Trade forum

Trade ideas should go on a separate board?

• Yes

Votes: 22 44.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 12.2%
  • I don't care, i only post in the main forum

Votes: 21 42.9%

• Total voters

skisloper

Starter
I am not going to fight with you but NOW with the new CBA there are signing bonuses...
mAV0P5I.png

So restructuring a player(s) contract with two years or less is viable, the team has enough reasons to push Amare to accept terms... They also could plea with Amare and use his words against himself -- Last off-season he was vying to get Steve Nash to the Knicks, well now we have the option to send you to the Lakers to re-unite with Steve Nash & Mike D'Antoni... It could happen, doesn't mean it will...

Lakers lose Howard they WILL NOT be able to sign any max money players in free agency as they are clear in the luxury tax with Gasol at $19 M and Bryant at $30 M just for those two players... Add in Duhon $4 M, Nash $9M, Hill $3.5 M, Meeks $2 M ($65 M just on this group of players) they just don't have any room to make any moves so "IF" Howard tells Buss Family that he wants out -- they "COULD" do this type of trade!!!

JR is likely opting out of his player option, but in this case if I was management would make him see that opting in would give him a better chance mid-season to sign a 5 year extension with this upcoming year being his 3rd year in Bird Rights... If he opts out the Knicks could offer him a 4 year deal around $25 M max -- of course they would do this after they set their roster...

Lets clearly agree to disagree .

KnicksFan4Life

Benchwarmer
THIS... http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mkfuy7y Knicks throw in a 2014 1st round pick to LA and a 2015 2nd round pick to the Mavs.
As it's been stated numerous times already the Knicks do not have a 2014 1st round pick. They traded it in the Melo deal. Also a team is not allowed to trade picks in consecutive seasons so that put's their 2015 1st round pick out of question and the Nuggets have the right to swap 1st rounders in 2016.

Wargames

Starter
The Houston Rockets will not pick up contract options Aaron Brooks, Carlos Delfino and Francisco Garcia.
Brooks appeared in 7 games for the Rockets in 2012-13 after joining the team on Mar. 5.
Delfino played in 67 games during his one-year tenure with the Rockets.
Garcia was acquired by the Rockets in a sign-and-trade with the Sacramento Kings on Feb. 21, 2013.

Knicks should try to get either Delfino or Brooks for the MLE.
or even better a combination of the knicks expirings and some "cash" to take the contract from them. I remember Melo said he wanted Carlos as a team mate so why not.

Last edited:

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
The team is tossing around the idea of sending Tyson Chandler to the Minnesota Timberwolves, sources report.

The Knicks have talked with the Timberwolves about acquiring Derrick Williams in place of Chandler. He is gamble and was disappointing in his first few years in the league, but he has a skill set that can make him productive in the paint and can develop down the road.

New York would also get Luke Ridnour who has been a target of the team for years. He would give the Knicks depth at point guard.

New York also wants the No. 26 draft pick in the trade. It would give the team two picks in the first round.

Minnesota would be set at the center position and New York would build with depth and youth.
Thoughts???

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
it was just a baseless rumor (though I wish it had been based on some reality....). Now the new rumor is the knicks are trying to move up for the 13th pick

Baseless rumor, could become reality as well... It makes logical sense for both sides to pursue that trade, but a third team would have to be in the mix -- I don't see Derrick Williams in a Knicks uni, maybe Lidnour but not Williams...

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
What do the Wolves do with Pekovic? He's a RFA and Saunders said they want to bring him back.

There are so many rumors swirling -- like the Cavs are willing to trade the #1 Overall pick for F/C Kevin Love, if there is a validity to that then maybe moving Nikola Pekovic to PF then trading for Tyson Chandler could be an option...

Wargames

Starter
i think the tyson rumor (and most trade talk) is just that a rumor. Knicks in my mind look like they want to load up with basically the same cast and try it again....

All sign's look to the knicks trying to find more half decent players by scraping the basketball barrel. in my mind we will likely move all those expirings for an older player to sign to a too long contract again.... maybe we get lucky and we get a not so old player for all those expirings.

johnk812

Rookie
Screw the draft, ship the pick for T-Rob...

he Rockets have been offered the opportunity to shed the contract of Thomas Robinson for a first-round pick in the 2013 draft, according to ESPN.com.

The Rockets are likely to capitalize on this chance for a few reasons: Dwight Howard has been rumored to be interested in joining the Rockets and this would clear up cap space, the Rockets have some interest in foreign players with that compensatory pick and Thomas Robinson hasn't really been that great. Surprisingly, T-Rob shot 44.9 percent from the field for 4.5 points in 13.0 minutes per game in 19 contests with the Rockets after being traded by the Kings. Last year's fifth pick in the draft already has the bust label on him and could be looking for a new team next week.

He did not get nearly enough run to be judged fairly (although I feel the same about Derrick Williams sometimes too, I would absolutely go for him in a separate deal) and can be a steal for pick number 20-something.

tiger0330

Legend
Rockets have very good reasons for getting rid of T-Rob to clear cap space to make a run at Dwight. But why did Sac-town dump a 5th pick so soon?? He hasn't been very good especially for a player with 3 years college ball under his belt, drafting a player is always a gamble but in T-Rob's case his rookie year tells me he'll be out of the league in a few years. The Knicks would be making a mistake dealing their first round pick for him.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
We cannot deal our pick for T. Robinson at least at this point. We have no pick in 2014 as a result of the Melo trade and a team may not trade consecutive picks. This also means we cannot trade a 2015 pick. As for 2016, Denver gets to switch picks with us if it so desires.

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
We cannot deal our pick for T. Robinson at least at this point. We have no pick in 2014 as a result of the Melo trade and a team may not trade consecutive picks. This also means we cannot trade a 2015 pick. As for 2016, Denver gets to switch picks with us if it so desires.

we can draft a player on behalf of the Rockets then trade that player's rights for Thomas Robinson

Robinson $3.5 M
#24 pick is worth $997,300
Ronnie Brewer trade exception $1M

this trade wouldn't be acceptable

there would have to be a third team since we have no wiggle room...

Peejay88

Rookie
I can't remember where I saw it but I heard a rumor that the Warriors could be open to dealing Lee for Amar'e so they could avoid the luxury tax while still signing Landry and Jack. Apparently Amar'e's deal has one less year. If this were so I'd do this move quick before The Warriors realised how much of a stiff Amar'e is. Alright Lee's D is laughable as Amar'es but he grabs boards and can actually get on the court!

gmf1369

Benchwarmer
I can't remember where I saw it but I heard a rumor that the Warriors could be open to dealing Lee for Amar'e so they could avoid the luxury tax while still signing Landry and Jack. Apparently Amar'e's deal has one less year. If this were so I'd do this move quick before The Warriors realised how much of a stiff Amar'e is. Alright Lee's D is laughable as Amar'es but he grabs boards and can actually get on the court!

wait what... this hasn't been completed yet??? what are they waiting for???