Community in Disrepair

TakMan

Rotation player
The Knicksonline community appears to have entered a point of no return. This forum is flooded with ridiculous trade ideas, demagogy (to the point where we are calling for everyone's head), and a need to believe in messiahs who have not delivered (Shumpert).

In recent posts I've read about the need to bring in David Lee in place of Stoudamire (?!?)

Jrue Holiday and Nene in place of Anthony

and how Galinari was right about the Knicks not requiring the Anthony trade.

Here's what I think.

The Knicks don't need to trade Stoudamire. They don't require Dwight Howard either. Galinari is shit, and Anthony should stay. What the Knicks need more than anything is a PG and good coaching. I don't trust D'Antoni to deliver on the latter but once Davis returns, the former should be sorted. They have a good team. I trust Chandler on defence more than I would Howard. The hardest part will be for this team to gel. You need to give it 10 more games. If nothing has changed by then I think we have every right to start demanding for heads to roll. Until then I think this forum has had enough of trade ideas and scapegoating.

This season was always going to be a peculiar one. Miami and Boston have teams that have been playing together for over a season and yet they have failed to perform thus far. Patience at the moment is the best we can offer the team. We'll know soon enough who has been right about the Knicks all along.

Finally; Shumpert can turn out to be a really good player. Until he does, this IMAX crap needs to stop.

iJoe

Rotation player
Wow... someone who finally brings some light into the madness... I've been avoiding the forums because it went so insane.... Especially with those who just ride the bandwagon. The same people who would have had Stoudamire's babies last year want to toss him for next to nothing this year.

At least be consistent people.

*odd note for those complaining about our defense

Pace: 96.4 (5th in the league)
Off: 97.4 (23th in the league)
Def: 98.1 (8th in the league)

oddly enough its our offense that is failing us right now. No PG and stoudamire adjusting to playing PF again. Not everyone is a 100% and this condensed season has been a big negative for us.

Good news is that its encouraging, because offense has nowhere to go but up. I believe the guys will figure it out after a few more struggles and everyone hopefully gets healthy.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
The Knicksonline community appears to have entered a point of no return. This forum is flooded with ridiculous trade ideas, demagogy (to the point where we are calling for everyone's head), and a need to believe in messiahs who have not delivered (Shumpert).

In recent posts I've read about the need to bring in David Lee in place of Stoudamire (?!?)

Here's what I think.

The Knicks don't need to trade Stoudamire. They don't require Dwight Howard either. Galinari is shit, and Anthony should stay. What the Knicks need more than anything is a PG and good coaching. I don't trust D'Antoni to deliver on the latter but once Davis returns, the former should be sorted. They have a good team. I trust Chandler on defence more than I would Howard. The hardest part will be for this team to gel. You need to give it 10 more games. If nothing has changed by then I think we have every right to start demanding for heads to roll. Until then I think this forum has had enough of trade ideas and scapegoating.

This season was always going to be a peculiar one. Miami and Boston have teams that have been playing together for over a season and yet they have failed to perform thus far. Patience at the moment is the best we can offer the team. We'll know soon enough who has been right about the Knicks all along.

Finally; Shumpert can turn out to be a really good player. Until he does, this IMAX crap needs to stop.

I have been saying this for the better part of a month Takman Plus 1 for taking the words out of my mouth. I am about to watch the game on league pass broadband since I am stuck at work today. For the record I have been a paying league pass subscriber since 2003-2004 ( first full time job ) regardless of our teams record. I can't wait for one of you people to call me out as a fan, it simply wont happen I never miss a game. But your still gonna have the nerds who hop on here and think they are Donnie Walsh / Phil Jackson and rave about bullshit. Put some effort into your thread or post and stop jumping on the beat writer and reporters dicks. You are allowed to have your own opinion on shit that is the best part about living in the United States last time I checked.

Knicks 97 Magic 90

CA7

Scoring Champ
Hey dude my David Lee trade actually had us bringing in Stephen Curry and Klay Thompson also so I dont think that was ridiculous

petescud

Starter
My apologies as well

Thank God for the OP's message...crap on people like myself with my negative-ness (is that a word)...Agreed in 20 games if we don't gel, we won't till we get new coach(s)...yeah, herb isn't getting it done...lol

But your right, these guys were slung together and don't have many games under their belts. Same is going to be said when BD returns. He's never played with these guys. Nice to see he's optimistic though, and training hard to come back. I love he always has stuff to say to the guys during timeouts. The guys need to band as a team, and Melo needs to pass more. Whenever he is DT'd he need to find the open guy more. We'll be ok. I'm just hoping its this year and not next year. You know NY's patience level...lol

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
every knick "fan" on this site makes me want to kill myself honestly they are the most annoying people shut up reading this post makes me happy so thank you for that...:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::thumbsup::cool::gony:

Sage

Rotation player
Well I think if we get a list of all the people who are posting these insane trade threads. we can amnesty one of them and hopefully trade a few more to another forum for a 6 pack.

Paul1355

All Star

Here's what I think.

Amare is having one of his worst seasons to start. The team is stagnant on offense when we are suppose to dominate on offense. We need Davis healthy, a new coach, and maybe Amare to step it up or get shipped off. He has been terrible. Include Fields, Walker and Douglas in a trade package.

BachaCho

Benchwarmer
I completely agree, the heat were 9-8 to start last season and then they finally started to click, D'Antoni isnt really a great coach at all,but today's game vs the Magic was anyones game up until 5 mins of the 4th quarter, every game lost is going to be a learning experience for the team, now they know to guard the 3 line alot better then today because that was complete ass, 17 3's the Magic lit them up.

Once Baron Davis come back he will help the team drastically, a rookie cant run the super starr'ed team honestly

Its funny because new york is the most ridiculed team in any major sports, alot of big hype around the knicks right now especially the big 3

I just say give it some time i guarantee you they are not playing like this in 10-20 games

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I completely agree, the heat were 9-8 to start last season and then they finally started to click, D'Antoni isnt really a great coach at all,but today's game vs the Magic was anyones game up until 5 mins of the 4th quarter, every game lost is going to be a learning experience for the team, now they know to guard the 3 line alot better then today because that was complete ass, 17 3's the Magic lit them up.

Once Baron Davis come back he will help the team drastically, a rookie cant run the super starr'ed team honestly

Its funny because new york is the most ridiculed team in any major sports, alot of big hype around the knicks right now especially the big 3

I just say give it some time i guarantee you they are not playing like this in 10-20 games

This is was ppl need to realize the Heat record wise was very similar to how the Heat were playing at the beginning of last year. The Knicks need a healthy BD badly and STAT needs to wake up Melo needs to have a talk with him or something.

Bringing in star players is always a lot harder to integrate than role players especially when the star players are still in their prime just give it more time and if after a month of this team with BD and their still playing like shit the I'd get pissed if I was you guys.

iSaYughh

Starter
This is was ppl need to realize the Heat record wise was very similar to how the Heat were playing at the beginning of last year. The Knicks need a healthy BD badly and STAT needs to wake up Melo needs to have a talk with him or something.

Correcto.

And not just that,

MIA had/has superior superstars, including one of whom who probably passes and can run an offense better than 90% of point guards in the league.

They were also, as much shit as they got for their bench and completeness of their starting 5, superior in that area to us, as well.

Plus, they also didn't start off a lock out and eviscerated off season.

We just look like shit now. Our actual record is fine. And we will improve; and improve tremendously if Baron comes back and stays healthy. It'd be like us having kept Billups, but even better as Baron is a far superior fit for the team.

KingofNy

Starter

The Miami Heat never had a losing record last season. You guys need to stop making excuses and smell the roses. This team is nothing more than a .500 team under D'Antoni.

Don't expect a 10 game win streak like Miami had last season, it ain't going to happen... Especially not in a shortened season with a coach that doesn't run plays and only uses a 8-man rotation. I'm all about being positive when there's something to be positive about... Right now I'm not seeing anything to be happy about because even in our wins we found a way to suck.

Most of us aren't saying that we need to trade the whole team or do anything drastic.. We're just pointing out flaws that need to be fixed for us to make it to the next level. Message boards are an outlet to voice your opinion about your team, if people don't like your opinion, who gives a sh*t? I don't.