One of the biggest reasons this team is playing bad which nobodies bringing up is that almost everybody on this team besides TD and maybe Jorts are asked to play roles their not comfortable with. From TD being a starting playmaking PG, Melo being a Point Forward, STAT trynna be Dirk and iso 15 ft out, Fields catching the ball at the 3 point line being asked to create, and Shumpert a rookie SG who's better suited to be an off ball player being asked to be a starting play making PG.

Last edited: