Trade forum

Trade ideas should go on a separate board?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I don't care, i only post in the main forum

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

linknicks

Banned
Considering the large number of threads suggesting funny or serious trades, should we have a separate forum for that so we can keep this one clean and focused on our current roster?
:boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo::boohoo:

metrocard

Legend
Carmelo Anthony
Toney Douglas
2013 1st round pick
2015 1st round pick

For

Corey Maggette
Jamario Moon
Bismack Biyombo
Kemba Walker
2012 1st round pick (Draft Anthony Davis)

Amare Stoudimire
Josh Harrellson

for

John Salmons
Francisco Garcia
Chuck Hayes
2012 1st round pick (top 4 pick)

Bobcats would look like

Augustin/Douglas
Henderson/Carroll
Anthony/Williams/Brown
Thomas/White
Mullens/Diop

Kings would look like
Thomas/Fredette
Evans/Thorton
Williams/Honeycutt
Stoudimire/Whiteside/Green
Cousins/Thompson

Knicks would look like
Lin/Walker
Shumpert/Smith/Salmons
Garcia/Maggette/Novak
Davis/Hayes
Chandler/Biyombo

We cut Moon, and still have an extra roster spot for a top 4 pick

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist ? Harrison Barnes? If you want more offense at the SF, Barnes is that dude. Kidd-Gilchrist is more defensive.

I would enjoy these moves because not only they'll keep us as a competitive team, our future core would really be the best in the NBA with Lin, Walker, Shumpert, a top 4 pick, Davis, Biyombo.

You have all NBA defenders in Lin, Shumpert, Smith, Garcia, Hayes, Chandler and Bismack. Walker and Maggette can score in bunches off the bench, Garcia is an excellent 3pt shooter than will spread the floor for us, and with Anthony Davis and another top 4 pick prospect, the potential of that team is unlimited.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@Al_Ianazzone: Knicks planning to waive Bill Walker and sign Dan Gadzuric. Nothing official yet.

LOL, he'd be the very first Dutch player in the Knicks history. :D

edit: it's "almost" official, Gadzuric is on his way to Cleveland and will be available for the playoffs.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
This is the trade that MUST be made. To not make this trade happen would be a catastrophic failure for both teams.

Amar'e puts Minny over the top by providing the veteran edge they're missing. Can't keep stocking talent forever, gotta go for the gold when the iron is hot. Kevin Love with the jumper, the dunk, the ridiculous boards, then you have Amar'e the slash dunk in the faces, RUBIO DISTRIBUTING to these two STONE COLD BUCKET DROPERS.

Knicks get Pekovic, guy is a beast and he will play in the mud for you, get dirty and beast down there. Guy is improving by the minute like he is an animal or something. Take Darko Milicic as contract filler, whatever, he can't hurt maybe Woodson tough love will get a few boards out of him. Then you have BEASE as sixth man because JR will walk. That's a crazy line up for us. If Darko is not signed for next year, you can replace him with some wack filler, it doesn't matter. Our goal is Pekovic and to a lesser extent SuperBeas, who will fit in great under Melo's big wings.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
This is the trade that MUST be made. To not make this trade happen would be a catastrophic failure for both teams.

Amar'e puts Minny over the top by providing the veteran edge they're missing. Can't keep stocking talent forever, gotta go for the gold when the iron is hot. Kevin Love with the jumper, the dunk, the ridiculous boards, then you have Amar'e the slash dunk in the faces, RUBIO DISTRIBUTING to these two STONE COLD BUCKET DROPERS.

Knicks get Pekovic, guy is a beast and he will play in the mud for you, get dirty and beast down there. Guy is improving by the minute like he is an animal or something. Take Darko Milicic as contract filler, whatever, he can't hurt maybe Woodson tough love will get a few boards out of him. Then you have BEASE as sixth man because JR will walk. That's a crazy line up for us. If Darko is not signed for next year, you can replace him with some wack filler, it doesn't matter. Our goal is Pekovic and to a lesser extent SuperBeas, who will fit in great under Melo's big wings.

You make that a line up of:

1. Lin
2. Shumpdawg
3. Melo
4. Pekovic
5. Tyson
6. SuperBeas
7. Novak?
8. BDiddy
9. Young Point Guard From International Maybe?
10. Try to get Moz Back somehow

And for MInny you have this:

1. Rubio
2. Whoever
3. Whoever they got there
4. Amar'e
5. K Love The Machine
6. JJ Barrea
7. Whoever...
11. Doesn't matter I don't know them like that.

Got D'Antoni coaching them, that's a contender for Minny immediately 60 wins next year. MDA will maximize whatever filler they got, and if there are two players in the entire NBA right now that are a better fit than Rubio, Love, Amar'e for D'Antoni? Holy shit, it will make MDA's Suns seem like a blurry little warm-up.

Word is bond.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7qe3hw3

Sixers get:
Amare Stoudemire

Knicks get:
Andre Iguodala
N. Vucevic

Why Sixers do this trade:
They enquired about Amare earlier in the season and are dying to get a star back in Philly. It is well known management knows Iggy isn't the answer there and Iggy has been in many trade rumours before.

Why Knicks do this trade:
Obviously getting rid of STAT's contract is a massive plus but we get a brilliant perimeter defender in Iggy. Combined with Shump we would have the best perimeter defense in the league and become an elite overall defensive team. I suggest moving Melo to the 4 spot as he is proven to thrive there and it creates a mismatch in our favour. Also giving us a very athletic team.

Giving us a lineup of:

Jeremy Lin
Iman Shumpert
Andre Iguodala
Carmelo Anthony
Tyson Chandler

The combination of the best perimeter defenders in the game will give us a serious 1-2 punch against the likes of Wade, Westbrook, Rose and CP3. Carmelo and Lin are very capable scorers still giving us enough firepower in games and Iggy would be a great 2nd/3rd option. With Tyson becoming the primary beneficiary of the pick and roll and no worrying about getting STAT his touches I would think it would be reasonable to see him averaging 13-15ppg.

** Bonus incentives for this trade.
1. Vucevic may prove to be a decent and legitimate backup behind Chandler, and a young center like him will be very tradeable should we not require his services.

2. Iggy is an underrated playmaker and ball handler, this gives us 4, yes four players in the starting lineup capable of facilitating the offense and creating their own shot.

3. Better salary space allows us to retain Novak, Fields etc.

Thoughts? Feel free to shoot me down, all I ask is that you give me decent feedback and reveal why.

CA7

Scoring Champ
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7qe3hw3

Sixers get:
Amare Stoudemire

Knicks get:
Andre Iguodala
N. Vucevic

Why Sixers do this trade:
They enquired about Amare earlier in the season and are dying to get a star back in Philly. It is well known management knows Iggy isn't the answer there and Iggy has been in many trade rumours before.

Why Knicks do this trade:
Obviously getting rid of STAT's contract is a massive plus but we get a brilliant perimeter defender in Iggy. Combined with Shump we would have the best perimeter defense in the league and become an elite overall defensive team. I suggest moving Melo to the 4 spot as he is proven to thrive there and it creates a mismatch in our favour. Also giving us a very athletic team.

Giving us a lineup of:

Jeremy Lin
Iman Shumpert
Andre Iguodala
Carmelo Anthony
Tyson Chandler

The combination of the best perimeter defenders in the game will give us a serious 1-2 punch against the likes of Wade, Westbrook, Rose and CP3. Carmelo and Lin are very capable scorers still giving us enough firepower in games and Iggy would be a great 2nd/3rd option. With Tyson becoming the primary beneficiary of the pick and roll and no worrying about getting STAT his touches I would think it would be reasonable to see him averaging 13-15ppg.

** Bonus incentives for this trade.
1. Vucevic may prove to be a decent and legitimate backup behind Chandler, and a young center like him will be very tradeable should we not require his services.

2. Iggy is an underrated playmaker and ball handler, this gives us 4, yes four players in the starting lineup capable of facilitating the offense and creating their own shot.

3. Better salary space allows us to retain Novak, Fields etc.

Thoughts? Feel free to shoot me down, all I ask is that you give me decent feedback and reveal why.

1 way I can see us moving STAT to Philly is they want to make Evan Turner more of a focal point and Igoudala gets in the way, they can also replace Brand with STAT who's more athletic, also STAT will play harder because he is now the man since he only plays hard when he's the focal point

Igoudala would be the ultimate glue guy for us too, true leader and him and Tyson will make sure the defense is on for 48 minutes

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
1 way I can see us moving STAT to Philly is they want to make Evan Turner more of a focal point and Igoudala gets in the way, they can also replace Brand with STAT who's more athletic, also STAT will play harder because he is now the man since he only plays hard when he's the focal point

Igoudala would be the ultimate glue guy for us too, true leader and him and Tyson will make sure the defense is on for 48 minutes

Im just envisioning the three headed defensive beast that would be Shump, Iggy & Chandler. I think this puts us in the top 3 defenses in the league and we still have enough firepower in Lin & Melo, and it's not exactly like Iggy is a terrible offensive player.

tkrieger

Benchwarmer
Obviously getting rid of STAT's contract is a massive plus but we get a brilliant perimeter defender in Iggy. Combined with Shump we would have the best perimeter defense in the league and become an elite overall defensive team.
If what you say about Iggy is true (haven't seen him enough to form an opinion), it would be for yet another reason: Lin is also a very good perimeter defender.

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
If what you say about Iggy is true (haven't seen him enough to form an opinion), it would be for yet another reason: Lin is also a very good perimeter defender.

It would be a team with 3 elite defenders in Iggy, Shump and Chandler. Melo and Lin are sound defenders and could hold their man.

It's honestly a greater version of the team we played in April with STAT & Lin out. Except Lin is back in and Iggy replaces Fields. Our defense get even more solid and I think our offense would be more balanced and potentially better than it is now. With everyone knowing their place with Melo as #1 option and Tyson not having to fight with Stat for PnR touches.

Can you imagine how our shooters would benefit? Lin, Iggy and Melo are all very good at penetrating the lane and dishing it to shooters, hell even Shump can do it consistently.

Rob Low

Rotation player
Carmelo Anthony
Toney Douglas
2013 1st round pick
2015 1st round pick

For

Corey Maggette
Jamario Moon
Bismack Biyombo
Kemba Walker

Amare Stoudimire
Josh Harrellson

for

John Salmons
Francisco Garcia
Chuck Hayes

Bobcats would look like

Augustin/Douglas
Henderson/Carroll
Anthony/Williams/Brown
Thomas/White
Mullens/Diop

Kings would look like
Thomas/Fredette
Evans/Thorton
Williams/Honeycutt
Cousins/Thompson

Knicks would look like
Lin/Walker
Shumpert/Smith/Salmons
Garcia/Maggette/Novak
Davis/Hayes
Chandler/Biyombo

Michael Kidd-Gilchrist ? Harrison Barnes? If you want more offense at the SF, Barnes is that dude. Kidd-Gilchrist is more defensive.

I would enjoy these moves because not only they'll keep us as a competitive team, our future core would really be the best in the NBA with Lin, Walker, Shumpert, a top 4 pick, Davis, Biyombo.

You have all NBA defenders in Lin, Shumpert, Smith, Garcia, Hayes, Chandler and Bismack. Walker and Maggette can score in bunches off the bench, Garcia is an excellent 3pt shooter than will spread the floor for us, and with Anthony Davis and another top 4 pick prospect, the potential of that team is unlimited.

Is this some kind of sick tasteless joke? This team would average 45 points a game

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
Carmelo Anthony
Toney Douglas
2013 1st round pick
2015 1st round pick

For

Corey Maggette
Jamario Moon
Bismack Biyombo
Kemba Walker

Amare Stoudimire
Josh Harrellson

for

John Salmons
Francisco Garcia
Chuck Hayes

Bobcats would look like

Augustin/Douglas
Henderson/Carroll
Anthony/Williams/Brown
Thomas/White
Mullens/Diop

Kings would look like
Thomas/Fredette
Evans/Thorton
Williams/Honeycutt
Cousins/Thompson

Knicks would look like
Lin/Walker
Shumpert/Smith/Salmons
Garcia/Maggette/Novak
Davis/Hayes
Chandler/Biyombo

No offense man, but this is a terrible trade and ridiculously unlikely.

Rioferd

Benchwarmer
Ridiculous trade and which GM would want to trade for stoudamire and his longass contract?

If you were a GM would you give up a shot at Anthony Davis for someone like Stat or Melo. Probably not.

Paul1355

All Star
Getting Elton Brand might be the best move for trading Stat

Brand has one more year left at 18 million and he would be more productive on the defensive end(1.6 bpg), while being able to consistently knock down the open mid range shot and play with his back to the basket.

Not a bad move

Number3

Benchwarmer
i would stay with what we have... just improve Dan and Jerome Jordan at Center and the rest of our guys .... i would only trade 2 of the 3 pgs (douglas bibby davis) get us a back up PG and thats it

skisloper

Starter
i would stay with what we have... just improve Dan and Jerome Jordan at Center and the rest of our guys .... i would only trade 2 of the 3 pgs (douglas bibby davis) get us a back up PG and thats it

Is Jerome Jordan absolutely horrible in practice ????? A 7 footer that sees no action ever no matter who the coach is....

Number3

Benchwarmer
Is Jerome Jordan absolutely horrible in practice ????? A 7 footer that sees no action ever no matter who the coach is....

i have no idea why he woodson doesnt put him in... with the short minutes he has played ... i seen him solid.. he has a shot.. goes to the rim... has a hook shot... idk why...thats why i said.. we should develop him

21 Shump Street

Benchwarmer
i have no idea why he woodson doesnt put him in... with the short minutes he has played ... i seen him solid.. he has a shot.. goes to the rim... has a hook shot... idk why...thats why i said.. we should develop him

This, JJ is like my Scalabrine. I go crazy when he actually comes on, surprised he doesn't get more garbage minutes. He actually appears to have a fair upside. I think if we develop him he could become a very nice backup C. Having two 7 footers on the roster never hurts.