Carmelo Frozen out of the Offense (Scores only 1 point Career Low) All Discussion

Oakman88

Benchwarmer
If anyone watched this game tonight, you'd notice they avoided passing him the ball. I don't want to say that was on purpose, but Melo hardly touched the ball, a few times when Chandler or Amare would get it at the top of the key they'd look over his way and than pass the ball away from him. Melo also was not looking for his shot and looked lost. I think its Melo who needs to find his groove in this offense. If he isn't posting up in an Isolation Melo really struggles to score the ball which he shouldn't because hes a great scorer.

Here is something to think about, imagine if we could have Melo's effort on the defensive end, rebounding, and assist, while shooting with in the flow of the offense, this team would be close to unstoppable.

I hope Melo can see from this game when the ball is free flowing and other team mates are working together and there is great ball movement it creates easy shots.

Melo does deserve credit. He got 11 rebounds and 4 assists. But there is no reason he can't average 20/10 while playing in the offense. Overall we very much needed this win.

Melo needs to find his groove in the offense though, you can completely tell if he isn't posting for the ISO he struggles to find his chemistry. I think this can all be fixed.

fender0577

Rotation player
I think he made an effort to pass the ball, he had 11 rebounds and 4 assist, he could have shot more, but i think he fell back.Kudos to Melo for letting the ball continue to move.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Even when Melo was in Denver, maintaining ball movement has been the problem with him. Every time the Nuggets had 20+ assists a game, they win by a large margin. When Melo tries to take over the game on his own, most of the time they lose.

I'm sure Melo can be good in this fast paced system. He just needs to learn how to trust his team mates on offense. Win as a team, and lose as a team.

CA7

Scoring Champ
I just wanna laugh I felt this coming

Melo let other guys score tonight he defended, rebounded and passed the rock. He didn't need to score tonight because the Bobcats suck like I said, I want all those who liked him not shooting see him do it on Friday, then you'll change your stance

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★

Melo let other guys score tonight he defended, rebounded and passed the rock. He didn't need to score tonight because the Bobcats suck like I said, I want all those who liked him not shooting see him do it on Friday, then you'll change your stance
The truth is spoken.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot

The thing is Carmelo isn't the key to beat the Heat, he'll face LeBron and that will certainly be helluva matchup, but the only guy that can seal the deal is him:

TakMan

Rotation player

No one is disputing that Anthony is a good player. If, however, he had decided to shoot his way into victory today the Knicks may well have lost this game. His shooting has been appalling this year and even last night he missed all 7 of his attempts despite getting good looks. If you have a look at his free throw attempt he's not looking confident in any way. He should not try to take over against Miami. He needs to re-evaluate his game. Last night's game was a strong statement by the role players demonstrating that they need to be involved. If the Knicks can continue like this it will eventually alleviate pressure from Anthony, who will not feel as if the entire team's fate rests on him. Cleveland could be another step in the right direction towards achieving chemistry and structuring roles. Something tells me this will be the case.

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Carmelo is in a major slump right now. Horrible shooting. He needs to figure it out quickly because he can't be shooting this poorly against good teams. He can't shoot even shoot poorly today against Cavs because they are much better team than Bobpussies.

TakMan

Rotation player
He wasn't 'frozen out'.

His jumper is off due to his wrist injury and he focused on passing the ball and rebounding.

That's not entirely true is it though. His shooting has been absolutely crap throughout the season so you cannot attribute the wrist injury to his performance. He can only become a great player if he evolves his game. Even Michael Jordan passed the ball to Kerr for the last shot of game 6 in the 1997 NBA finals. What Anthony did on that last overtime play against the Nuggets was disgusting. If he wants to go from being good to being great he needs to become versatile in his game rather than one dimensional which he has been thus far.

zshopa

Benchwarmer
Melo will come around, hes definitely not 100% right now, and D'antoni is too dumb to realize you cant run your entire offense through him, in time melo will shoot better as will Stat, but the knicks will still suck and be a sub 500 team because MDA cant trust anyone else on our roster.

skisloper

Starter
Lets just hope that Melo is comfortable not always being the man and that he wants the win more then his EGO wants to be the man.

By him not shooting and quick passing it changes every coaches defensive scheme against us......With Melo always shooting we are so predictable.

Melo take a role of 30 one night and 15 the next and we win is all u can ask.
Messing up defensive schemes against us.

nyk_nyk

All Star
The ball movement last night looked good and everyone was involved in the offense. Melo didn't shoot well and obviously decided to take a back seat this time around amid all the recent criticism. Make no mistake though, this team cannot be successful without an aggressive Melo. Some people are taking this win against a really bad team (you can even call them a D league team without 2 of their starters) and translating it into something significant.

There is no way we win most games without Melo attacking. The role players will not be the ones who get us past the great teams. Chandler, as good as he played last night was a man among boys in the paint. He most likely will not get those huge numbers against our better competition. I thjink he's still capable of having an impact though.

Melo and Amare have to be the ones to lead this team. Taking the fire out of either one of them will not make us better in the long run. I just don't want Melo to change his game too much. We still need him to be the player that's tough to stop.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Carmelo Anthony had a good game last night. He did his job. He took some shots, missed, so then he looked to get his teammates involved.

Melo needs to do this more often. His field goal percentage and the team's overall win percentage would be higher right now, had he done this from the beginning.

That being said, the Bobcats suck, and they were missing two key players.
Anthony will have to play with this kind of unselfishness against Cleveland and Miami if the Knicks plan on getting back to .500.

nyk_nyk

All Star
With Melo always shooting we are so predictable.

Weren't we already predictable with our PGs not attacking the paint and Amare putting his head down and barrelling into the paint for offensive fouls?

Weren't we already predictable by settling for 3 pointers most of the time?

Why are people only focusing on Melo?? If we make the playoffs and he misses games from an injury, watch how many of you start crying.

skisloper

Starter
Weren't we already predictable with our PGs not attacking the paint and Amare putting his head down and barrelling into the paint for offensive fouls?

Weren't we already predictable by settling for 3 pointers most of the time?

Why are people only focusing on Melo?? If we make the playoffs and he misses games from an injury, watch how many of you start crying.

Yes but since we have a moron for a coach hopefully a guy like Melo can transform his game to make others better....

Focusing on Melo because Dantonio until fired is here to stay. We all know he will not adapt his gameplan........Now one can rely on Melo to find a way that he best first this offense.......Like I said some games will be a 30 a night but some he may be better off with 15.....of course last night ZERO baskets is not what anyone is talking about....