When do you guys want Melo to shoot

CA7

Scoring Champ
Its obivious y'all hate Iso ball but its not like he's being put in scoring situations. I mean every time STAT gets the ball he puts his head down and attacks but no one says anything. But when Melo takes a pull up its a problem. I'm just saying when is okay for him to shoot the ball because that is what he does best

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
STAT wants to score so badly he doesn't see his teammates... Last night I saw Amare several times attacking the rim while Landy stood under the basket clapping his hands and screaming "nobody's guarding me bro, easy bucket right here"... it has to change.

Carmelo is a great transition scorer, I'd prefer to see him scoring more while nobody's expecting it. Besides, he can create open looks using the screen, it happened couple of times against the Bucks, he was using the screen set by Tyson and got some easy points. There also should be more plays assigning him to get good shot opportunities, giving him the ball 20' away from the basket and isolating him is the ugliest form of basketball ever known - unwatchable.

CA7

Scoring Champ
STAT wants to score so badly he doesn't see his teammates... Last night I saw Amare several times attacking the rim while Landy stood under the basket clapping his hands and screaming "nobody's guarding me bro, easy bucket right here"... it has to change.

Carmelo is a great transition scorer, I'd prefer to see him scoring more while nobody's expecting it. Besides, he can create open looks using the screen, it happened couple of times against the Bucks, he was using the screen set by Tyson and got some easy points. There also should be more plays assigning him to get good shot opportunities, giving him the ball 20' away from the basket and isolating him is the ugliest form of basketball ever known - unwatchable.

Okay I actually get what you're saying attack the defense when they are off balance, on the break in transition when he's trailing a play etc., I like the trailing Chandler setting the pick for Melo and letting him attack rather than the post up iso where teams tend to collapse.

I also wanna see more off the ball screens for guys like STAT, Melo, Douglas, Bibby and Novak. Chandler is a big body we should def see more off the ball stuff instead of just pick n roll and iso

I hope we see some Novak tonight instead of Jeffries he's useless as our defense has been solid we just cant score I wanna see a STAT/TC/Jorts/Novakaine rotation for like 3 games and see how it works

Paul1355

All Star
Its obivious y'all hate Iso ball but its not like he's being put in scoring situations. I mean every time STAT gets the ball he puts his head down and attacks but no one says anything. But when Melo takes a pull up its a problem. I'm just saying when is okay for him to shoot the ball because that is what he does best
when he is not forcing up shots.

KingCharles34

All Star
^ :lol:

While i agree melo hasnt taken the best shots, what else is he supposed to do?

Pass to Amare so he can shoot a brick or turn the ball over?

Douglas? Fields, who has finally played a little better recently?

Mike Bibby?

Am I the only one seeing Carmelo trying to get other players involved, trying to be a point guard/ball handler? Hes obviously not a true point guard but hes being forced to do everything because of his teammates

Carmelo has to be the point guard, he has to be the #1 option, he has to be the best rebounder...theres alotta pressure on him.

With better teammates, i dont think he'd be shooting this much. People need to get off his d*ck if they think hes the biggest problem. The only problem i had with last nights performance wasnt the turnovers, it wasnt the missed shots or shooting against double/triple teams...My biggest problem was the game Gallo had which also wasnt all Melo's fault, if u breathed on GAllo the refs called a foul. Gallinari was never aggresive enough to shoot 20 freethrows in one game, the fukk kinda bullsh*t is this?

CA7

Scoring Champ

Mike Bibby?

Am I the only one seeing Carmelo trying to get other players involved, trying to be a point guard/ball handler? Hes obviously not a true point guard but hes being forced to do everything because of his teammates

Carmelo has to be the point guard, he has to be the #1 option, he has to be the best rebounder...theres alotta pressure on him.

With better teammates, i dont think he'd be shooting this much. People need to get off his d*ck if they think hes the biggest problem. The only problem i had with last nights performance wasnt the turnovers, it wasnt the missed shots or shooting against double/triple teams...My biggest problem was the game Gallo had which also wasnt all Melo's fault, if u breathed on GAllo the refs called a foul. Gallinari was never aggresive enough to shoot 20 freethrows in one game, the fukk kinda bullsh*t is this?

Thank god someone is sane and watches whats going on

KingofNy

Starter

Mike Bibby?

Spot on man! It saddens me that our fan base is giving him sh*t when he's carrying NY on his back because of the bad system and horrible shooting of our other players including Stat.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Im right here with ya.

Its not like we're saying he's playing his best, but he's hurt and doing his best to help us win. He's playing without a true PG and horrid coach. Every time he touches the ball the fans yell pass like WTF is up with people. He leads the team in points and assists. Without him we're probably 2-14. If guys step up he wont have to shoot the ball. 1 day Fields is on, no one else is. Shumpert is balling, where's Toney, Billy Bad Ass is ballin, D'Antoni benches him.......STAT had 1 good game, maybe 2.........Melo is doing the best he can with what he has but this is the same guy who had Andre Miller, Voshon Lenard, Nene and Marcus Camby his rookie year and led them to the Playoffs when he was robbed of Rookie of the Year

He doesn't have to rush to shoot the ball. Our PG doesn't even have to be elite either. PG passes ball into the post to either Amare or Melo and we dominate. If Stat is doubled in the post he can pass to chandler under the rim or Melo in the post on the other side...where melo can ISO or kick it out to a clear open shot teammate standing around the 3 line.

Since shooting the 3 is our priority...we limit our true skills and motivation to play intense BBall on defense. Our coach (along with his arrogance and yelling) is sapping our team's energy. I think I'm starting to see signs of the team losing respect for him....can't say that I blame them. They might not say it to the media but you can see it in their faces, especially when he calls a time out and designs one of those simple plays that always end up with someone making a pick and someone else taking a long shot. smh

jzero29

Rotation player
Iso does suck, Amare has been a bigger culprite. But the problem starts with the distribution. getting Amare and Melo the ball in good situations. Not letting the other players chuck up shots while Melo and stat don't even get a touch. So when they(stat and melo) finally get the ball, the are not giving it up, playing with heads down isolation and forcing shots. They need more touches and shots. Both of them. So i don't blame Melo for taking more then normal. He should.

Stat is forcing big time, but it's a distribution thing. If he had more touches and scoring chances, he'd be looking to pass more. I'd rather see him attacking the basket then settling for deep 2's or 3's. They need a PG to dominate the ball, set these guys up and distribute it to Studs(melo and stat) Someone to make sure the big guys are getting there shots. Not a shoot first scoring PG who doesn't create plays or break down defenses for layups by his guys.

Mike Bibby?

Galo has played well against the Knicks...being more aggressive, trying to prove something. I remember a couple games with the knicks he had 20 ft attempts.
I also don't agree with anyone(kobe, lebron, melo or wade) shooting when double or tripple teamed. Yes sometimes if the shot has to be thrown up(shot clock). But the ideal thing would be to pass out of a double or tripple, the defense scrambles to cover the open man, the ball works it's way back to melo who no longer is doubled and maybe unguarded.
But i do agree, Melo should be taking the most shots, followed by stat. guys like Douglas, fields, bibby and yes even shumpert(you didn't mention him) shouldn't be getting more shots on a regular basis then either of those guys. Shumpert has been a big reason these guys are pressing for shots. He's chucking them up with no hesitation or thought of getting his stars involved and no consequences from his coaches.

jzero29

Rotation player
shumpert

Ps, I am in no way dissing shumpert. i think he's a baller. he can score, he hussles. I love that. I just wish he wasn't a black hole. when the ball hits his hands and he takes it up the court half the time, it hits the rim next, not his teamates. I want to see him be a little less selfish. Get theball to the stars and then shooting when they kick it back out. Some things a good coach should be relaying to him.
the distribution is also something the coach should be addressing. getting stat and melo the ball

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
Ps, I am in no way dissing shumpert. i think he's a baller. he can score, he hussles. I love that. I just wish he wasn't a black hole. when the ball hits his hands and he takes it up the court half the time, it hits the rim next, not his teamates. I want to see him be a little less selfish. Get theball to the stars and then shooting when they kick it back out. Some things a good coach should be relaying to him.
the distribution is also something the coach should be addressing. getting stat and melo the ball
I gotta believe thats the coachs doing.
Before drafted, we were told he doesnt shoot and his offense is stale.
Now he throws it up whenever he can.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Okay I actually get what you're saying attack the defense when they are off balance, on the break in transition when he's trailing a play etc., I like the trailing Chandler setting the pick for Melo and letting him attack rather than the post up iso where teams tend to collapse.

I also wanna see more off the ball screens for guys like STAT, Melo, Douglas, Bibby and Novak. Chandler is a big body we should def see more off the ball stuff instead of just pick n roll and iso

I hope we see some Novak tonight instead of Jeffries he's useless as our defense has been solid we just cant score I wanna see a STAT/TC/Jorts/Novakaine rotation for like 3 games and see how it works

I feel like off the ball screens are never ran. Melo never gets the ball for an open shot. He should be working to get open before he gets the ball rather then pump faking 15 times for a shot. Setting these off the ball screens can cause rebounding mismatches down low which in the end make these shots better.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I feel like off the ball screens are never ran. Melo never gets the ball for an open shot. He should be working to get open before he gets the ball rather then pump faking 15 times for a shot. Setting these off the ball screens can cause rebounding mismatches down low which in the end make these shots better.

not really its like guys aren't looking for him until theres 5 seconds left on the shot clock.