Baron Davis likely to play against the Rockets or Pistons

elcol

Rotation player
Sooooo will Baron play against the Pistons?

I hope so man :fire:

well i think if he is cleared to play at the rockets and doesn't strain himself in that game he should be fine to play the pistons. on the other hand if he doesn't play the rockets then he has an extra game to prep so he probably will play the pistons 100pct as long as hes not injured.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I hope so too, but Tommy Dee had something this morning about not listening to the talk, Baron isn't ready and won't rush back with the mess that's going on, and that he may not play until after the all-star break. Hope he plays soon as was being reported, I need something to be excited about, but I did read that on tkb

iSaYughh

Starter
BTW... Why are they never around on game day? ;)

Foolish reach, broheem.

When in fact I'll often make a point to post in a game thread, like I did last night after the game -- even if we've been slaughtered, and I wasn't at a computer during the game.

And the opposite of what you're alluding to is true. When we go on winning streaks or turn corners -- last year, eg -- the most loud anti-MDA people take very, very long naps. I'll be the first to say Red is not one of those people, fwiw.

But why let reality get in the way things? ;)

iSaYughh

Starter
Ron & Ughh...

I can respect your opinions but I have to call truce. I can see what the issue is here between us and I'll agree to disagree.

Fair enough. Not looking to waste time battling incessantly when our points have already been made loud and clear.

Our points will be proved right or wrong in due time.

I'm on record putting an actual metric to my opinions on MDA: the success of our team with a healthy Baron. And if he isn't healthy, that we are to see improvement and adjustments, nonetheless.

The bolded is pure fact. Many people on the forum have misconceptions about what it means to play MDA's way.

They see the ugly side of the offense as players grow into the system and think that's what it's about.

His offense simply encompasses intelligent, innovative, efficient ways of getting the best shot possible. That's it.

Are you really saying having a player like Jorts shoot 3's is the best way to utilize him? Cmon man. Now you have Jeffries and Balkman shooting 3's. Are these really the best shots we can get out of MDA's offense?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
I don't know exactly, but somewhere at the end of Februrary...

edit: we have 16 games before the break, if Baron isn't available this week I don't see a reason why we shouldn't fire D'Antoni NOW...

Wargames

Starter
2 weeks? I predict a 3-5 record if Dante saves his job...

Man he is fired. If the Knicks were ever going to fire him mid season it would be now while the media is focused on the giants going to the SB. Then Woodson could take over. But yeah sh*t is getting serious 2 more weeks and the Knicks would be lucky to not be the bottom of the east. F*ck 2 more weeks and even if the Knicks trade they have to really think about just tanking it and hope for a Tim Duncan pick ala the spurs. :barf:

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
He isn't fired yet. We all know it's obvious to get rid of him right now, whole basketball world knows it, but that's not what Dolan cares about. As long as people keep purchasing Knicks tickets and eventually buy a beer or popcorn at the Garden he's happy and feels he's winning.

KingofNy

Starter
Man he is fired. If the Knicks were ever going to fire him mid season it would be now while the media is focused on the giants going to the SB. Then Woodson could take over. But yeah sh*t is getting serious 2 more weeks and the Knicks would be lucky to not be the bottom of the east. F*ck 2 more weeks and even if the Knicks trade they have to really think about just tanking it and hope for a Tim Duncan pick ala the spurs. :barf:

We have no 1st round pick draft or a good GM to find us the Gems like Walsh did.. It's Houston's I believe. We have no option but to fire D'Antoni. What's the other option? Keep him and burn out/injure all of our stars running a 7-man rotation in a packed season with no breaks? Our whole team will be injured by the all-star break and we'll be basically giving a lottery pick to Houston for Tracy McGrady one year rental. lol Again correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I'm right. Please fire D'Antoni already!

Scipio

Benchwarmer
If he doesn`t get fired now he never will be. We are pretty much at rock bottom right now so if he doesn`t get the axe when we are this terrible then I can`t see it happening at all.

I think that this is a massive week for the future of the Knicks. Playing some games at home will put extra pressure on Dumbphoney, it might just prove to be the tipping point. If he doesn`t go this week then my fear is that we will be stuck with this gimp until the end of the season and then we can run him out of town or hang him from a lampost when his contract expires.

For the sake of the club, the players and the fans I am praying that this week, or at least, the next ten days will be the last of Dumbphoney`s reign.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
We have no 1st round pick draft or a good GM to find us the Gems like Walsh did.. It's Houston's I believe. We have no option but to fire D'Antoni. What's the other option? Keep him and burn out/injure all of our stars running a 7-man rotation in a packed season with no breaks? Our whole team will be injured by the all-star break and we'll be basically giving a lottery pick to Houston for Tracy McGrady one year rental. lol Again correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I'm right. Please fire D'Antoni already!

Wish I could correct your wrongness my friend, but unfortunately in this case, you are spot on, not much to look forward to for ways to greatly improve this team. The things we've done were supposed to be the big excitement, there are no top draft picks or major free agents on the horizon now, we're more or less maxed out