Trade forum

Trade ideas should go on a separate board?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I don't care, i only post in the main forum

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Considering the large number of threads suggesting funny or serious trades, should we have a separate forum for that so we can keep this one clean and focused on our current roster?

p0nder

Starter
Yes, just put all this into one crappy forum space so that we can discuss Knicks basketball without the trade rumor distractions. there's about as many trade threads as there are threads on other things so it could probably fill up quick.

Toney Douglas for Grievis Vasquez
Wow MeloforMayor I never even thought of that. That's the best trade idea I've heard all year! Vasquez was a really good backup PG for Memphis last season and during their playoff run. I was really shocked when I found out that Memphis traded him. I'm a big fan of Vasquez, his defense is solid and he's way more a true pg than TD is/ever will be. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat! I think New Orleans might want more than just TD though.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
(mind you i dont know if these trades are even possible to make just throwing random stuff out there)

trade 1

BUCKS TRADE- Jennings,stephen jackson
KNICKS TRADE-stoudemire, fields

knicks: have their future Pg in jennings, and a Legit SG in jackson

Bucks: they get a allstar to put next to bogut down low unlike chandler bogut is a offensive threat and has a post up game which can help stat in the long run if teams double team bogut

Knicks- jennings,jackson,melo,Jorts,Chandler
ball hogging backcourt but im sure they could find a way to make it work.

trade 2
KNICKS TRADE-stoudemire, tyson chandler,TD

CELTICS TRADE-Kevin garnet, Ray allen, bradley

Knicks: woah look who just got better defensively sure the knicks just got a little bit older but KG and Ray can still produce... just imagine

Baron,Ray,Melo,Kg, (free agent C filler)

Celtics: just imagine.... Rondo pick and roll with stat and tyson down low as thier anchor celtics can now have legit pieces to rebuild around with Stat,tyson and rondo

(both teams will still be exciting to watch win win situation)

Trade 3:
Knicks -Trade Stat,Fields,Jorts

Golden State Trade - Lee,Ellis

Knicks: with Lee were getting a guy thats already familiar with the system who rebs and can hit the mid range (hustle guy as well) better fit next to chandler. knicks also have a juggernaut scoring machine in ellis, but can ellis and melo mesh?

(knicks)- Baron,Ellis,Melo,Lee,Chandler

Warriors: in all honesty that backcourt of curry,ellis is way to small putting fields in the backcourt with curry not only brings more size but more ball movement and defense +1 for the warriors and now they have stat not a bad start going forward the curry/stat tandem with shooters on the outside can be a threat.

Trade 4

KNICKS TRADE-Stat,tyson

Magic Trade-Howard,hedo
(not going to say anything here im sure you all heard the rumors already)

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Wow MeloforMayor I never even thought of that. That's the best trade idea I've heard all year! Vasquez was a really good backup PG for Memphis last season and during their playoff run. I was really shocked when I found out that Memphis traded him. I'm a big fan of Vasquez, his defense is solid and he's way more a true pg than TD is/ever will be. I'd do this trade in a heartbeat! I think New Orleans might want more than just TD though.

Glad you agree bro. :beer:

Vasquez is a smart player who can definitely play the point. Only knock in his game is shooting, but he has time to improve on that. What is important is his knowledge in running the PG position.

You can skip to 0:56 lol

RyanAhmed

Rookie
Possible trade for the Knicks and Bulls

Carmelo Anthony and Jerome Jordan for Luol Deng and Rip Hamilton.
Greivis Vazquez for Toney Douglas

Why this would work:

The Knicks are a much better team when have a complete team rather than the Miami-esque all-star team. That saying Luol Deng is a great player, same goes for Rip. Yes, he is a little aged but he has veteran experience which is necessary in a league like this. Carmelo Anthony is obviously doing more bad than good for this team. Vazquez is a great back-up point guard, as we saw in his time with Memphis. Toney Douglas is a good player, but not for our team. I think this trade would at least help the knicks win and would certainly bring down our cap a bit.

skisloper

Starter
Carmelo Anthony and Jerome Jordan for Luol Deng and Rip Hamilton.
Greivis Vazquez for Toney Douglas

Why this would work:

The Knicks are a much better team when have a complete team rather than the Miami-esque all-star team. That saying Luol Deng is a great player, same goes for Rip. Yes, he is a little aged but he has veteran experience which is necessary in a league like this. Carmelo Anthony is obviously doing more bad than good for this team. Vazquez is a great back-up point guard, as we saw in his time with Memphis. Toney Douglas is a good player, but not for our team. I think this trade would at least help the knicks win and would certainly bring down our cap a bit.

so we stripped our team to get LOU DENg.....are u nuts.....

RyanAhmed

Rookie
so we stripped our team to get LOU DENg.....are u nuts.....

No, we strip to get Deng and Hamilton, Carmelo and STAT have no chemstry. We have a bunch of stars with no chemistry leaving us to be a terrible team. If he have a bunch of great starters, once Davis comes back, we have a team that is a force to be reckoned with.

Davis - Great PG

Hamilton - Experienced veteran who is still a great ball player

Deng - He is severely underrated in this game and deserves a lot more credit.

STAT - He was better off without Melo, be honest.

Tyson - One of the best centers in the league.

shizzee

Benchwarmer
respond ryan ahmed,
why trade the woundd player and keep the keep the crippled one. Melo will come back healthy dominate offensively. Stop believe that BD is stater quality, he will be good for us but at best back minutes is all his back handle

I would do this

Clippers get Thabeet TWilliams Douglas
Rockets Stat Balkman
Knicks get Mo-Will Scola Flynn

between Flynn BD Mo we have 3 true pgs, sure Mo can score but he can set up to. I faith with ball in his hand to make pass or shot instead melo at the end of the game. scola much smarter player than Stat and smarter. would get others involved great passer.

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Do think Davis Lee and Melo work out better

Raptors get Stat S.Curry Fields Douglas
Warriors get Bargnani Kleiza
Knicks get Lee Calderon

sign Wallace cut Bibby

NY Roster
Calderon Shumpert Melo Lee Chandler
BD/Lin Walker Novak Jeffries Wallace
Jordan Lin

Raptors Roster
Curry Derozon Fields Stat Johnson
Bayless Butler Johnson Davis Gray
Douglas Magloire

Warriors Roster
Ellis Thompson Wright Udoh Bargnani
Robinson Rush McQuire Kleiza Biedrins
Jenkins Tyler

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★

[FONT=&quot]I got a better Trade :

1# Lets trade James Dolan for the time machine from back to the future

2# We hire Dog The Bounty Hunter to capture all the current Knicks so we can swap them with players from a different era

3# We swap Coach D with Red Holzman to coach the first real Super Time Machine Team ( KOOL I KNOW:teeth: )

Roster of :

Allan Houston
Bill Bradley
Charles Oakley
Earl Monroe
DAVE DeBUSSCHERE
WALT FRAZIER

WILLIS REED
PATRICK EWING
Bernard King
Mark Jackson
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Dick Barnett[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Dick McGuire[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

-----------------------------------
IR

Spree
Camby
Mason[/FONT]

shizzee

Benchwarmer
Knicks4Life_1985See its easy to pull stuff out your ass all you need is a few extra minutes at lunch and a smart phone.

looking at how fat you are, you might need a few extra minutes at the all you can eat buffet.

HELP HELP someone get this guy Eddie Curry's Dietitian!

DIETITIAN SAYS "step back from the fridge son"

i think would give up 1st rounder for another sandwich.

that god their not to many fat gm,you might have competition

CoolClyde

Knicks4Life_1985See its easy to pull stuff out your ass all you need is a few extra minutes at lunch and a smart phone.

looking at how fat you are, you might need a few extra minutes at the all you can eat buffet.

HELP HELP someone get this guy Eddie Curry's Dietitian!

DIETITIAN SAYS "step back from the fridge son"

i think would give up 1st rounder for another sandwich.

that god their not to many fat gm,you might have competition

now why do you have to get all personal about it?
i finally check out this trade thread (where ALL the sh*ttee posts should be),
and there's a personal attack going on, and why? because K4L85 was making a funny?
just keep your trade ideas in the trade thread, to make it easier for everyone to ignore you.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Can we please just team up the best pick-and-roll PG in the league with two of the best pick-and-roll finishers in the league and go compete for a championship? Let go. This team is not going to ever win a championship with the current roster. No matter who you put at coach.

Melo + Shumpert + Douglas for DWill + Morrow + Farmar

DWill is averaging 20.5 pts and 8.5 assists this year with hardly any good finishers and under Avery Johnson's slowed down system. He made Boozer an All-Star. Can you imagine what he would do with Amare and Chandler?

Morrow is averaging 13.6 pts on 43% 3-pt shooting. The kind of shooter you need to create spacing for the pick-and-roll to run most effectively. And finally Jordan Farmar as the backup PG we desperately need.