Stephen A Says

tiger0330

Legend
I bet if you ask any GM in the league if you had to pick one player to build a franchise around, it would be Dwight.

Pretty sick of Melo's game, you don't have to be a super star to score 25ppg when you're taking 30 shots. Chandler is a nice player but he's complementary. I would do this and while we're at it see if we can trade Stat for D-Will.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
There's a reason why they'd ask for Melo over STAT, lol.

I'd like to see a coach who doesn't encourage Melo to shoot poorly, before we make any moves.

I'll post this vid in every thread if I have to, it's that sickening.

2 for 12 = 16%, but that's cool tho, according to MDA. How about you tell him to stop shooting? How are you not looking at shooting percentage "in that manor????????"

Wargames

Starter
If the knicks do that trade they're crazy. The knicks need a pg, coach, and depth. Trading a top scorer and a top center for just the number 1 center create even more problems.

Magic inquiring about Anthony/Chandler for Howard.

I say do the deal. The ship is sinking.

Howard would be a waste playing for MDA. I dont think the man has a post play in his playbook. Watching STAT run around in last nights game above the top of the key with Harrington guarding him made me throw up in my mouth. STAT cant body up Harrington for prime paint position? Cmon man...

skisloper

Starter
If the knicks do that trade they're crazy. The knicks need a pg, coach, and depth. Trading a top scorer and a top center for just the number 1 center create even more problems.

If you can trade Melo and Chandler for Howard then of course you do it.
That would free up enough money to sign a PG at Max.
YOU WOULD BE A FOOL NOT TO DO THIS TRADE.

Deron William ( we would have money and he wants to stay in NY )
Amare
Howard

is much better then

Melo
Amare
Chandler

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
If you can trade Melo and Chandler for Howard then of course you do it.
That would free up enough money to sign a PG at Max.
YOU WOULD BE A FOOL NOT TO DO THIS TRADE.

Deron William ( we would have money and he wants to stay in NY )
Amare
Howard

is much better then

Melo
Amare
Chandler

Have people not noticed signing max players only worked one time (celtics) If we have the luxary of making this deal, we should NOT sign a pg to a max but get a fairly decent pg like a felton and sign other above average players.

Our problem this year is outside melo stat and chandler our players stink. Fields would not start on any other team in the nba and as much as I hate to say this shumpert wouldnt either. Douglas on most teams wouldnt get much playing time and Jefferies wouldnt make any other rosters.

***We need to build a team not a team of 3. Look at the Thunder, Bulls, Blazers, sixers, and others. They are teams that are deep!!!!!

fender0577

Rotation player
I don't want any trades, but this is they first trade thread that actually makes sense.If they don't try to throw any extra money on use.

skisloper

Starter
Have people not noticed signing max players only worked one time (celtics) If we have the luxary of making this deal, we should NOT sign a pg to a max but get a fairly decent pg like a felton and sign other above average players.

Our problem this year is outside melo stat and chandler our players stink. Fields would not start on any other team in the nba and as much as I hate to say this shumpert wouldnt either. Douglas on most teams wouldnt get much playing time and Jefferies wouldnt make any other rosters.

***We need to build a team not a team of 3. Look at the Thunder, Bulls, Blazers, sixers, and others. They are teams that are deep!!!!!

I do not disagree with you.
Just if Deron Willilams is attainable its hard to pass up.

I know we all hate these trade threads but it can be realistic...again goal is a championship...
Money wise I think Chandler/Melo does not work unless we take Turk.
If we are taking Turk then might as well do Stat/Chandler for Turk/Howard.
Melo for William.

So we become
Williams/davis
Fields/shump
Turk/walker
Howard/jordan
Jeffries/Harrilson

Sage

Rotation player
So we lose one of the top scorers in the league and one of the top centers in the league for the top center in the league.

We'd overpay. If they threw in Nelson and a roleplayer or something then maybe.

fender0577

Rotation player
I do not disagree with you.
Just if Deron Willilams is attainable its hard to pass up.

I know we all hate these trade threads but it can be realistic...again goal is a championship...
Money wise I think Chandler/Melo does not work unless we take Turk.
If we are taking Turk then might as well do Stat/Chandler for Turk/Howard.
Melo for William.

So we become
Williams/davis
Fields/shump
Turk/walker
Howard/jordan
Jeffries/Harrilson
If we gotta take turk, then hell no.No more bad contracts, Please!

iSaYughh

Starter
I knew the talk of Amare/Chandler for Howard was too good.

Amare is effectively untradeable, barring us doing a dump for salary and a pick or two.

Melo/Chandler for Howard would still be a dream come true.

Obviously in a vacuum we're giving up more.

But the reality is that the cap space, the superior chemistry, and superior *player* would be just enormous. Absolutely enormous.

Melo and Amare also clearly have some ill will growing, IMHO. STAT's quote about Gallo, and how Gallo was a beast last year "with me", was telling.

Turk would also be a great addition. Melo/Chandler for Howard/Turk.

Many don't understand how good Turk (still) is. And ya, he is overpaid, but who isn't in the NBA these days, especially if you're a decent player? His contract really aint that bad for a player as good as he is.

And for this team, he would be superb. Shooting range, versatility, and *true* point forward passing ability,

which means that while we wait for Baron (or if Baron fails), or till we secure a long-term PG solution, we will not be looking as dire as we now do.

Baron
Fields
Turk
STAT
Howard

bench -- Shumpert, Douglas, Bibby, Jorts, Walker, Novak

Yes.

Howard + a true 2nd option and dominant offensive option who can take over like Amare could be...unstoppable. Alongside a versatile, rangy SF like Turk who can pass with the best of them....Pretty solid bench, good blend of hustle guys, rebound guys, floor spacers....

Outside of Lebron, not a player in the NBA I'd rather have as a franchise.

fender0577

Rotation player
I knew the talk of Amare/Chandler for Howard was too good.

Amare is effectively untradeable, barring us doing a dump for salary and a pick or two.

Melo/Chandler for Howard would still be a dream come true.

Obviously in a vacuum we're giving up more.

But the reality is that the cap space, the superior chemistry, and superior *player* would be just enormous. Absolutely enormous.

Melo and Amare also clearly have some ill will growing, IMHO. STAT's quote about Gallo, and how Gallo was a beast last year "with me", was telling.

Turk would also be a great addition. Melo/Chandler for Howard/Turk.

Many don't understand how good Turk (still) is. And ya, he is overpaid, but who isn't in the NBA these days, especially if you're a decent player? His contract really aint that bad for a player as good as he is.

And for this team, he would be superb. Shooting range, versatility, and *true* point forward passing ability,

which means that while we wait for Baron (or if Baron fails), or till we secure a long-term PG solution, we will not be looking as dire as we now do.

Baron
Fields
Turk
STAT
Howard

bench -- Shumpert, Douglas, Bibby, Jorts, Walker, Novak

Yes.

Howard + a true 2nd option and dominant offensive option who can take over like Amare could be...unstoppable. Alongside a versatile, rangy SF like Turk who can pass with the best of them....Pretty solid bench, good blend of hustle guys, rebound guys, floor spacers....

Outside of Lebron, not a player in the NBA I'd rather have as a franchise.
While i agree with most of your post, you want to bench a player who is second in the NBA in steals, and has tremendous upside.I like fields a lot but shump is already the better player, agree?

iJoe

Rotation player
Will never happen unless Magic can dump Hedo's contract(12 mil in 2013/14) which is absolutely horrible.

Amare and Howard don't really seem like the best tandem either. Either way... doesn't solve our biggest hole at PG and Jameer is NOT the answer.

skisloper

Starter
Will never happen unless Magic can dump Hedo's contract(12 mil in 2013/14) which is absolutely horrible.

Amare and Howard don't really seem like the best tandem either. Either way... doesn't solve our biggest hole at PG and Jameer is NOT the answer.

No matter who you look at it right now Baron Davis is our PG for this year......Mgmt has basically set it up as a do or die.
Maybe SHump will improve with BD on the court and the pressure a bit removed.......

At anytime we can get Dwight Howard in NY I say its a no brainer....
Turk is not a great contract but if its
Howard/Turk for Melo/Stat or Chandler/Melo or Chandler/Stat its worth doing.

iSaYughh

Starter
While i agree with most of your post, you want to bench a player who is second in the NBA in steals, and has tremendous upside.I like fields a lot but shump is already the better player, agree?

Ya. When I took Shump out of the starting 5, I meant to add him as our 6th, where he'd basically get as many or more minutes than Fields, anyways.

Shump's upside is def where he should end up as our legit starter, I agree. His steals, and all-around defense is probably where he already exceeds Fields anyways. But even as a 6th, he should get a lion's share of minutes, barring those games where he is just playing ugly, wild, rookie ball.

That would be just a beast, beast of a team. And I'd fire any coach who could't get us to the finals ;)

smokes

Huge Member
Honestly, I think Melo is a better player than D12. Seriously.

Although I haven't watched D12 play much for the last couple of seasons (since they went to the finals) I don't believe he's actually added anything in those 2 seasons. You hear he's been working out with Hakeem well where is his post moves? The guy coasts by on the fact he's the only freakishly athletic 7 footer in the game.

One game the Magic lose and D12 says its because he doesn't get enough of the ball. The next game they lose and D12 has all of the ball and can't make it happen.

Seriously I'd rather have Elite PG + Stat or Melo + Chandler than D12.

skisloper

Starter
Honestly, I think Melo is a better player than D12. Seriously.

Although I haven't watched D12 play much for the last couple of seasons (since they went to the finals) I don't believe he's actually added anything in those 2 seasons. You hear he's been working out with Hakeem well where is his post moves? The guy coasts by on the fact he's the only freakishly athletic 7 footer in the game.

One game the Magic lose and D12 says its because he doesn't get enough of the ball. The next game they lose and D12 has all of the ball and can't make it happen.

Seriously I'd rather have Elite PG + Stat or Melo + Chandler than D12.

Interesting point....would u trade Williams for Melo straight up ?