D?Antoni not solely to blame for Knicks mess

fender0577

Rotation player
You can't argue with SSOL defenders. Since when is it smart to rely on, and base an offense on, the lowest pct shot imagineable. Quality always trumps quantity. It's not about theiry... it's about what's practical.

Sure, a dollar and a dream is a great investment if you win lottery, but most people need to work hard & invest smartly if they want to earn a living.
Dude, i see what your saying, they are really crazy, but i'm done.

Paul1355

All Star
Anyone can coach this team better.

Mike Woodson wouldn't get us far because if he is our defensive coach then i don't see a huge improvement. We need a whole new staff.

The Mike D experiment has failed.

iSaYughh

Starter
You can't argue with SSOL defenders. Since when is it smart to rely on, and base an offense on, the lowest pct shot imagineable. Quality always trumps quantity. It's not about theiry... it's about what's practical.

Sure, a dollar and a dream is a great investment if you win lottery, but most people need to work hard & invest smartly if they want to earn a living.

I stumbled here bc I noticed that KingofNY neg repped me (lul).

But I have to respond to this.

You are looking at the 3 (and SSOL) wayyyyyy too simplistically.

1) It keeps defenses honest and spreads the flow. It has positive ramifications besides the % of the shot itself.

2) Most importantly: you are just incorrect in stating it is not a quality shot. In fact, the corner 3 is the most quality and efficient shots in basketball.

I'll say that again: the corner 3 is perhaps the most quality shot in the NBA, that carries the highest "point rate"/"win rate" for a shot.

It's %, which may be "lower" than a non-3, doesn't matter; it's a logical fallacy to assume it is not a quality shot because of that.

I'll close with something I've said more and more regarding the analysis people (generally speaking, not everyone) who are against MDA, with those who support him:

Old-School Baseball Analysis vs Moneyball-style analysis.

Right down the climate of hatred and group-fervor that exploded against Moneyball.

SSOL also isn't necessarily predicated upon the 3. Moreso, it is about spacing and timing, speed and flow.

Having some people with range is definitely important (when is that not for a team?).

But actually, the freedom to take the 3 -- and the reason it then is a frequent shot in a well-run SSOL team -- is because the SSOL style creates great 3 pt taking opportunities.

So going back to my previous point about what a quality, winning shot the 3 can be.....