Trade forum

Trade ideas should go on a separate board?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I don't care, i only post in the main forum

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

CA7

Scoring Champ
I think after an off-season of learning from Tyson and Woodson turning him into what he envisions as a Center then JJ should see a lot more time.The problem is STAT needs to play the 5 sometime and then there's JJ9, Novak and Melo who play the 4 also and the he's behind Jorts who at least does something coach feels is valuable

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Washington traded forward Rashard Lewis and the 46th overall pick to New Orleans for forward Trevor Ariza and center Emeka Okafor.

IF RASHARD LEWIS CAN BE TRADED, SOMEONE WILL BE A SUCKER FOR AMARE

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Does anyone still believe in Toney Douglas? I personally think its time to trade him, maybe for a pick or something and just move on. I don't see him ever getting off the bench with Lin, Shump and the New point coming soon.

Oh, and I think it's too early to think trade Amare. He was playing great ball before Melo came and he can still hold it down when melo is not on the floor. I think we should use him as the leader of the second unit or something. If we are winning, I don't think he will care. Plus you never know how the new point guard will help his game, Nash or Felton could do wonders to his game.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't think there would be much interest as of now, Toney had a horrible season and his value drastically dicreased which would leave us with a late 2nd round pick at best if we intend to move him.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Three team trade:

New York Knicks:

Trade Amar'e Stoudemire to Detroit Pistons
Trade Toney Douglas to Sacramento Kings

Detroit Pistons:

Trade Rodney Stuckey to New York Knicks
Trade 2nd Round pick (2012) to New York Knicks
Trade Charlie Villanueva to Sacramento Kings

Pistons Starting Lineup: Knight, Evans, Prince, Stat, Monroe

Sacramento Kings:

Trade Jason Thompson to New York Knicks
Trade Tyreke Evans to Detroit Pistons
Trade 2nd Round pick (2013) to Detroit Pistons

Kings Starting Lineup: Fredette, Thornton, Salmons, Hayes, Cousins

Knicks Starting Lineup

PG - Rodney Stuckey
SG - JR Smith
SF - Carmelo Anthony
PF - Free Agent? Kenyon Martin?
C - Tyson Chandler

Knicks Bench Lineup

PG - Jeremy Lin
_G - Iman Shumpert
_G - Free Agent or Draft Pick (Reservist) or Re-Sign Mike Bibby?
SF - Steve Novak
SF - Free Agent? Marco Bellinelli? or Jeremy Evans?
PF - Jason Thompson
PF - Jared Jeffries
PF - Free Agent or Draft Pick (Reservist)
_C - Josh Harrellson
_C - Jerome Jordan (Reservist)

Last edited:

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
This obviously makes multitude of sense for every team

Posted this a week or so ago in the Knicks trade thread, might as well get a few more opinions before Thursday.
Seeing how there's a lot of Knick fans who want Amar'e traded, I humor you with a realistic trade offer to do just that. I've seen tons of trade scenarios where the Knicks doesn't get much back for Amar'e in a deal , which I understand but doubt would be the case if a trade actually happened. Here's an offer I think is good for all teams involved on draft night;

Pistons receive: Corey Maggette, Jerome Jordan, Dan Gadzuric & #2 overall pick (Andre Drummond?)
Why? - Pistons need to really start over, the right way. Kinda hard to do so with money tied up in too many role playing vets. They get a $10 million dollar expiring in Maggette for Prince's & Stuckey's long term deals and they get to move up to #2 & continue to build around Brandon Knight & Greg Monroe.
Jerome & Dan's contract's are non-guaranteed, so they could be cut as soon as trade is official.
The cherry on top could be that they can still use their Amnesty of Charlie Vill to free up even more cap space.

Bobcats receive: Amar'e Stoudemire, Toney Douglas, & #8 overall pick

Why? - They're hurting for someone or something to help their cause & fan base. They turn an extra washed up role player & a decent role player into a Star whom is falling out there prime but contains & shows leadership that fans can cheer for. They send out just about the same amount they receive in the deal, so they'd still have a ton of cap space to play with during FA. It's also been noted that they have no problem trading out that #2 spot in the draft, so at least they get to stay in top 10.

Knicks receive: Rodney Stuckey, Tyrus Thomas, & Tayshaun Prince

Why? - Why not? Lol. Rodney Stuckey is young, fit nicely, & can get more important PT with the Knicks than the lowly Pistons at this point, especially with standout Knicks' rookie Iman Shumpert being out most of his sophomore season. Stuckey could be Lin's or JR's backup. Tyrus Thomas would obviously replace Amar'e & is still young himself. And Tayshaun could be the 7th man or 8th man & be Melo's backup, providing some D & vet awareness.
This deal would also do wonders for NY seeing how they're in limbo with this bird-rights appeal stuff. Can't just sit back & wait. Improvement must be made if the mode is in win-now, no matter what.
http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1189772&p=32339373

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6q2kqlp

KNICKS RECIEVE
David Lee
Andris Biedrins
2nd round pick

WARRIORS RECIEVE
Amar'e Stoudemire
Toney Douglas

POTENTIAL STARTING LINE-UPS

Knicks
PG: Jeremy Lin
SG: Iman Shumpert
SF: Carmelo Anthony
PF: David Lee
C: Tyson Chandler

Warriors
PG: Stephen Curry
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Dorrel Wright
PF: Amar'e Stoudemire
C: Andrew Bogut

The Warriors unload Biedrins contract and get a star that can be a superstar in the Warriors open court system, while the Knicks get a rebounding, post up, P&R PF that fits perfectly with Melo, not to mention a good gritty defensive minded veteran center to come off the bench.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't know how drunk you must be to say GSW will trade Lee + Biedriņš for STATue, they've got enough defensive liabilities over there.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
Now that we missed out on Steve Nash, could there be a door opening with Lakers to trade Stat for Pau Gasol?

Yes with Kidd, Gasol, Chandler, JR/Shump & Melo could be devastating lineup...

Thoughts?

portega1968

El Cacique
Amare and Shump for David Lee and Klay Thompson... Thompson will become one of the top 3 SGs in a couple of seasons. These two players would fit perfectly.

Paul1355

All Star
Amare and Shump for David Lee and Klay Thompson... Thompson will become one of the top 3 SGs in a couple of seasons. These two players would fit perfectly.

I feel like Shump will eventually be dealt since Amare's contract is so bad.

Your trade scenerio isn't that bad even though I love Shump but I expect Thompson to be a stud very soon, he had Reggie Miller comparisons coming out of college.

Bring back David Lee? His shot is butter and he rebounds better than Amare. yet Lee's defense IS WORSE than Amare and that is just sad.

Idk if both sides would do this but Joe Lacob is an idiot.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I feel like Shump will eventually be dealt since Amare's contract is so bad.

Your trade scenerio isn't that bad even though I love Shump but I expect Thompson to be a stud very soon, he had Reggie Miller comparisons coming out of college.

Bring back David Lee? His shot is butter and he rebounds better than Amare. yet Lee's defense IS WORSE than Amare and that is just sad.

Idk if both sides would do this but Joe Lacob is an idiot.

Probably have to do something like

Stoudemire/Shumpert/Lin/Fields for Lee/Thompson/Curry/filler

But I'm not giving up Shumpert for anybody

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons for Stat, Melo, Chandler , JR Smith, Novak , Felton , Kidd , Pablo, Brewer , Shumpert , Kurt , Chris Smith , Copeland , James White , Baron Davis , Oscar, Henry, Mychal Thompson and Josh Shurna.

CoolClyde

Jeremy Lin and Chandler Parsons for Stat, Melo, Chandler , JR Smith, Novak , Felton , Kidd , Pablo, Brewer , Shumpert , Kurt , Chris Smith , Copeland , James White , Baron Davis , Oscar, Henry, Mychal Thompson and Josh Shurna.

c'mon man, come to your senses! not Shumpert!
:smokin: