Denver Nuggets @ New York Knicks 01.21 7:30PM

fender0577

Rotation player
I think it boils down to the owner. The one constant since late 90s is this chump. Ever since daddy gave him the keys, the Knicks have been the worst franchise in organized sports.
Yup, but is he really that that dumb?Rhetorical question.

mafra

Legend
I honestly wanna know why everyone is blaming Melo....is it because he's our best player like if we won tonight would it be because of him or what I'm confused

Bottom line: He's 1-7 from 3. He's not a 3-point shooter. Taking way too many. We were about to win this game at end of 1st OT, but Carmelo wanted to play hero... he hosited a 3 early in shot clock.

This is definition of selfish.

Stop chucking 3s and get to FT line.

Gallo OWNED him tonight. 19 shots and 35 points.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I think it boils down to the owner. The one constant since late 90s is this chump. Ever since daddy gave him the keys, the Knicks have been the worst franchise in organized sports.

Why am I even surprised?

He's a fool. Made another foolish decision to force Walsh to make the trade.

Kill all the owner excuses. Everyone here thought we'd be better this year and sadly we are not. It's stupid to keep going back and blaming a trade. If that's the case lets blame the Ewing trade instead of letting his contract expire.

mafra

Legend
I never said he played great but he came alive when we needed him most, but dont blame him for his shots, D'Antoni sets that shit up not him, his assist were all great passes, you cant blame him if his shots aren't falling, then why is the coach calling for him to shoot them. Honestly I'd rather Melo sit if he's off but thats the coaches decision. Its just a shame that guys blame Melo for shooting the ball when thats what he's brought here to do.

Carmelo looks like he's one of those players who would rather lose taking the final shot himself than win by passing to another player.

Carmelo came alive b/c, in his desperation in the 4th, he took it to the rim. Then, he got cute. Carmelo is a LAZY player. Doesn't want to work for his points.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Bottom line: He's 1-7 from 3. He's not a 3-point shooter. Taking way too many. We were about to win this game at end of 1st OT, but Carmelo wanted to play hero... he hosited a 3 early in shot clock.

This is definition of selfish.

Stop chucking 3s and get to FT line.

Gallo OWNED him tonight. 19 shots and 35 points.

Stat get no blame for being a lame duck? He seemed disinterested.

KingofNy

Starter
STAT's tech
Millers shitty 3
Fat Al hitting everything
Douglas and Jeffries being in the game
Melo settling for the jumpers when he should of been driving
Fields losing his aggressiveness
Shumpert no being in the game
STAT not demanding the ball
Knicks not driving when their shots are off
Live and die by three and long 2's instead of getting fouled and going to the line
D'Antoni benches a HOT Walker for the entire second half/2 OT
Jorts and Walker not getting more minutes
Novak sitting we need a guy to stretch the floor
MDA drawing up dumb plays
MDA not making adjustments like putting Balkman on Gallinari
Constantly switching picks
Not setting Melo and STAT up for easy shots
No rebounding as a team
Bad TO's
Crowd booing then cheering then booing then cheering
Missed FT's
Bad calls my refs

so many things

You forgot some others:

Refs missed the ball going out of bounds before Miller's 3 dagger
Bullsh*t charging call against fields, should of been and-1
Leaving the corner 3 open all game every game
No plays for Stat
Drawn up Iso's to Melo after every timeout
Jared Jeffries
Jared Jeffries
Jeffries getting 25+ minutes
Douglas getting 25+ minutes
Jared Jeffries
Knicks not running in 2nd half
D'Antoni not even knowing who's in foul trouble
D'Antoni not knowing stats about game after game
Jared Jeffries?
Drawing plays up to shoot a 3 when we only need 1.
Did I mention Jared Jeffries?

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo looks like he's one of those players who would rather lose taking the final shot himself than win by passing to another player.

Carmelo came alive b/c, in his desperation in the 4th, he took it to the rim. Then, he got cute. Carmelo is a LAZY player. Doesn't want to work for his points.

I agree he should drive more but you cant say without him we aren't close to winning matter fact without him we only win 2 games this year

KingofNy

Starter

They weren't calling plays to get him the ball. Our offense and our playcaller is like a broken record. We've been running the same plays EVERY SINGLE GAME this season and Stat has sucked in almost every game. Coincidence? A better point guard isn't fixing sh*t. Sad but unfortunately true.

mafra

Legend
Kill all the owner excuses. Everyone here thought we'd be better this year and sadly we are not. It's stupid to keep going back and blaming a trade. If that's the case lets blame the Ewing trade instead of letting his contract expire.

Knew the Ewing trade was a disaster, when rumors of such a move began to surface from the bandwagon SPREE crowd.

mafra

Legend

STAT is a chump, but Carmelo forced NY to gut team. If he told DEn I wont sign extension anywhere but NY... waited for free agency... We would be a title-worthy team.

He wanted his $$$$, he wanted to get paid more than he wanted to win.

He owes us more than Stoudemire.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean, STAT did not play great, but at least he didn't shoot us out of this game. He rebounded and played OK defense down the stretch.

Melo on the other hand shot us out of this game. Is it the coach or is it Melo? Who knows, but this shit is getting old.

CA7

Scoring Champ
STAT is a chump, but Carmelo forced NY to gut team. If he told DEn I wont sign extension anywhere but NY... waited for free agency... We would be a title-worthy team.

He wanted his $$$$, he wanted to get paid more than he wanted to win.

He owes us more than Stoudemire.

At the end of the day Melo and Denver and the whole world knew he'd end up in New York, but Dolan wanted to make the trade so its not Melo's fault he did all he could, the constant New York media hyping up the potential trade and fans asking for him did this. But remember he comes that means no Wilson Chandler, no Tyson Chandler, no Iman Shumpert

mafra

Legend
At the end of the day Melo and Denver and the whole world knew he'd end up in New York, but Dolan wanted to make the trade so its not Melo's fault he did all he could, the constant New York media hyping up the potential trade and fans asking for him did this. But remember he comes that means no Wilson Chandler, no Tyson Chandler, no Iman Shumpert

Word is NYK asked Carmelo if he would wait, but CA said if NYK didn't make a move he would accept NYJ's overtures and agree to an extension w/ the NETS.

Dolan then... With his keen business mind, decided there would be no bluffing or playing chicken. He asked DEn what they wanted. They asked for everything. He gave them everything.

Carmelo chose between 2 things:

1) Go to NY and have a supporting cast but leave about 10 mil on table potentially.

2) Get paid. Get 100 mil instead of 90 mil (or something) but have zero supporting cast.

He opted for the cash. He probably thought he was so good, that the depth wouldn't matter. Or maybe he didn't care.

Anyway, the moment he let NY know it was trade or else... he was saying that he wont risk it and wait for free agency. He wanted CASH over titles.

I am sorry. being good and losing in the 1st round is worse than being lousy.

You never improve that way, and are stuck in NBA limbo.

This is why he shoulders the burden. He put us in this position.

I bet now he wishes he just waited until free agency

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
**** that.

We should've let him go to the Nets and traded for Deron. I had that thought at the back of my head...but I was hoping that Carmelo would prove me wrong by playing amazingly.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Word is NYK asked Carmelo if he would wait, but CA said if NYK didn't make a move he would accept NYJ's overtures and agree to an extension w/ the NETS.

Dolan then... With his keen business mind, decided there would be no bluffing or playing chicken. He asked DEn what they wanted. They asked for everything. He gave them everything.

Carmelo chose between 2 things:

1) Go to NY and have a supporting cast but leave about 10 mil on table potentially.

2) Get paid. Get 100 mil instead of 90 mil (or something) but have zero supporting cast.

He opted for the cash. He probably thought he was so good, that the depth wouldn't matter. Or maybe he didn't care.

Anyway, the moment he let NY know it was trade or else... he was saying that he wont risk it and wait for free agency. He wanted CASH over titles.

I am sorry. being good and losing in the 1st round is worse than being lousy.

You never improve that way, and are stuck in NBA limbo.

This is why he shoulders the burden. He put us in this position.

I bet now he wishes he just waited until free agency

Thats B.S. Prokorov came out and said like 2 days before the trade they had no interest in trading for Carmelo Anthony

Donnie Walsh sent a proposal of a pick, Fat Curry's expiring deal, Anthony Randolph and either Chandler/Gallinari/Fields just one.

When Denver rejeced Walsh said that was his final offer.

After the All-Star game Dolan forced Donnie's hand and said whatever they want make it happen because he knew the team was playoff bound and wanted to make money.

If Dolan had a basketball mind he would have known to wait but Donnie had his hands tied. Melo couldn't come out and say I'm only going to sign in New York as that is tampering so he had to be quiet about it which is why guys think he didn't use as much leverage as possible.

I also blame Melo's former agent who convinced him to take a 5yr deal with a 4th year opt out clause instead of the same deal LBJ, Wade and Bosh Spice took he would of been a FA in 2010 if he did that and him, STAT and possibly Raymond Felton still would have came then.

This team is 1 off-season from being complete hopefully Amar'e's body hold up

mafra

Legend
Thats B.S. Prokorov came out and said like 2 days before the trade they had no interest in trading for Carmelo Anthony

Donnie Walsh sent a proposal of a pick, Fat Curry's expiring deal, Anthony Randolph and either Chandler/Gallinari/Fields just one.

When Denver rejeced Walsh said that was his final offer.

After the All-Star game Dolan forced Donnie's hand and said whatever they want make it happen because he knew the team was playoff bound and wanted to make money.

If Dolan had a basketball mind he would have known to wait but Donnie had his hands tied. Melo couldn't come out and say I'm only going to sign in New York as that is tampering so he had to be quiet about it which is why guys think he didn't use as much leverage as possible.

I also blame Melo's former agent who convinced him to take a 5yr deal with a 4th year opt out clause instead of the same deal LBJ, Wade and Bosh Spice took he would of been a FA in 2010 if he did that and him, STAT and possibly Raymond Felton still would have came then.

This team is 1 off-season from being complete hopefully Amar'e's body hold up

There's no way we make THAT deal unless Melo hinted he would go to NJ instead of waiting for free agency.