Play Lin

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
Reasons:

1-For people who think Baron Davis will come in and solve our PG situation is delusional.

BD haven't even play a NBA games in quiet a while, he need time to adjust and with the compact season, its going to be hard on his already worn down body.

2-We need a PG who is willing to run the offense, not a SG playing in PG spot.

3-What we got to lose? Obisouly our current PG situation is not working, why not give Lin a shot at running point.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
D'Antoni said something like: "I was looking for someone to run plays and get the guys open, but it didn't happen", this guy is just clueless, 6 dishes within 20 minutes, I don't remember when I saw a Knick getting 5+ assists within such a short period of playing time...

skisloper

Starter
He also had 2 nice rebounds in which he actually boxed out.....
He was able to get the to the hoop and I am sure with a little time he may convert more then he misses..

Truth is we Lose with TD at the point. We lose with Iman at the point.

Lets try Lin, Fields, Melo, Amare and Chandler...

D'Antoni said something like: "I was looking for someone to run plays and get the guys open, but it didn't happen", this guy is just clueless, 6 dishes within 20 minutes, I don't remember when I saw a Knick getting 5+ assists within such a short period of playing time...

I don't think Lin played that well tbh. Better than Douglas? Maybe, but he doesn't look like he can run this offense either.

6 assists in garbage time don't mean much, I wouldn't read too much into it. He tries to be a passt first PG, that much is obvious but he's so limited talent-wise...I honestly don't think he can make it in this league. His effort and commitment are great, but I don't think that's enough in his case.

unloopme

Benchwarmer
I agree that we might be seeing those 6 dimes in 20 min in an optimistic light. Lin also had some WTF moments in those 20 minutes. But the sad fact is, he's the only true(pass first) PG on this team.

I love ShumpShump without question, and TD can be a great spark off the bench, but we're not doing either of them any favors by applying this type of pressure with expectations of them running the point.

I'd just like to see Lin get a few more meaningful minutes to get a good look at him...what is there to lose? I feel the same about Jordan, but pringles has always had a short bench so it ain't happening. He's going to grind this team into the ground before we even get a chance to develop some chemistry.

KingofNy

Starter
Lin should without a doubt take ALL of Douglas' minutes. He's the only true PG we have that's not 50 and still has game.

(For all those that like calling me out, I was being sarcastic about Bibby being 50.)

skisloper

Starter
I don't think Lin played that well tbh. Better than Douglas? Maybe, but he doesn't look like he can run this offense either.

6 assists in garbage time don't mean much, I wouldn't read too much into it. He tries to be a passt first PG, that much is obvious but he's so limited talent-wise...I honestly don't think he can make it in this league. His effort and commitment are great, but I don't think that's enough in his case.

Lin not having an outside shot is a huge plus......we do not need anymore outside shots...drive and pass...drive and shoot....I dont even care if we miss...

Just cannot watch another outside shot and see only the opposing team in the box when the rebound falls.

KingofNy

Starter
Lin not having an outside shot is a huge plus......we do not need anymore outside shots...drive and pass...drive and shoot....I dont even care if we miss...

Just cannot watch another outside shot and see only the opposing team in the box when the rebound falls.

Exactly! +1. Lin not having an outside shot is probably the best thing about him. He looks to drive and pass, something Douglas and Bibby don't know sh*t about. Lin looks like an actual NBA point guard, not these SG's of ours that try to be a PG but just end up turning the ball over and chucking up covered shots.

tiger0330

Legend

Exactly, watching D-Rose slashing to the basket and bringing the Bulls back from 11 down against the Heat is how the game should be played. Still don't think Lin is the answer but Baron in his prime was one of the best finishing PGs in the league and he was the catalyst of Nellie ball when he was with the Warriors. We can only hope.

skisloper

Starter
He is far from the answer but thats how F'in BAD we are that he should start and then come off the bench for Davis....

Knowing Dantonio LIN wont play at all Tuesday or be set to the D League so he does not have to hear crap from anyone....

I Hope LIN starts Tuesday....The adrenaline alone will carry him over....

Paul1355

All Star
Reasons:

1-For people who think Baron Davis will come in and solve our PG situation is delusional.

BD haven't even play a NBA games in quiet a while, he need time to adjust and with the compact season, its going to be hard on his already worn down body.

2-We need a PG who is willing to run the offense, not a SG playing in PG spot.

3-What we got to lose? Obisouly our current PG situation is not working, why not give Lin a shot at running point.

I agree. Lin has to get some playing time.

Bibby, Shumpert and Douglas are terrible point guards and can't run an offense. I can not trust Douglas at all, Shumpert is ok but should not be in there for more than a couple minutes at the point, he starts to play like Douglas and not attacking the rim and Bibby just keeps missing open shots.

Lin had 9 points, 3 rebounds, and 6 ASSISTS in one half. The other knick PG's can't produce those numbers in one half...sadly.

Lin is more a pure PG than what we have.

He will make mistakes and a few dumb turnovers but he can run a decent offense.

Play Lin with Amare and watch Amare just play better.

I AM SHOCKED THAT LIN HAS NEVER PRACITCED WITH AMARE AND CHANDLER. SHOULDNT EVERY PG GET SOME PRACTICE TIME WITH AMARE AND CHANDLER!?!!??!

KingofNy

Starter
Lin plays awesome again tonight against Detroit's starters and basically showcases how bad of a coach D'Antoni really is. In 10 minutes, he's done more than Dogulas has done the season combined yet Douglas gets 23+ minutes a game. He drives, dishes, steals passes crisply and accurately, and knows how to finish at the basket.

Somebody please tell me why he's not getting Douglas' minutes? Somebody please try to say I'm wrong, I gotta hear this.

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
Lin plays awesome again tonight against Detroit's starters and basically showcases how bad of a coach D'Antoni really is. In 10 minutes, he's done more than Dogulas has done the season combined yet Douglas gets 23+ minutes a game. He drives, dishes, steals passes crisply and accurately, and knows how to finish at the basket.

Somebody please tell me why he's not getting Douglas' minutes? Somebody please try to say I'm wrong, I gotta hear this.

asiantattoo.jpg

pakopako

Benchwarmer
it cant get any worse ,he`s the only true PG on the team

But the question is -- will he be traded before the deadline or before next season? I really do like having a decent young PG on the team. Bibby does count as a PG, but he's way too past his prime. Lin is a great fit and would really pay dividends in the long run.

Yeah, Knicks and long-term planning don't mix well. Hence the question of when he'll be gone.