Is D'Antoni legit trying to make this team bad?

D'Antoni trying to sabotage the Knicks?

• Yes

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • No

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Wouldn't surprise me

Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Would surprise me

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

nyk_nyk

All Star
IMO, Larry Brown never got a fair chance to coach the team. I think he would have been a good fit for the identity of the team. Chaney was never a serious hire and Wilkens just couldn't command their attention. Isiah just failed.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why didn't we win a Playoff game since 2001?

There is 3 answers to that question:
1) Layden
2) Isiah
3) Walsh

Each came in with the intention of clearing the previous roster of all 15 players....
how do u think the Knicks players felt when a new G.M. was hired?

Now u know....why I "BASHED" all three of our last G.M. from their hire to their fire...

Exactly. Team Chemistry > Talent

That's why I was anti-Walsh from a couple of months into his tenure.
He wanted to blame everyone on the Knicks for their losing, when it was really a handfull of scrubs ruining the team(Quentin Richardson, Jared Jeffries, Eddy Curry, Jerome James, Malik Rose, etc).

I think Antoni is trying to win games. He has a big ego. He just sucks.
He thinks his "chuck a three, ooh-wee system" can work without Steve Nash, but he's clearly wrong.

Paul1355

All Star
IMO, Larry Brown never got a fair chance to coach the team. I think he would have been a good fit for the identity of the team. Chaney was never a serious hire and Wilkens just couldn't command their attention. Isiah just failed.
Larry Brown was terrible.

He had a good team in Detroit and everyone thought Brown would make the Knicks the old Pistons with Billups, Rip, Prince and Wallace.

We have to stop assuming that a coach is going to make us a winning franchise suddenly.

Only Phil Jackson has that ability to honestly change this whole team around.

KingofNy

Starter
Dantoni is not sabotaging the Knicks....
Dantoni just cant coach NBA or NCAA basketball...

His style would be good a Rucker Park though... Half-assed pick & rolls, chucking up covered 3's from 45 ft, no ball movement, at least 2-3 failed alley oop attempts, no inside out game, organized streetball. He'd be bomb there. Not here though, GTFO NY Mike & Dan D'Antoni!

pakopako

Benchwarmer
We have to stop assuming that a coach is going to make us a winning franchise suddenly.

Only Phil Jackson has that ability to honestly change this whole team around.

I don't even think Jackson can "instantly" turn a team without chemistry around. Maybe "quickly" (one season), but not instantly. Larry Brown's short tenure wasn't so bad. Wasn't his major beef clashing with Marbury and Thomas?

Paul1355

All Star
I don't even think Jackson can "instantly" turn a team without chemistry around. Maybe "quickly" (one season), but not instantly. Larry Brown's short tenure wasn't so bad. Wasn't his major beef clashing with Marbury and Thomas?

Jackson has authority in a locker room and has the resume were his players will listen because he is a winner.

What did Mike D win?

Nothing.

He had a couple of good seasons that never led to the championship.

Shaq once said in a halftime show that his lakers team played well because they trusted their coach because of his resume.

Get rid of Mike D.

How many losses is it going to take? We are going to miss the playoffs if this clown isn't fired.