Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks January 20, 7:30 PM

fender0577

Rotation player
That's it, i'm going to try out for the knicks, i'm sure i can play better than Tony D.Someone give me a ride to the practice facility....anyone?

What could've been...

lebron.jpg

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm fine with D'Antoni being fired, which is inevitable, but why does everybody assume a new coach will suddenly convince Marshmelobury to start passing the ball, change his attitude, and not chuck terrible shot after terrible shot? He did this all the time in Denver and it drove George Karl crazy.

This is what hapens when fans just watch ESPN highlights.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I thought he was burdened with a team who couldn't help him be more efficient. But I realize that efficiency is a one-man thing, doesn't really have anything to do with your team. You either take good shots and make good decisions with the ball or you dont. Melo doesn't. If they traded away Melo and Amare tomoro, I wouldn't bat an eye.

According to Antoni this isn't the problem.

KingofNy

Starter
I'm fine with D'Antoni being fired, which is inevitable, but why does everybody assume a new coach will suddenly convince Marshmelobury to start passing the ball, change his attitude, and not chuck terrible shot after terrible shot? He did this all the time in Denver and it drove George Karl crazy.

This is what hapens when fans just watch ESPN highlights.

Because ANY decent NBA coach holds their players accountable for their play. The only guy D'Antoni holds accountable is Douglas and normally that's for missing a 3.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
smh....Lin is garbage....i've seen him, he can't play. so just leave it.

Jerome Jordan is a 7 footer who wasn't brought into the league as soon as he was eligible in college. That means he sucks. Big men ALWAYS get multiple opportunities in the NBA if they are serviceable. He's not.

Ok, recently agreed, but here I gotta call BS, most 7 footers outside your absolute top centers don't blume til after 25, takes them time to adjust, they dominated purely on size, but didn't have footwork and touch and all to be legit in NBA. I think JJ can be good, to say what you said is an emotional reaction I feel, you have zero evidence to support that he sucks, he looked solid in limited NBA minutes and obviously looked great in D league. Check around the league at 7 footers careers, outside Dwight and maybe Bynum, how many centers would you have been sucking off in their rookie season? Nene? Hell no. Marc Gasol? Deandre Jordan? Tyson Chandler? Jermaine O'neal? Come on, these dudes can take time. He may not make it, but pulling a "he sucks" outta your ass with no basis is not cool

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
Ok, recently agreed, but here I gotta call BS, most 7 footers outside your absolute top centers don't blume til after 25, takes them time to adjust, they dominated purely on size, but didn't have footwork and touch and all to be legit in NBA. I think JJ can be good, to say what you said is an emotional reaction I feel, you have zero evidence to support that he sucks, he looked solid in limited NBA minutes and obviously looked great in D league. Check around the league at 7 footers careers, outside Dwight and maybe Bynum, how many centers would you have been sucking off in their rookie season? Nene? Hell no. Marc Gasol? Deandre Jordan? Tyson Chandler? Jermaine O'neal? Come on, these dudes can take time. He may not make it, but pulling a "he sucks" outta your ass with no basis is not cool

other than Marc Gasol, all those other big men were 1st round picks (lottery picks at that). They were either seen in high school/Europe dominating like Tyson or went to college for year and slapped guys around there. Jerome Jordan went to Tulsa, played for FOUR years and averaged 15 and 9. That's it. Greg Oden did that as a freshman, with a busted shooting hand, and legs that weren't the same length.

Jerome Jordan is now 25, the age where you say big men are supposed to "bloom"? He can't play more than 5 minutes without getting 3 fouls. He's not good enuff to play in the NBA. it's that simple.

joegti10

Banned
Glad I got some work done and didn't bother wasting my time, knew they would get beat by the bucks.

How long does this go before dantoni gets the hook?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Because ANY decent NBA coach holds their players accountable for their play. The only guy D'Antoni holds accountable is Douglas and normally that's for missing a 3.

So you're saying George Karl is not a decent coach?

Sorry fellas, Phil Jackson couldn't fix this. Mike Woodson, who will be our coach for the rest of the year certainly can't fix this.

I would rather get the pieces that Amare, Chandler and D'Antoni can work with and make this team better and deeper than watch Woodson try and coach this team or pray for Phil Jackson to come out of retirement and pray he even wants to coach this mess.

I want the Knicks to win, that's all. I have no allegiance to players or the coach, only the Knicks.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
According to Alan Hahn, Amar'e Stoudemire put on 20 lbs of muscle over the summer. I guess that explains why he sucks this year. I don't get how a guy who averaged over 25 points per game last year would feel the need to change his weight. SMH.

And wow is Melo selfish. I think pass is not in his vocabulary.

That being said, Antoni sucks.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I second that. :beer: Lets get this guy FIRRRRREEEDD!

I bet he waits til the end of the year but honestly go get us Ron Adams and a shooting guard who can move without and the ball and knock down shots and I bet he has a Tom Thibodeau effect on us

CA7

Scoring Champ
So you're saying George Karl is not a decent coach?

Sorry fellas, Phil Jackson couldn't fix this. Mike Woodson, who will be our coach for the rest of the year certainly can't fix this.

I would rather get the pieces that Amare, Chandler and D'Antoni can work with and make this team better and deeper than watch Woodson try and coach this team or pray for Phil Jackson to come out of retirement and pray he even wants to coach this mess.

I want the Knicks to win, that's all. I have no allegiance to players or the coach, only the Knicks.

so you dont want Melo but you want STAT who's playing like shit