Gallinari is KILLING

Scribbles

Rotation player
Signed a 4 year 42mil contract extension and is dogging. He's looking like their franchise player.

LeFlume

All Star
The weight of New York is off his shoulders. Not everyone can make it in New York.

Don't matter what he does in Denver..He is not a Knick anymore..and he coulden't do it for us..so EFF HIM..

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
42 million dollars for 4 years is not a bad deal.

I'm not a fan of Gallinari, but he deserved a 30 million dollar extension. 42 million is only 3 million/yr overpayment.

It's not as bad as paying Amar'e Stoudemire a 5 year/100 million dollar contract.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Gallinaari

The weight of New York is off his shoulders. Not everyone can make it in New York.

Don't matter what he does in Denver..He is not a Knick anymore..and he coulden't do it for us..so EFF HIM..

And what precisely is Melo doing in New York? He certainly is not quite "making it" yet.

I watched the Denver game after the Knicks debacle in Cleveland. The feed was from Sacramento so the game came with the Sacramento announcers. One comment was that "Though they won't admit it, I bet the Knicks wish they had that trade back."

Gallinari will never have the offensive tools with which Melo is blessed, but he played a very nice game. He was doing fine in New York. He is only twenty-three. His game is maturing. He took only 12 shots. Twenty-one of his twenty-three points were in the first half and the bulk of those in the second quarter when he was put back in as Sacramento was getting close. The game was a blow-out in the second half and Gallo did not push for his stats. He passed very well, was totally unselfish and played very good defense.

I was never a fan of the Melo trade because I hated gutting the team for him. But he is now on our team. Lets embrace him. He is going through a rough patch probably because of minor but irritating injuries. He will get better. Hopefully too for Amare. Chandler is terrific.

We have an excellent front line -- at least on paper. But we have no one with point guard skills and no depth whatsoever. And things do not look good going forward. We have no first round pick this year, will not have one in 2014, and with Amare, Melo and Chandler on the payroll for the next four years we will have no cap space. We also have no trade assets. Wilson Chandler will be a restricted free agent. Denver would surely sign him if the price tag is only the full mid-level exception. They could then easily trade him for picks if they were to be getting close to luxury tax territory.

I am not a D'Antoni fan, but Red Holzman would have a tough time with this team. We are expecting perhaps too much from Baron, but I am hopeful. Unfortunately I do not see a team capable of handling Chicago, Miami, Oklahoma etc.

Every front office decision has been disastrous since Scott Layden took over as GM. The attempt to get LeBron made sense. He is iconic. Getting Amare probably helped in the pursuit of LeBron. After missing out on LeBron we made some typically egregious mistakes -- assembling stars without considering chemistry and effectively eliminating future flexibility. I would like to know precisely what Walsh's position was. But he is not blameless. The Jordan Hill pick was horrendous, particularly when we were in dire need of a point guard. Jennings, Holiday and Lawson were all available. I do not believe there was a poster here who wanted Hill.

So far I am very disappointed. Not only is it bad basketball, it is also boring. I expect it to get better.

ill give him his credit, and I understand the anger towards whats going on with the knicks right now and how easy it is to dump it on that trade; but to be honest with you, I am not going to sit here and call gallinari a franchise anything. He is not capable of carrying a team deep into the playoffs ( that is what franchise player does ) he is playing very well in a system that offensively gives every one the opportunity to score. by 17 ppg 31 pct from three isnt exactly franchise like

however, he does have the potential to become an elite scorer in this league; but hes not there yet.

Lets try to focus more on whats going on with our team than the denver nuggets

I get sick and tired of these half @ss knicks fans rooting for other players to do well on other teams,

get it through your head

our problems do not lie in a trade made, but lie in our coach

Why we keep trying to pretend its carmelo anthonys fault or amares fault or any one elses is beyond me

there is a reason why the denver nuggets have been able to continue winning after melo got traded and its called George Karl

and there is a reason why the suns were able to continue winning with out mike dantoni with AMARE still on the suns, went to the western conference finals

because dantoni had very little to do with the success they had during his tenure.

and yes I will turn every thread into a FIRE MIke DANTONI thread

BECAUSE I LOATHE AND DESPISE THE MAN THAT MUCH

petescud

Starter
Compared to the contracts we paid, Gallo is a steal at that amount. Remember though, aside from seriously overpaying for Amar'e, the Anthony trade was all Dolan. So now we are a .500 club. We were a .575 club and exciting to watch before Melo

I have no regrets getting his ass out of here. He's Denver problem now. They want to pay him that money for inconsistancy, fine...just as long as we are not doing it. This is good news actually, lets me know that he will never sneak into a Knicks jersey again.

btw,I thought this was a Knicks board.... there should be no cocksucking allowed...the slurping noises can be a bit annoying.

iSaYughh

Starter
He's Denver problem now. They want to pay him that money for inconsistancy, fine...just as long as we are not doing it. This is good news actually, lets me know that he will never sneak into a Knicks jersey again.

larry-and-jeff.jpg

42 million dollars for 4 years is not a bad deal.

I'm not a fan of Gallinari, but he deserved a 30 million dollar extension. 42 million is only 3 million/yr overpayment.

It's not as bad as paying Amar'e Stoudemire a 5 year/100 million dollar contract.

Exactly my thoughts.

$10 million a year seems quite resonable for Gallo the way he'S playing in Denver. $20 million a year for Stoudemire on the other hand is insane, he's not twice as good as Gallo to keep it simple.

Don't get me wrong, Gallo is no world beater but $100 million for Stoudemire......oh Donnie you were a good GM, but why in the world????

After 20 games this season I'd rather pay Tyson CHandler $100 million than SToudemire or Melo to be honest. He's been better than both of them......and he has a ring.

Forrest17

Rotation player
ill give him his credit, and I understand the anger towards whats going on with the knicks right now and how easy it is to dump it on that trade; but to be honest with you, I am not going to sit here and call gallinari a franchise anything. He is not capable of carrying a team deep into the playoffs ( that is what franchise player does ) he is playing very well in a system that offensively gives every one the opportunity to score. by 17 ppg 31 pct from three isnt exactly franchise like

however, he does have the potential to become an elite scorer in this league; but hes not there yet.

Lets try to focus more on whats going on with our team than the denver nuggets

I get sick and tired of these half @ss knicks fans rooting for other players to do well on other teams,

get it through your head

our problems do not lie in a trade made, but lie in our coach

Why we keep trying to pretend its carmelo anthonys fault or amares fault or any one elses is beyond me

there is a reason why the denver nuggets have been able to continue winning after melo got traded and its called George Karl

and there is a reason why the suns were able to continue winning with out mike dantoni with AMARE still on the suns, went to the western conference finals

because dantoni had very little to do with the success they had during his tenure.

and yes I will turn every thread into a FIRE MIke DANTONI thread

BECAUSE I LOATHE AND DESPISE THE MAN THAT MUCH

It also lies in that Amar'e and Melo are overpayed and we literally can't sign any quality talent now because we have zero cap room.

and an MLE player isn't going to do anything. We are going to be picking from the bottom of the garbage pile with minimum deals until one of their contracts are gone.

It doesn't matter who we get as coach honestly, this isn't a championship team even with a better coach. Sure our record might be better, we might play better, get to the second round.. but it won't matter. I want a team that can make moves, and can compete and has the hope of getting better if things don't go right in the next season. We can't do that. The fact that we have no draft pics for like, the next 10 years doesn't help either.

They started to build a big 3 trying to compete with the Heat, and when they couldn't get Chris Paul, they did a smart thing and went out and got Tyson Chandler. He fills a need and gives us an edge over other teams, rather than a big name with flaws that sells more tickets. He actually has a ring and was a huge reason as to why that team finally got one.

So Idk, even if we get Phil Jackson as our coach, it will make us better, but not that much so it doesn't really matter. We have no guards and nothing to trade, no room to sign, and no picks to draft any quality ones. So slight variations of this team is pretty much what we are stuck with.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Exactly my thoughts.

$10 million a year seems quite resonable for Gallo the way he'S playing in Denver. $20 million a year for Stoudemire on the other hand is insane, he's not twice as good as Gallo to keep it simple.

Don't get me wrong, Gallo is no world beater but $100 million for Stoudemire......oh Donnie you were a good GM, but why in the world????

After 20 games this season I'd rather pay Tyson CHandler $100 million than SToudemire or Melo to be honest. He's been better than both of them......and he has a ring.
Don't know about being worth more than Carmelo, but at least he brings effort consistently, and fills a big need. Stoudemire needs to wake up.

Wargames

Starter
Good for Gallo. My question is does this decrease the chance that the nuggets will extend Wilson Chandler?