Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks 01.21 7:30PM

mafra

Legend
Every time we loss the excuse is because we didn't shoot well. That's a bullcrap excuse. We lost because D'Antoni mismanaged his roster throughout the game.

Everyone and their momma knows Melo was off and after EVERY D'Antoni timeout, the playcall is to have a triple teamed Melo chuck it up. From benching a hot Walker for the ENTIRE game to not getting the ball to Stat in TWO OVERTIMES, to running Jeffries and Douglas in overtime over our starters. COME ON MAN... REALLY?

Dolan better fire D'antoni now, this is getting ridiculous! I'd rather watch paint dry.

Cannot argue with this

CA7

Scoring Champ
STAT's tech
Millers shitty 3
Fat Al hitting everything
Douglas and Jeffries being in the game
Melo settling for the jumpers when he should of been driving
Fields losing his aggressiveness
Shumpert no being in the game
STAT not demanding the ball
Jorts and Walker not getting more minutes
Novak sitting we need a guy to stretch the floor
MDA drawing up dumb plays
MDA not making adjustments like putting Balkman on Gallinari
Constantly switching picks
Not setting Melo and STAT up for easy shots
No rebounding as a team
Bad TO's
Crowd booing then cheering then booing then cheering
Missed FT's
Bad calls my refs

so many things

mafra

Legend
Bro give him a break. MDA and STAT deserve just as much blame as Melo, if not more. How are you not going to shoot 30 times when your whole team is scared to shoot and your fellow all star is lost.

STAT and MDA deserve all the blame as well.

But Carmelo forced NY to gut the roster b/c he didn;t want to lose 2-3 mil per year. he shoulders the burden here. Sorry. Just the way it is. Knicks are like ten under .500 since we traded for him.

The TEAM played great tonight. Carmelo was lousy. If you take 30 shots... I hope you would hit a few. Even the shot at end of OT was bad bball. PASS it. Drive it. Gallo owned him at MSG... again.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Is the Carmelo Anthony trade going to be an event that signifies the decline of a Knicks team that looked like it had potential?

Carmelo is a good scorer but my goodness this guy is a ballhog who never passes the ball. How many times did STAT screen and roll off his man, hoping that Melo would pass it to him? I counted five times in the first overtime alone when STAT was trying to run a pick and roll.

Freaking Melo instead things the best idea is to get into a triple team. Honestly, if I could do it again, I would rather trade for D-Will than for Melo...Melo is a good player but his style of play messes with the rest of the team.

CoolClyde

the best part of this game was sharing it with my fellow KO posters, first time i've watched game and posted.
usually i watch on tape. a fine game to watch, unfortunate end, but very intense.

how many games will Knicks lose before Antoni is fired? It's time, fender!
time for someone other than Knicks broadcasters to point out there's a problem on this team that starts with the coach, the plays, the substitutions, the overtime, the end of game defense, the weak offens, the living and dying by the constant ISO's or 3's or lack of ball movement! if you can't get the ball to your $100million superstar, who you gonna blame? FIRE PRINGLES!

WAIT!

CA7

Scoring Champ
As his biggest fan Melo really has to pick his spots better, I'm being honest when he gets into the paint and forces the defense to collapse and kicks it out he's fine, when he gets into the paint and uses that pump fake and shoots or draws the foul he's fine but when he goes 2 dribble pull up he's forcing it, shooting with 2 guys in front of him forcing it. If we had a real coach he'd bring him into the film room and show him what I'm talking about. George Karl knew how to use Melo and would make sure he played the way Karl wanted him to. MDA is a bitch and has no balls

mafra

Legend
Is the Carmelo Anthony trade going to be an event that signifies the decline of a Knicks team that looked like it had potential?

Carmelo is a good scorer but my goodness this guy is a ballhog who never passes the ball. How many times did STAT screen and roll off his man, hoping that Melo would pass it to him? I counted five times in the first overtime alone when STAT was trying to run a pick and roll.

Freaking Melo instead things the best idea is to get into a triple team. Honestly, if I could do it again, I would rather trade for D-Will than for Melo...Melo is a good player but his style of play messes with the rest of the team.

Carmelo doesn't hate to lose... he's content being a millionaire max player. He's just not good enough a player. He can score, but that's it. His points come at the sacrifice of his teammates.

Look at DEN since he left.

CA7

Scoring Champ

dude he leads the team in assist if you seen my post before this I said he should really pick his spots better and attack more, he's no selfish he passes when guys are open its when guys stand still he does dumb shit, he has to force the movement by driving into the paint

LeFlume

All Star
Carmelo doesn't hate to lose... he's content being a millionaire max player. He's just not good enough a player. He can score, but that's it. His points come at the sacrifice of his teammates.

Look at DEN since he left.

and Billups left.Melo was not the only one...

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think it all still boils down to the coaching...but the fact that this team has been unable to get STAT some good looks is really sad.

mafra

Legend
dude he leads the team in assist if you seen my post before this I said he should really pick his spots better and attack more, he's no selfish he passes when guys are open its when guys stand still he does dumb shit, he has to force the movement by driving into the paint

5 assists in 45 minutes, and he dominated the ball.

Dude plays with his head down. Has ZERO court vision. He missed 20 shots & had 6 TO. Of his 10 makes, 5 of them were forced, contested shots.

NO WAY he played a good game.

We need a PG. The ball should only be kicked out to Carmelo with about 8 seconds on clock.

Running the offense thru 'Melo is like having a crack addict work in a pharmacy.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Antoni just said one of his problems is setting people up. There you have if folks!

This was a response to a question about amare's lack of fg attempts.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I honestly wanna know why everyone is blaming Melo....is it because he's our best player like if we won tonight would it be because of him or what I'm confused

KingofNy

Starter
Now its time to watch MSG announcers to blame the players.... F**k you alan hahn for selling out. Also Stop talking to players on the other team. MSG is not NBA tv we don't want to hear from the bald chucker.

Alan Hahn told a reporter from the NY times on twitter that he better stop talking bad about D'Antoni or he'd never get a job at MSG. LOL He's a b*tch. He's more like public relations for the Knicks than he is a reporter. If you want real news, don't follow him.

mafra

Legend
I think it all still boils down to the coaching...but the fact that this team has been unable to get STAT some good looks is really sad.

I think it boils down to the owner. The one constant since late 90s is this chump. Ever since daddy gave him the keys, the Knicks have been the worst franchise in organized sports.

Why am I even surprised?

He's a fool. Made another foolish decision to force Walsh to make the trade.

CA7

Scoring Champ
5 assists in 45 minutes, and he dominated the ball.

Dude plays with his head down. Has ZERO court vision. He missed 20 shots & had 6 TO. Of his 10 makes, 5 of them were forced, contested shots.

NO WAY he played a good game.

We need a PG. The ball should only be kicked out to Carmelo with about 8 seconds on clock.

Running the offense thru 'Melo is like having a crack addict work in a pharmacy.

I never said he played great but he came alive when we needed him most, but dont blame him for his shots, D'Antoni sets that shit up not him, his assist were all great passes, you cant blame him if his shots aren't falling, then why is the coach calling for him to shoot them. Honestly I'd rather Melo sit if he's off but thats the coaches decision. Its just a shame that guys blame Melo for shooting the ball when thats what he's brought here to do.