Seven Seconds or Less

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
Idk if KO has some people on here who enjoy a good read. I recently just finished "Seven Seconds or Less: My Season on the Bench with the Runnin' and Gunnin' Phoenix Suns."
Its actually a really good read and can enlighten you on really how bad of a coach Mike Dantoni really is. It also kind of shows how Amare is not who really think he is. (he's apparently lazy and apathetic at times) I found this review of notes from the book that some guy from espn drafted. Its interesting take a look:

p35 one video for players another for coaches, Tim Thomas lousy defender, D'Antoni doesn't embarrass players p36 "subplot from hell" is Amare p38 D'Antoni plays video games in the players' lounge p39 no one knows if Leandro Barbosa understands anything p44 Nash "doesn't hear" D'Antoni's call, later jokes he wasn't going to listen to him anyway p51 vibe from teammates that Amare is apathetic p54 coaches worry Marion has "gone into the tank" jealous that Nash won MVP p60 interesting: Marion doesn't want to switch off Odom when picked--if Odom scores big, Marion gets media blame p63 NO ONE understands the defensive three second rule p66 Nash asks D'Antoni if he believes the referee conspiracy theories (Bennett Salvatore always part of that conversation) p68 Raja Bell on "double secret probation" p74 scouting report on Eddie House: "won't shoot unless he has it in his hands" p75 who knew: referees are fined for bad calls p89 Tim Thomas is a "ball-stopper" doesn't move ball well p90 D'Antoni says they may have "loused up our offense" with Thomas p100 Mike D'Antoni, staunch democrat, listens repeatedly to this Pink song. When he hears that Kwame Brown is being investigated for sexual assault says "was the assault on Boris Diaw?" p110 Diaw: "I do not date American women. I have them." p114 Raja Bell led league drawing charges p117 at Boston University Raja Bell was sent for anger management p118 Barbosa got his nut tangled in this sack, Iavaroni says "that's some third world shit right there" p119 Raja Bell's dad was kicked out of his 50+ league for busting some dude's nose p122 D'Antoni's worst nightmare is that a certain unnamed ref will show up for game six against the Lakers--lucky him they spot the guy in the restaurant (FWIW that game was reffed by Ron Garretson , Greg Willard , and Leon Wood) p123 McCallum tees off on the "clueless" Blazers NOTE: throughout the book Suns owner Robert Sarver comes off as insane p128 Gentry calls Olowokandi a "pussy," someone from the league indicates they agree, then Gentry hides from Kandi p128 Hoopshype gets a mention p129 story: in Miami years ago player Ladell Eackles stood up and wrote "No Your Roll" on the locker room board, Glen Rice replied "sit down dumbass" p141 espionage! Suns get Laker intelligence from notes left in a hotel room and by listening in on practice p146 great description of what makes D'Antoni great p153 the pizza guy p163 Nash elusive and coordinated on the move but not fast p176 breakdown of who on the team eats what--and report that there's much farting on this team p177 James Jones poorly prepared, coaches want catch/shoot or catch/pass but he prefers catch/dribble (By the way, if you got this far, consider yourself a serious basketball junkie. I mean, just think about what you're doing right now.) p179 After Salvatore somehow didn't hear the Suns calling for TO in an earlier game, D'Antoni warns Salvatore that if it's close and Nash has the ball, they will be calling timeout p183 it's hard for Steve Nash to pee p189 Amare's lame rehab work ethic p190 Jason Collins is dirty p194 D'Antoni shuts Amare down p198 trainer Aaron Nelson is called "No Game" after he "came up empty" at a Vegas bachelor party with Charles Barkley. I can only guess what that means. p207 Kevin Tucker responsible for monitoring the players' nightlife--never worries about Shawn Marion p208 David Dupree's "divergent stats index" seems so primitive in an era of 82games etc. p215 Diaw hates physical play p221 Nash has a shirt that says Good Bush/Bad Bush with pictures of a woman's lower abdomen and the president p221 dress code either racist or at least racial p222 Penny Marshall squabbles with Robert Sarver p224 classy: Raja to Jerry Colangelo after big win: "Thanks for bringing me here." p226 Bryan Colangelo's wife Barbara Bottini is a big part of the reason Mike D'Antoni works for the Suns--told her husband to keep an eye on Mike p260-261 good underwhelming portrait of Amare p265 Suns offense is, essentially, whoever Keith Van Horn guards gets to embarrass him, and it works (might have something to do with KVH being out of the league) p265 great meat and potatoes coaching analysis (wish I could watch every game with this level of knowledge) p269 Alvin Gentry gets in trouble with the cops for being black p278 D'Antoni meets privately with Marion and talks desire and hustle (can't shake the feeling Phil Jackson or Pat Riley would make Shawn Marion unbelievable--he's great now and doesn't try hard all the time) p287 Out of nowhere, ROBERT SARVER OFFERS TO THIN JACK MCCALLUM'S EYEBROWS p294 D'Antoni says maybe Tim Thomas will "fool somebody into another big contract" p295 Suns coaches talk about players they like: Turkoglu, Darko, Piatkowski (tampering?) p299 more making fun of Keith Van Horn p310 SARVER PERSONALLY THINS MCCALLUM'S EYEBROWS ON DRAFT DAY

knicksin60

Starter
There should be a new book coming out entitled "Seven Seconds of Death: When Toney Douglas is given the PG duty for the New York Knicks".

KingofNy

Starter
:fire:
There should be a new book coming out entitled "Seven Seconds of Death: When Toney Douglas is given the PG duty for the New York Knicks".

Image how our backups feel sitting on the bench and having to watch guys like Jeffries and Douglas get 25+ minutes meanwhile chucking up garbage shots and turning the ball over when they KNOW they're 10x better than they'll EVER be? I'd be furious.

D'Antoni :poke:Lin, Novak & Jordan

D'Antoni
Stat
Melo
&
Chandler's
Value

D'Antoni when Walker is chucking up 3's while double covered: :jackoff:

knicksin60

Starter

Image how our backups feel sitting on the bench and having to watch guys like Jeffries and Douglas get 25+ minutes meanwhile chucking up garbage shots and turning the ball over when they KNOW they're 10x better than they'll EVER be? I'd be furious.

D'Antoni :poke:Lin, Novak & Jordan

D'Antoni
Stat
Melo
&
Chandler's
Value

Toney Chucker and Girafrees are the two players that replaced Chris Duhorrible and Danilo Gallinari as D'antoni's pet players.

KingofNy

Starter
Toney Chucker and Girafrees are the two players that replaced Chris Duhorrible and Danilo Gallinari as D'antoni's pet players.

They're also the reason that we lost Anthony Randolph and Corey Brewer. Because Dumbtoni decided to keep a short rotation and use these fools rather than the two listed above. We would have a GREAT team right now if it weren't for Dumbtoni. Seriously. I'm sure Walsh is counting his blessings that he's outta here.

knicksin60

Starter
They're also the reason that we lost Anthony Randolph and Corey Brewer. Because Dumbtoni decided to keep a short rotation and use these fools rather than the two listed above. We would have a GREAT team right now if it weren't for Dumbtoni. Seriously. I'm sure Walsh is counting his blessings that he's outta here.

It seems like the Knicks are a cursed franchise.It explains how the Bulls some how get Thibodeau (A potential hall of fame coach) even though they were pursuing D'antoni and the Knicks get stuck with D'antoni.And how the Bulls draft Noah and Rose (two important pieces to a championship puzzle) while the Knicks end up drafting career role players like Toney Douglas, Channing Frye and Jordan Hill.