Lin Is Back

jzero29

Rotation player
Folks the D-league isn't the NBA. It's not where pros go. His numbers might be good in a single YMCA game also but he's far from a pro. Every team he's been on has benched him for a reason. Just imagine all those bad practices he probably has under his belt and then remember the laughing stock he was the last time he played. It was embarrassing for not just the Knicks, but the NBA as well. If you watch the clips I think the refs were laughing at him also while he stumbled around on the court. Face it, this guy is nothing but a marketing move.

I also do believe this could be a move made just as nod to Chinese fans. The Chinese new year is a 2 week event with a lot of community and family gatherings.
I know the d-LEAGUE isn't the NBA, but that doesn't mean that a guy can't develope there. Rookie nerves?

Don't know why you guys think that him being Chinese and it being Chinese New Years has anything to do with him bring brought up. It's what teams do, send guys down for short stints in the dleague and then bring them back up. Seems more likely that because Lin and JJ killed it down there, the Knicks thought what are they going to learn down there.

Lin is not the answer and as bad as TD has been, I don't think Lin is better. Put your money on BD for a PG that can turn this team around.
If you had said that about TD last year, i'd have your back, but he's regressed. Maybe Lin has progressed and the only way to find out is to see him game time. Only a fool will keep trying the same unsuccesful actions over and over again. I know TD has heart and plays hard, I love and respect him for that. But his play has taken a step back. Maybe he needs a break to regroup.

Starks

Starter
Don't know why you guys think that him being Chinese and it being Chinese New Years has anything to do with him bring brought up. It's what teams do, send guys down for short stints in the dleague and then bring them back up. Seems more likely that because Lin and JJ killed it down there, the Knicks thought what are they going to learn down there.

Lin is not the answer and as bad as TD has been, I don't think Lin is better. Put your money on BD for a PG that can turn this team around.

I used to work in sales and I know how these ticket/marketing execs think. Sales is a sleazy industry

joegti10

Banned
Lin chipped in some quality play in garbage time tonight. 8pts 4ast in 8 minutes. I'd like to see him climb the depth chart a bit, he's young, smart and has talent.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah seriously, Lin balled on the Bobcats tonight.

Novak is a sharpshooter from 3

And Jerome Jordan is trying to dunk his way into the rotation

jzero29

Rotation player
Lin chipped in some quality play in garbage time tonight. 8pts 4ast in 8 minutes. I'd like to see him climb the depth chart a bit, he's young, smart and has talent.
Not that it a big deal but it was just under 6 minutes.
TD with more then twice the time
TD 14:39, had 9pts 4 ast and 2 TO, 0 rebounds
Lins 5:54, had 8pts 4 ast and 1 TO, 2 rebounds

Now I am not saying Lin is awesome, or this is proof he's better. It's 6 minutes in one game. Just that it's obvious he's worth a better look.

petescud

Starter
I agree. What would be so wrong to rest players and let guys like Lin get a chance to play 15 minutes and see what he does. try it a few times and see if he progress'

Toons

is the Bo$$
you cant compare tony to lin yet. tony played against startes, lin played against the bench in garbage time, which is a step above playing in the d-league. the d-league is crap....lins tripple double is garbage....everyone gets tripple doubles in the d league.....its the frickin d-league. lin cud definitely use some more court time

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
@alahnhan: To workout with Baron. Seriously. RT @BobbyAa0518: @alanhahn is there any reason why Lin and Jordan were brought back up for the D-League.

SMH @ our "coaching" staff...

Sage

Rotation player
Lin was ok yesterday. A bit erratic but I expect they might have been "Don't send me back to the DL" nerves. :)

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Knicks coach likes partnership with BayHawks

CLEVELAND -- Having his second-year point guard go down with a right-ankle injury won't discourage New York Knicks coach Mike D'Antoni from sending Jeremy Lin down to the Erie BayHawks again.

"You'd hate that it would be a lasting injury, but it could happen anywhere," D'Antoni said. "He could do it in practice. He could do it walking across the street. So you've got to just kind of go with it and hope that it works out, and it did."

Talking before Wednesday's game against the Cleveland Cavaliers at Quicken Loans Arena, D'Antoni sounded pleased with the Knicks' hybrid partnership with Erie.

"I think it's good for us," D'Antoni said. "I don't know that much about it, but as a coaching staff, we send our guys down for a couple of games and it works out. It's good for them. (It) keeps them in shape and ready and takes a little pressure off trying to get them in games and get them going."

Last week, the Knicks sent down rookie 7-footer Jerome Jordan, 25, and Lin, 23, for two games at Maine against the Red Claws.

It was the first time the Knicks had ever sent players down to the D-League.

"It was a short time, but I thought they gave it their all," said Knicks assistant general manager Allan Houston, who was at the Cavs-Knicks game. Houston is also Erie's general manager.

Jordan played in both games at Maine, while Lin missed the second game because of the ankle injury after having a triple double of 28 points, 12 assists and 11 rebounds in Friday's 122-113 win.

"The big man, Jerome, commanded a lot of attention," said Lin at Wednesday's game. "(We) just play off each other. The team has a lot of shooters. Just find everybody. (It) makes it simple."

The 6-foot 3-inch, 200-pound Lin, who is averaging 2.8 points in six games with the Knicks, twisted his ankle twice Friday.

Lin said his ankle became swollen in trying to practice on it Saturday.

"I'm glad I was able to go down and get that one game in," Lin said. "It was good for me to kind of play through some mistakes in terms of the offense because it's really my first time playing non-garbage minutes running D'Antoni's offense."

Jordan had 26 points and eight rebounds Friday, but was limited to 10 points on 3-of-11 shooting and seven rebounds in Sunday's 110-88 loss to the Red Claws.

"It was a good experience," said Jordan at Wednesday's game. "(It was) just a chance to go out there and play some minutes and keep getting better as a basketball player."

Jordan said not having Lin, coupled with Maine making adjustments defensively, led to his subpar effort Sunday.

"(I've) still got to go out there and produce," said 240-pound Jordan, who is averaging 1.4 points in seven games with the Knicks.

The two Knicks left an impression on the BayHawks beyond scoring points.

"I like the fact that they came in not cocky, not arrogant," Erie rookie forward Tirrell Baines said. "They came in just thankful to be playing."

With the NBA having a shortened season due to the lockout, there isn't much practice time, so D'Antoni likes the idea of putting Lin and Jordan in game situations with Erie.

"We won't be able to assess them anyway, so it's better that they go down and play so we can watch them play and develop," D'Antoni said.

NBA teams can send down first- and second-year players up to three times a season. Next season, they'll be able to send down first- to third-year players as often as they want.

D'Antoni said it's easier to send down players like Jordan and Lin because they weren't expected to play much for the Knicks this season.

"If they figured in our plans, we wouldn't send them down in the first place," he said.

http://www.goerie.com/article/20120.../Knicks-coach-likes-partnership-with-BayHawks

FIRE THIS BUM! NOW!

jzero29

Rotation player
you cant compare tony to lin yet. tony played against startes, lin played against the bench in garbage time, which is a step above playing in the d-league. the d-league is crap....lins tripple double is garbage....everyone gets tripple doubles in the d league.....its the frickin d-league. lin cud definitely use some more court time
Still dismissing lin? get over it. give the kid a shot, he cant do worse at PG the TD

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
I bet Dolans praying Lin will be successful he'd be great for NY's huge Chinese population, the Chinese really support their own.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
I bet Dolans praying Lin will be successful he'd be great for NY's huge Chinese population, the Chinese really support their own.

He had a good game , however I agree with you I thought that was one of the big reason's we brought him in. I hope I am ignorant for thinking that:crossfingers::crossfingers: