Tired of needing the perfect team in order for bum coach to win

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Thanks Ron for proving my point! :thumbsup:

What the above means only you know Red.

Just for shits and giggles, please explain these last three things, please. I promise all I'll say is I hate this system and keep it moving.

1. Why did we hoist 35 three's a few games ago?

I think the spacing dictates that guys stand behind the three-point line. However that doesn't means that they always need to shoot a three. Alot of times our players don't take the right three.. that is a shot in flow/rhythm off of good ball movement, resulting in a good open look. It's not MDA's fault when guys hoist bad threes. Over time our players will understand when to shoot in the flow thru film study reps in practice and executing in games.

You are completely blind to the above because all you can see is your hate for this coach.

I can respect different ways of doing things. I have no problem with the way Riley coached, or the way Van Gundy lead this team. As long as the method is effective I can live with it. MDA's offense IS effective. Regardless of whether YOU or others like it or not.

2. Why did we get swept last playoffs?

I believe we had some key injuries that hindered us a bit (TD, Billups, Amare.. smh). Or are you blinded to these factors as well? Please stop. Melo still had not acclimated to the system yet, still hasn't. He also had to get us in to our offense because TD sucked so much. I remember we started Carter at point for god sakes. Our back court sucked. The Celts had Ray-Ray and Rondo= not good. Again, on court vision Red. Watch the games. Understand what you see.

3. Why has Jorts shot more threes than anything?

He can shoot them Red. I like him from 3. He can do other things in this offense too. He can drive as guys close on him, or back his man (which we saw in the Phoenix game) down and try to shoot that lil hook or draw a foul.

Please, seriously, enlighten us... please.

BTW, I think it's clear, our leader, and veterans, have not, and will not "but in to" this system...IMO. youngsters maybe, Stat is conditoned so maybe, but those who are students of the game and have been taught fundamentals (Melo, Billups before) are not buying it. They know better.

How do you know this?? How is this clear to you???

It isn't and you don't know.. Watch the game on court for your answers. Then talk to me.

Last edited:

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Agree, we need a major change. We got the talents....

come on knicks.

we really dont have the "talents" tho. Melo and Amare don't take good shots, dont play D, literally dont know where to be on defense. We have no stretch 4, no depth after Amare and Chandler sit down. We also have no natural point guard. And to make matters worse, we dont have a coach who can stretch the talents we have....

we really dont have the "talents" tho. Melo and Amare don't take good shots, dont play D, literally dont know where to be on defense. We have no stretch 4, no depth after Amare and Chandler sit down. We also have no natural point guard. And to make matters worse, we dont have a coach who can stretch the talents we have....

Gotta disagree.

1) Good shots-They're never in position to take good shots. Run plays to get them good shots and they'll take them.

2) Defense-The defense has actually been adequate. I and no one else should be complaining about this years defense coming off the defensive dibacal we had last year.

3) Stretch four? Is not a necessity. Bosh, Boozer, Gasol and Ibaka arent streatch fours. Those teams get by.

4) True to an extent. Now I'm not saying he's Kareem, but we did have Jordan who could have possibly given 10 min a game. MDA wasnt interested.

5) PG. Also true to an extent. We dont let the guards we do have play effectively.

6) MDA. No debate at all here...

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Gotta disagree.

1) Good shots-They're never in position to take good shots. Run plays to get them good shots and they'll take them.

2) Defense-The defense has actually been adequate. I and no one else should be complaining about this years defense coming off the defensive dibacal we had last year.

3) Stretch four? Is not a necessity. Bosh, Boozer, Gasol and Ibaka arent streatch fours. Those teams get by.

4) True to an extent. Now I'm not saying he's Kareem, but we did have Jordan who could have possibly given 10 min a game. MDA wasnt interested.

5) PG. Also true to an extent. We dont let the guards we do have play effectively.

6) MDA. No debate at all here...

Bosh isn't a stretch 4? Then I guess he's a squashed center? The reason I mentioned the stretch four issue is we have no consistent outside shooting. That was Gallo. I thought with the acquisition of Melo, we would have a good inside/outside combo with him working off of Amare. That hasn't materialized.

Ibaka isn't a stretch 4 because that's actually Durant, a 6 foot 11 power forward masquerading as a small forward.

Another Jerome Jordan mention :teeth::teeth::teeth: You don't play 4 slightly above average years at Tulsa, play 3 years in Europe if you're a 7 footer capable of playing in the NBA. He literally can't play.

Bosh isn't a stretch 4? Then I guess he's a squashed center? The reason I mentioned the stretch four issue is we have no consistent outside shooting. That was Gallo. I thought with the acquisition of Melo, we would have a good inside/outside combo with him working off of Amare. That hasn't materialized.

Ibaka isn't a stretch 4 because that's actually Durant, a 6 foot 11 power forward masquerading as a small forward.

Another Jerome Jordan mention :teeth::teeth::teeth: You don't play 4 slightly above average years at Tulsa, play 3 years in Europe if you're a 7 footer capable of playing in the NBA. He literally can't play.

Stretch 4 from my understanding (could be wrong) is someone capable of shooting a consistent 3 point shot. If you consider Bosh a stretch four you'd have to consider Garnett and STAT the same.

When you're 7 ft you dont have to be great. Just use your size. If it was any other coach besides MDA not utilizing this kid I might agree that he cant play in the league. BUT, we know how MDA views size. So I'll give the kid a chance to prove himself once MDA is fired...

Red

TYPE-A

No offense, but I feel sorry for you.

Sorry because I can see that you are so immersed and ingrained into the knick's and ball that even you can't believe its the coach. That's impossible right? To you it has to be the players huh? Thats it, it must be the players making these decisions.

Seriously you really believe that? Even after you've seen almost EVERY SINGLE PLAYER play MUCH better before and after they were on the knicks under 'antoni, you still think we struggle because we don't have the players?

After 56 different players? OMG.

Lol I'm from Lamar Odom and 50 cent's area.
Don't forget Skip to my Lou

act_rafer_alston.jpg