Big mistake

Hayato

Benchwarmer
trading gallo instead of fields. gallo couldve had a shawne williams type role or even tried to be the SG..fields is subpar and i wouldve much rather kept gallo at this point than fields. not to mention we NEED a 3 point shooter after letting williams walk out the door

nyk_nyk

All Star
trading gallo instead of fields. gallo couldve had a shawne williams type role or even tried to be the SG..fields is subpar and i wouldve much rather kept gallo at this point than fields. not to mention we NEED a 3 point shooter after letting williams walk out the door

Could've, would've, should've...

Doesn't matter anymore, what's done is done. Time to move on man.

joegti10

Banned

Welcome to Knicks basketball, enjoy your stay.

Hayato

Benchwarmer
im just surprised they moved gallo over fields considering gallo was d'antonis guy and he desperately wanted to play in ny or nj

iSaYughh

Starter
Denver didn't want Fields...... It was either Gallo and Chanlder with etc or no deal, there was no choice of Gallo or Fields.

You sure?

I remember it always being phrased that WE said "you can have Gallo or Fields"

DEN obviously chose Gallo.

But it didn't seem like they were demanding it. We just offered them that choice, from the outset; and furthermore didn't even look to leverage giving them that choice.

Of course DEN was going to select Gallo. But if we said negotiated from the outset with it firmly being Fields, then at the last hour say, it's still Fields...BUT, we will also now throw in Moz AND let you get a Felton/Billups swap....

DEN either accepts (and I think there's a pretty decent chance they would), or they don't....And we walk away looking like men to the league and other GMs, and either snap up Melo in the off-season, and *if* he still gets dealt *and* truly signs with Jersey, we turn out attention to CP3/Deron etc.

Also, it's very easy to SAY what you are willing to do, when we are just acquiscing left and right and negotiating so weakly.

EG, Melo saying he'd prolly be willing to sign with Jersey...DEN saying they'd accept a NJ offer if we didn't close a deal, etc etc.

You sure?

I remember it always being phrased that WE said "you can have Gallo or Fields"

DEN obviously chose Gallo.

But it didn't seem like they were demanding it. We just offered them that choice, from the outset; and furthermore didn't even look to leverage giving them that choice.

Of course DEN was going to select Gallo. But if we said negotiated from the outset with it firmly being Fields, then at the last hour say, it's still Fields...BUT, we will also now throw in Moz AND let you get a Felton/Billups swap....

DEN either accepts (and I think there's a pretty decent chance they would), or they don't....And we walk away looking like men to the league and other GMs, and either snap up Melo in the off-season, and *if* he still gets dealt *and* truly signs with Jersey, we turn out attention to CP3/Deron etc.

Also, it's very easy to SAY what you are willing to do, when we are just acquiscing left and right and negotiating so weakly.

EG, Melo saying he'd prolly be willing to sign with Jersey...DEN saying they'd accept a NJ offer if we didn't close a deal, etc etc.
Lol idk bro..... I always remembered Denver not wanting Fields and them thinking Gallo was a much more solid replacement for Melo because he had a higher ceiling. Plus I think they already knew we wouldn't part with Fields because then we would have been left with a glaring hole at SG. Trading Gallo was more of a swap for Melo since they play the same position.

CoolClyde

should've

i'm tired of getting should upon...

Gallinero.jpg

iSaYughh

Starter
Lol idk bro..... I always remembered Denver not wanting Fields and them thinking Gallo was a much more solid replacement for Melo because he had a higher ceiling. Plus I think they already knew we wouldn't part with Fields because then we would have been left with a glaring hole at SG. Trading Gallo was more of a swap for Melo since they play the same position.

Lol I mean, I know what *they* want. :) I'm just saying, just because some team wants us to do something, we don't necessarily have to operate like we must invariably bend over for them, or that they can't have their minds changed and their wills bent.

Chandler plays same position as Melo, too.

But ya, maybe we actually did look at Fields and Gallo as equals in that trade (I wouldn't hold it past the insanity of this franchise), and reasoned like you said...we'd have a hole at SG.

Had a dream couple days ago, Puffy and Spike bought us from MSG network and hired Phil Jackson as GM and Jeff Van Gundy as head coach.

We somehow cleared our roster and got away with the first pick in 2012 and selected Harrison Barnes.....he won 3 rings as Knicks team captain, 2 MVPs, 3 Finals-Mvps and was inducted into the HOF by 2030 :thumbsup:

Ain't that sweet?