How do we really feel about the Knicks future?

c0leworld

Benchwarmer
I see tons of articles about Knicks not being able to coexist, Knicks needing to start over, etc. etc. etc.

Let's face it. We've seen moments of greatness with this team. I truly believe Melo and Amar'e can play together. They've done it before and can do it again.

Truthfully, I believe that we need three things for this team to be a beast:

a) a new coach. I don't think D'antoni is bad by any means, I just don't think he can handle stars. D'Antoni doesn't know how to scream at his players and get the most out of them. If stoudemire or Melo are slouching around, D'antoni will not say a word. He's a ****ing pussy and that's the major problem. Phil Jackson slaps Pau Gasol, calls him soft, and would get the most out of his players. D'Antoni basically tells Stoudemire and Melo to play however they want. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong. With a powerful coach who the players respect, things will change. Not to mention we'll get better plays, etc and a new refreshing look at the Knicks (depending if the coach is good)

b) a point guard - Baron Davis is our 'savior' for now. I think Baron Davis will be good for the knicks. He's a great player and he truly feels happy and blessed to be on the Knicks. Hopefully he isn't talking out of his ass. If he can stay healthy, god bless him, he will help our team.

c) a few decent bench players -- our bench is horrendous. We literally have no one. I really would give JJ some minutes at least. And Novak for instant offense Otherwise the rest suck. We need to sign some decent bench players when we can. K-Mart in March would be great. Maybe if Wilson Chandler comes back...who knows. We just need some decent guys.

With a good coach, a good PG, and some decent bench players, we WILL be a force in the NBA. Amar'e and Melo WILL play together. They need a guide. What I see from the Knicks now is Amar'e and Melo trying to each do everything themselves. THEY NEED FLOW. A PG will def help, as well as a new coach that will view the team as a whole and figure out the best way to play for everyone.

clumsy

Rotation player
I'll leave my judgements until i see Baron play...but this dude has never been a great player in his career. He is exciting to watch however.

One thing I've read today (and I checked it and it's true) is:

Amare Stoudemire currently has a worse PER than Anthony Randolph...yes THAT ANthony Randolph.

Make of that what you want. I've talked plenty about how I see our future, no need to do it again.

Just wanted to post that fact, though it's not 100% on-topic, but it's remarkable, ain't it?

skisloper

Starter

Amare Stoudemire currently has a worse PER than Anthony Randolph...yes THAT ANthony Randolph.

Make of that what you want. I've talked plenty about how I see our future, no need to do it again.

Just wanted to post that fact, though it's not 100% on-topic, but it's remarkable, ain't it?

Dude show Amare respect.

KingofNy

Starter

Our team would be pretty good right now if we still had Anthony Randolph and Corey Brewer. D'Antoni didn't have any use for them though last year. Currently, he's doing the same to Lin, Jordan and Novak. F this coach, GTFO NY D'Antoni!

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I have yet to see Baros Davis take the court. As it stands, the Chandler deal is not paying dividends. If it doesn't get better after Davis takes the floor, then I think the Knicks have a wash of a season.

Baron Davis is supposed to give us a damn starting-5. Not a starting-3-and-a-half. A full five starters. We have a bench. A good bench. We need starters!

Wargames

Starter
I have yet to see Baros Davis take the court. As it stands, the Chandler deal is not paying dividends. If it doesn't get better after Davis takes the floor, then I think the Knicks have a wash of a season.

Baron Davis is supposed to give us a damn starting-5. Not a starting-3-and-a-half. A full five starters. We have a bench. A good bench. We need starters!

Chandler is the best player on the Knicks right now..... Stat and Melo are playing like Shameball All Stars... But Like I've said before you got to go through the motions before you make any unneeded trades. The knicks haven't won a trade in like forever.....

petescud

Starter
One things for sure, i hope they truly think things out, instead of just making moves. Seems like Making moves has made us a team with a few All Stars that don't compliment each other and no one to run the show. I think the Knicks would had been better off keeping their core from last year, and spending the big bucks on Chris Paul. Thats water under the bridge now.

I'm sure they can still salvage a good team out of keeping 50% of our players. Maybe try moving Melo or STAT for 2 really good players. I always was a fan of 2 for 1. How about something like STAT for Ryan Anderson and Mo Williams in a 3 way trade. STAT would look/play great with Magic and we could fill 2 needs. Or maybe trade Melo for 3 players to fill needs, if things don't work out with a new coach

KingofNy

Starter
With Davis it looks brighter, with Mike D it looks like an inevitable collapse.

What's funny is a ton of Knicks fans are relying on Baron to be our savior, but it's going to be too late with this coach. What's going to happen next year when we don't do sh*t this season and possibly not even make the playoffs? Do you guys think he's going to want to stay? HELL NO. He's looking for a ring and that sh*t aint happening with us unless we get a REAL coach that knows how to use our players to the BEST of their abilities, not chucking 3's. Next year we're going to have to start all over again. ugh.