D?Antoni not solely to blame for Knicks mess

KBlack25

Starter
And if you wanna ref, he came at me first saying do you know anything about the league, and why did i waste your my time writing what u wrote, read the whole thread before you jump off sides.

Hey curse at each other all you want. But don't call the other person rude and then proceed to do basically the same thing. That's what we call hypocrisy. He didn't complain about you cursing and then proceed to insult you.

fender0577

Rotation player
Hey curse at each other all you want. But don't call the other person rude and then proceed to do basically the same thing. That's what we call hypocrisy. He didn't complain about you cursing and then proceed to insult you.
Did you read this whole thread?, i DID NOT INSULT THAT MAN, until he insulted me.I gave my opinion he proceeds to say i didn't know anything about the game, and so on.Man forget it.

KBlack25

Starter
Did you read this whole thread?, i DID NOT INSULT THAT MAN, until he insulted me.I gave my opinion he proceeds to say i didn't know anything about the game, and so on.Man forget it.

Right. And then you called him rude. And then you went to his level. How do you not see the irony?

KBlack25

Starter
All i see is you coming at me, and i didn't even quote u, that's the irony i see bro.It's all good man.

LOL I didn't come at you. Just pointing out that if you are going to call somebody rude it's probably not effective if you proceed to curse at him.

fender0577

Rotation player
LOL I didn't come at you. Just pointing out that if you are going to call somebody rude it's probably not effective if you proceed to curse at him.
So what would you have me say, if someone basically said to me you don't know anything about the game, and why did you waste your time post your OPINION.

KBlack25

Starter
So what would you have me say, if someone basically said to me you don't know anything about the game, and why did you waste your time post your OPINION.

Call him rude and then proceed to calmly explain your point without cursing and using 5 exclamation points after several sentences.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
How fast people forget.

Wilson Chandler wouldn't be on the Knicks unless he took a paycut.

Gallinari was inconsistent, still is.

Mozgov? We have Tyson Chandler.

Felton? Was not playing good after two months. REMEMBER? Even if it was D'Antoni's fault for playing him that much, the fact remains he was not playing that good, and maybe it wouldn't have mattered one way or another the amount he played him.

If it wasn't for the new CBA, we'd have Billups, Melo, Amar'e. When healthy they were good, and with an off-season and practice camp, they would have been better.

That didn't happen, we got an amnesty to use, we used it on Billups, and got the rare and highly sought after good defensive center. Our backcourt is bad now, but we have Shumpert who seems to be a two-way player with a lot of upside, Baron Davis coming back soon whom we only spent the vet. min. on, power forward-wise Kenyon Martin might be joining us whom would make our bench and entire team tougher, andddddddddddddddddd

we have the MLE to spend next season.

Our situation is great for building a deep team. We have been terrible, but depth is not far away.

Could we have won a couple of games or so in the Playoffs last season if we didn't make a trade? I think so. Could we have BEATEN the Celtics if Amar'e, Billups, and Melo were all healthy? I think so.

Oh, yeah, we also got Anthony Carter in that Melo trade, tough and very skilled player on both ends of the court. We should bring him back.

Actually, next off-season:

Anthony Carter - vet. min.
Ronny Turiaf less than MLE (I think he's on less than MLE now, so we might be able to)

AC could START on our team, but if we bring Davis back, he'd be a great back-up.

Turiaf....back-up C, PF...having him and Tyson, yeah, that'd be damn good.

Let's also not forget we couldn't have predicted Fields slump, and hey, he's been getting out of it the last two games. We kept him for his IQ, off-the-ball play, and hustle. If he's back into the groove, then we're another step closer to being deep.

If you think we made the wrong decisions in the drafts, hate the reason why we made the Melo trade, etc., fine, but do NOT forget how this team was actually playing before the trade.

Last edited:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
There is no reason to be rude,and have you not been watching the knicks this season?STAT and Melo are all-star caliber players, who can seem to find any kind of open shots in this "offensive genus" system.So your saying one of those Space Jam characters stole there talent over night,and what system!!!All i see is Iso, is everyone standing on the 3point line watching the ball."It takes time to get the spacing and movement right" what are you talking about, there is in **cking movement, thats the problem.Have you actually been watching the knicks off the ball, there like **cking Statues.Nash offense is proven, not antonis.

Its very clear you don't understand the offense we run. Ive explained what's involved many times. Refer to my posts and the post of others w an inkling. The players are responsible for understanding where the ball needs to move and committing to executing, along w maintaing the spacing n not settling for isos constently or when the O breaks down. I cant keep arguing w you because it is clear that your knowledge base is just not there. Its a waste of my time. Read up on 7 seconds or less offense please. There's alot of stuff floating about the Internet for you to refer to. Good day.

fender0577

Rotation player
Its very clear you don't understand the offense we run. Ive explained what's involved many times. Refer to my posts and the post of others w an inkling. The players are responsible for understanding where the ball needs to move and committing to executing, along w maintaing the spacing n not settling for isos constently or when the O breaks down. I cant keep arguing w you because it is clear that your knowledge base is just not there. Its a waste of my time. Read up on 7 seconds or less offense please. There's alot of stuff floating about the Internet for you to refer to. Good day.
You keep saying the offense we run, but were aren't running it, and he holds no one accountable, he just sits there like he's giving up.The players see him doing this and they do the same thing, that's my problem with this coach.

KingofNy

Starter
Anyone's who's claiming MDA isn't the problem doesn't understand basketball or how plays are run.

Check out this article, it's pretty good and goes into the real problems that we Knicks fans face under D'Antoni.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/21/s...-as-losing-streak-hits-5.html?_r=1&ref=sports

"After three straight losses at home, two of them against sub-.500 teams, it may be time to wonder if D’Antoni has a lifeline."

Meanwhile, the Knicks (20-23 since the trade) risk becoming a cautionary tale: the dysfunctional family led by a stubborn father (James L. Dolan, the Garden’s chairman) who traded his inheritance for a house that wasn’t built yet.

Also, here's another article saying tonight could be Antoni's last game as a Knick.

http://www.sheridanhoops.com/2012/01/21/tonights-best-game-denver-at-new-york/

iSaYughh

Starter
^^ Are you kidding me?

Those articles say *nothing*! Like, *nothing*. These are the articles that back up all this "backetball knowledge" and nuance into how offenses are run, and systems are run?

I'm sorry. But, :teeth:everywhere.

Those articles are just tell-nothing superfialities, and statements about the ultimate wet dream for MDA haters -- "if we lose to Denver, surely Dolan will fire MDA".

If anything, the articles actually *touch* upon an actual discussion which would support MDA -- which is STAT being at his best in an up tempo, free flowing offensive system, with a decent starting PG who can be molded to play in such an environment.

Kinda like how STAT became a lock all-star player, even with injuries, being groomed outta highschool by MDA; and how MDA took an ok starter and made him an all-star level player in Felton, and took a middle of the road all-star in Nash, and made him a multi-MVP and lock HOF'er. Not to mention the other talents who *flourished* under MDA, as his sytem went to work....Not unlike how it was already taking hold last year.

Those articles don't say anything, though. It's just more of the same ol' mantra and chanting that's overspewing in this forum. Except it's bundled in a weak, watered down, journalistic package.

Look, I guess if this is type of knowledge, and depth of analysis, you base your opinions on; which is clearly is, as aside from these articles, it's basically on the same plane with what 90+% of anti-MDA people say over and over again anyways....

Then yes, you are all absolutely right about MDA, and there is nothing that can be said -- or done -- that can pierce that bubble and shake that perspective.

Outside of maybe a championship. But we all know that won't do it, either. As the following year if there are problems or we fell short of a repeat, we surely know where the blame would lie.

The farce of the anti-MDA movement is almost identical in its core to the anti-Gallo movement that paraded around here for so long. It's just mushroomed with MDA, and there's much more wiggle room for logical fallacies and misinformation and false perspective with coaches than players.

KingofNy

Starter
^^ Are you kidding me?

Those articles say *nothing*! Like, *nothing*. These are the articles that back up all this "backetball knowledge" and nuance into how offenses are run, and systems are run?

I'm sorry. But, :teeth:everywhere.

Those articles are just tell-nothing superfialities, and statements about the ultimate wet dream for MDA haters -- "if we lose to Denver, surely Dolan will fire MDA".

If anything, the articles actually *touch* upon an actual discussion which would support MDA -- which is STAT being at his best in an up tempo, free flowing offensive system, with a decent starting PG who can be molded to play in such an environment.

Kinda like how STAT became a lock all-star player, even with injuries, being groomed outta highschool by MDA; and how MDA took an ok starter and made him an all-star level player in Felton, and took a middle of the road all-star in Nash, and made him a multi-MVP and lock HOF'er. Not to mention the other talents who *flourished* under MDA, as his sytem went to work....Not unlike how it was already taking hold last year.

Those articles don't say anything, though. It's just more of the same ol' mantra and chanting that's overspewing in this forum. Except it's bundled in a weak, watered down, journalistic package.

Look, I guess if this is type of knowledge, and depth of analysis, you base your opinions on; which is clearly is, as aside from these articles, it's basically on the same plane with what 90+% of anti-MDA people say over and over again anyways....

Then yes, you are all absolutely right about MDA, and there is nothing that can be said -- or done -- that can pierce that bubble and shake that perspective.

Outside of maybe a championship. But we all know that won't do it, either. As the following year if there are problems or we fell short of a repeat, we surely know where the blame would lie.

The farce of the anti-MDA movement is almost identical in its core to the anti-Gallo movement that paraded around here for so long. It's just mushroomed with MDA, and there's much more wiggle room for logical fallacies and misinformation and false perspective with coaches than players.

Say whatever you want, MDA is most likely going to be gone after tonight's loss... Watch and see.

You've been all over D'Antoni's nuts for years now and you've been dead wrong. I'm just posting the stories I see off of twitter. I'm not going to go into the same issues on every single thread supporting the thousands of reasons it's way past time for MDA to go. I know you're pussy hurts, but calm down bro, it's gonna be alright. :cool:

fender0577

Rotation player
Why can't people just except this guy is not a good coach, he doesn't pass the eye ball test.Just watch him on the sideline when were good or bad, he looks clueless, i'm sorry.

mafra

Legend
It's simple really: If the offense is too complicated for this team, then why bother running it?

D'antoni got a taste for their talents last season. He had the entire lockout to devise some simplified offensive scheme to amplify his players' talents.

Granted: He was hoping players like Fields & Douglas would improve (not go backwards).

STILL...

Did DENVER try to make Tebow fit the Orton offense? NO WAY. On the fly, they crafted an offense Tebow could succeed in. It's called coaching.

Simply the SSOL for this season. Maybe slowly getting more sophisticated. Fully implement the offense next year, with a complete camp & a new PG.

ALSO... Coach has to pull the rookie on some nights when he's shooting 19 shots. Come on, right.

Plus, NYK is about 2nd in 3-point shot attempts, & like 25th in 3-point makes. Why are we forcing those shots when we do not have shooters?

Still, I think a lot of the blame goes on Amar'e Stoudemire. He looks like half of what he was last season. No fire. No heart. No kicking & throwing things in the locker room.

I also blame Douglas-Fields. Did they even practice in the offseason? At least TD was returning from an injury. What's LF's excuse?

Finally, this 5-game losing streak is atrributed to 'Melo's poor shooting. A slightly more efficient CA & we're probably 3-2. He gets a sorta pass b/c the slump came when he injured his wrist.

We'll see where this team is headed. If they miss playoffs, or end up with 7-8 seed and get blown out of the gym by MIA or CHI in the 1st round... DISASTER folks.

We can only hope Baron Davis returns and gets things going, the team stats to gel, we add a piece before the deadline, and get the 4-6 seed. Win a 1st round and then battle in the 2nd round.

I think tonight vs DEN will be the turnaround.

iSaYughh

Starter
Say whatever you want, MDA is most likely going to be gone after tonight's loss... Watch and see.

You've been all over D'Antoni's nuts for years now and you've been dead wrong. I'm just posting the stories I see off of twitter. I'm not going to go into the same issues on every single thread supporting the thousands of reasons it's way past time for MDA to go. I know you're pussy hurts, but calm down bro, it's gonna be alright. :cool:

I ain't the one bleeding over this forum almost every day like I got a 24/7 menstrual cycle, bro....

You act like Coach D'antoni banged and impegranted your mother. Which would at least explain how emo you are on here.

Truthfully, your raging hard-on for MDA is the only shred of masculinity you display.

Keep shaking your pom poms, tho; insofar as occasionally laughing at you and swatting down some of your more painfully inaccurate statements, I couldn't care less.

mafra

Legend
You keep saying the offense we run, but were aren't running it, and he holds no one accountable, he just sits there like he's giving up.The players see him doing this and they do the same thing, that's my problem with this coach.

You can't argue with SSOL defenders. Since when is it smart to rely on, and base an offense on, the lowest pct shot imagineable. Quality always trumps quantity. It's not about theiry... it's about what's practical.

Sure, a dollar and a dream is a great investment if you win lottery, but most people need to work hard & invest smartly if they want to earn a living.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I mean, we don't even run SSOL. Not even close...SSOL would probably be more effective than this constant iso-shit we've been doing all season long.

Actually, no, I take that back. Toney Douglas running SSOL would be the saddest thing of all time.