Milwaukee Bucks @ New York Knicks January 20, 7:30 PM

LJ4ptplay

Starter
so you dont want Melo but you want STAT who's playing like shit

I would definitely trade STAT but unfortunately I think he is untradeable. Nobody is taking his $100 mil uninsured contract. Or at least there is no way we can get the value we need for him.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I would definitely trade STAT but unfortunately I think he is untradeable. Nobody is taking his $100 mil uninsured contract. Or at least there is no way we can get the value we need for him.

Oh i get you Melo gets us more back because he at least isn't injury prone ok I thought you meant scrap Melo and keep STAT because he's the better player.

Honestly I just think we need better guards, a better coach and a better owner oh and fans who dont boo when get down I mean talk shit but you're there to encourage not discourage

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
other than Marc Gasol, all those other big men were 1st round picks (lottery picks at that). They were either seen in high school/Europe dominating like Tyson or went to college for year and slapped guys around there. Jerome Jordan went to Tulsa, played for FOUR years and averaged 15 and 9. That's it. Greg Oden did that as a freshman, with a busted shooting hand, and legs that weren't the same length.

Jerome Jordan is now 25, the age where you say big men are supposed to "bloom"? He can't play more than 5 minutes without getting 3 fouls. He's not good enuff to play in the NBA. it's that simple.

Sorry to disagree but I think you make alot of snap judgements on here, I agree with some of your posts, but to say he isn't good enough to play in the NBA at this point is silly. He may not be. I can admit he may not be. But how the hell can we know yet, he hasn't gotten a chance. They liked him in Europe, he was efficient in limited minutes for us with solid shooting and passing, I can't submit that as evidence because it was far too limited minutes to claim anything consistent, but not sure how you can say he sucks. And I am a mid major fan, there are good players that come out of there, saying he came from tulsa and not your beloved syracuse doesn't mean anything, my fav 2 su players were laurence moten and john wallace (from my town) and well... yeah... I'm not trying to hate, I just feel you can't say dude sucks just yet because there are absolutely cases of players in plenty of sports that go against what you are saying. Oden was supposed to be the next D12, so him being as good as a freshman as Jordan ever was in college is not significant. And college ball is not NBA ball, you can't just judge that shit, guys are frequently better pros that college athletes, and on the other side superstars in college that can't cut in in NBA. Adam Morrison was amazing and supposed to be the next Larry Bird. Jameer Nelson came out of the A-10 from a great team but without much excitement and has a good career, this is random, and I 100% agree that anyone can pick out cases to support any claim, I don't think my argument is any better than yours, my point is just that until the guy fails you can't really say he sucks. We all say Eddy Curry sucks, but off his debut I wouldn't be at all shocked if he was solid for Miami

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....I just don't think Jerome Jordan can play in the NBA. The NBA isn't like MLB where dudes can be in the minors until age 26, come in and have an impact or even be a star. And its not like those NFL runningbacks who sit on the practice squad (like Arian Foster or Ryan Grant or that guy the Giants had, Ward) and behind a good O-line drop 1000 yards. In the NBA, you are what you are, in my opinion.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I guess we'll have to agree to disagree....I just don't think Jerome Jordan can play in the NBA. The NBA isn't like MLB where dudes can be in the minors until age 26, come in and have an impact or even be a star. And its not like those NFL runningbacks who sit on the practice squad (like Arian Foster or Ryan Grant or that guy the Giants had, Ward) and behind a good O-line drop 1000 yards. In the NBA, you are what you are, in my opinion.

Hey that's fair enough, I have no problem with that, and I am certainly not saying I think Jordan will be a star cuz I don't, but I wouldn't be shocked to see him be a serviceable backup. Actually gained respect for you, love to have reasonable conversations about disagreements, too often lately in life people can't disagree but have a decent conversation about it. At least I am sure we agree that shit needs to improve!!!

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Still waiting for "Fire Dantoni" chants to rain down in the Garden.. Tomorrow may be the night.

Agree that is we are behind double digits tomorrow it may very well be the night. At this point, other than the fact that others mentioned we often play better against solid teams than ass teams, I can't see much reason for optimism tomorrow

CuseGirl

Benchwarmer
I think fans have been grasping at straws for so long with this team, they thought they were going to will 20 good minutes out of Jerome Jordan lollll

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
Oh ease up, you are way misunderstanding if you think I am saying that. I've followed this team forever and always been reasonable, I never say 20 good minutes, but JJ should have gotten 6-10 minutes off bench in my opinion. If you hate you can hate, but I would also think many of you underrate the importance of role players too

iSaYughh

Starter
Very ugly.

I wouldn't be surprised if we see a major roster change soon.

ie, Mike Bibby starting at point, alongside Shump at SG, and both getting the lion's share of minutes for the backcourt.

We are seeing two "superstars" who are either volume scorers and/or need the offense to flow through their game.

Tough.

They are simply a terrible, terrible pair. Unless you have a free flow, up tempo offense running the team, and there is a starting PG on the team (not exactly crazy needs).

The concerns most had about them playing together, was assuaged and countered by us running just the type of offense, highlighted by well-coached PG play, that we are the current antithesis of.

People slagged a lot on Bosh -- ppl still do -- but you can see how he was able to mold his game around the team in MIA. Ya, Amare is "better"..I gues, if you want to quantify it like who is more talented and 1 on 1 superior.

You'll notice in MIA, as well, that if Wade has a night that isn't STATistically glorious...and Lebron (or Bosh) are doing the heavy lifting....Wade still manages to be efficient, play D, and get his key assists/rebounds/steals etc. in.

Likewise for Bosh and Bron. It's rare one of them, or two of them, truly shit the bed -- even if they are taking a backseat in scoring and such -- and just self-destruct an entire performance (and game) away.

CoolClyde

well, this thread devolved into a Jerry Jordan discussion, shows how bad this game was.

some highlights: Clyde and Bernie King pairing up for an enlightening color commentary, pointing out all the Knicks faults throughout the game, pretty much how to play the game of basketball, not just players sucking. this is a subtle way of saying Antoni can't coach what he's got.

Antoni yelling at TD. I don't think any other coach yells at his players, I see them discussing how to play, make plays and encouraging players. Same thing happened with N8 the gr8, Antoni yelling until N8 was gone.

Melo fouling like a b*tch, just no reason for it, total bad attitude that makes it's way from the game onto the team. He may be a phenomenal shooter, but he's a sh*tty player.

Fields playing better. why he got taken out for long stretch is beyond me. oh yeah, Antoni substitution madness.

Girafferies...long neck. no offense. the man is one highlight per night, and then NOTHING.

BRANDON JENNINGS. the man Knicks management passed on for Jordan Hill (they also passed on Ty Lawson). making the Knicks pay and pay and pay and pay. what a joke, this is exactly what the Knicks have needed for the past... how many years? Felton came close to getting a true PG and he gets traded away with nothing in return as far as PG. and what have Knicks done about it?

these games are making me very sick of the whole Knicks organization. I like the players we have, but without a solid PG, we have nothing. Baron von Davis, aging and aching, is not the answer. aging Mike Booby is not the answer. Imon Shumpervert is not the answer. Toney Douglas...? hahaha. we need some BRAINS in this organization, starting at the top. D'ohlan's got to go. he's an imbecile. he doesn't see what's going on here? F*ck Antoni and his entire crew of idiots! clean out the organization! just do it!

Eli, take me away!

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
There are three positive things I've seen in this game:

- the commentating trio of Dedes, Clyde and Kings is good,
- there is some growing chemistry between Shump and Landry,
- there were plenty of "fire D'Antoni" chants.

Rest of the story is known to us all, STAT's struggling, Melo's bricking, Shump's lost etc. etc. At least we have Fields back.

Right now I'm about to start making my Nuggets @ Knicks thread and maybe that's the game where our losing streak stops.

Great game by Brandon Jennings, very good player.

Thanks to the Bucks for providing some entertaining basketball, haven't seen that in a pretty long time. Atleast it was enjoyable to watch a KNicks game again, thanks to the Bucks.

KingofNy

Starter
So you're saying George Karl is not a decent coach?

Sorry fellas, Phil Jackson couldn't fix this. Mike Woodson, who will be our coach for the rest of the year certainly can't fix this.

I would rather get the pieces that Amare, Chandler and D'Antoni can work with and make this team better and deeper than watch Woodson try and coach this team or pray for Phil Jackson to come out of retirement and pray he even wants to coach this mess.

I want the Knicks to win, that's all. I have no allegiance to players or the coach, only the Knicks.

Where did you get that I don't like George Karl? He's an AWESOME coach!

NY doesn't need a big name coach to be good. We just need a coach that has defensive fundamentals and one that isn't scared to stand up to his players/stars and get them to run whatever offense he runs and BELIEVE in his system. Since Melo arrived and D'Antoni switched to the half-court to acclimate, this team has done nothing but SUCK!

D'Antoni is not the right coach for this team, sorry but that's REAL TALK! He needs to coach a team full of point guards and have them run and gun for him to make the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st/2nd round. His Run&Gun style could never win Championships, his half-court offenses don't make the PLAYOFFS!

CA7

Scoring Champ
Where did you get that I don't like George Karl? He's an AWESOME coach!

NY doesn't need a big name coach to be good. We just need a coach that has defensive fundamentals and one that isn't scared to stand up to his players/stars and get them to run whatever offense he runs. Since Melo arrived and D'Antoni switched to the half-court to acclimate, this team has done nothing but SUCK!

D'Antoni is not the right coach for this team, sorry but that's REAL TALK! He needs to coach a team full of point guards and have them run and gun for him to make the playoffs and get bounced in the 1st/2nd round. His Run&Gun style could never win Championships, his half-court offenses don't make the PLAYOFFS!

Ron Adams is the perfect coach for this team