Sixers want Amare

I don't know what kind of credibility this guy below has, but If we traded Amare it would only be for Evan Turner and future draft picks I would break something. D'Antoni probably wouldn't even play the guy and we'd end up giving him away for nothing like Corey Brewer and Anthony Randolph. smh

Evan Massey @EMasseyReport #Knicks reportedly listened to #Sixers offer for Amare. It involves Evan Turner and picks according to multiple sources.
Hell to the **** naw....

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It amazes me how guys who showed loyalty to Stephon Marbuary who was basically an extension of Isiah Thomas and all that he stood for on the court and did nothing to turn us to a winner show no patience for Stat!

Stat is playing bad so far, but he has also shown flashes of how good he is, players slump, it happens!

I'm not against a trade that improves our team....yet trading Stat because of a slow start is ignorant

Stat was an All NBA 2nd team player and now Jrue Holliday and Andre Igudola is asking too much for him?

Iggy is too valuable to Philly for what he does for that team on the defensive side of the ball which is why they would not trade him for anyone not named Lebron, but it is not due to him being better than Stat

If Dwight is traded to another team, New Jersey will gladly take Amare for D Will straight up!

So on the subject of trading him to Philly....I would ask for Elton Brand and Jrue Holliday just to get the conversations going

:agreed: Mike Antoni has Melo looking like Jello.

I want Antoni and Walsh off the team. Then the Knicks will start winning.

KBlack25

Starter
Amare for Evan Turner and picks wtf? That's it? No Meeks or Williams at LEAST?

Hell no to Evan Turner.

True story: when he was a freshman at Ohio State he was practicing free throws. Someone threw him a pass in a way he didn't like, he threw a temper tantrum and stormed out of the gym.

He had similar issues as a rookie. He is poison.

Wargames

Starter
Hell no to Evan Turner.

True story: when he was a freshman at Ohio State he was practicing free throws. Someone threw him a pass in a way he didn't like, he threw a temper tantrum and stormed out of the gym.

He had similar issues as a rookie. He is poison.

yeah that sounds about right for the deals teams would offer right now. A potential headcase, a wash up maxed player, and probably low/mid 20 picks. The worse part is this might lead to Amare playing worse just because of the added stress.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Unless it's for Howard, I don't want STAT traded, and I think bailing on him after last season's effort is WAY too soon, and devoid of loyalty. But that's just my approach.

I want him under the tutelage and game plan of another coach, that's not appeased by fairy-like, perimeter basketball, as his game is coming together now, but he's stranded on his own as a scorer, with little game plan helping his cause.

If we're to trade one of our high salary players, get rid of Melo. Get back as much as we can - not that it's possible in a desperation trade - because out of our Big 3, only one of them whines on the floor, and is satisfied with their misplacement in the team's approach.

Things have been awry since Me-lo arrived, and if someone demands to come in to my house and starts ruining the vibe, I kick them the **** out.

ari-gold-o.gif

CA7

Scoring Champ
Carmelo Anthony is our best player and you want to trade him, D'Antoni has 2 Al Stars, The 2nd best defensive center who stands at 7'1, an athletic freak of a rookie, one of the best shooters in the league, and solid role players who should be doing better then what they are and you wanna trade Melo......this is bullshit, the guy hasn't played the last 2 games and we still have the same problems yet you still blame him.........thats the bull shit around him I'm talking about

metrocard

Legend
Carmelo Anthony is our best player and you want to trade him, D'Antoni has 2 Al Stars, The 2nd best defensive center who stands at 7'1, an athletic freak of a rookie, one of the best shooters in the league, and solid role players who should be doing better then what they are and you wanna trade Melo......this is bullshit, the guy hasn't played the last 2 games and we still have the same problems yet you still blame him.........thats the bull shit around him I'm talking about

Amare isn't an all star this year.

One of the best shooters in the league? Who's that? Def not on the Knicks.

petescud

Starter
I'd do Holiday and Iggy for STAT and a throw in (Fields-Douglas-one of our other losers) as i think it covers more of our needs...

Paul1355

All Star

First get a new coach, then we'll see.

But if this trade were to go down I would want it done like this

76ers get Amare, Douglas, Balkman

Knicks get Jrue Holiday, Andre Iguadola, 1st round pick, Nicola Vucevic, and Jodie Meeks

Trade works for both sides....Philley get there go to scorer and gives Williams and Young the starting roles they have deserved for over a year. Amare is the "man" like he was last year for us before the Melo trade. Bench is not as good but they get Amare.

Knicks have a legit PG with Melo as "the man" and solid players around him. Our bench gets better.

76ers starting lineup is now: Lou Williams, Turner, Young, Amare, Hawes
bench: Douglas, Nocioni, Battie, Balkman,

Knicks starting lineup: Holiday, Iguadola, Melo, Harrelson, Chandler

bench: Meeks, Shumpert, Fields, Davis, Vucevic,

http://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/6009463

You can always add a 3rd team to get Brand traded somewhere since he is on the last year of his deal, he is finally a trade chip. And we can throw in Bill Walker or Fields in the trade.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
No team wants Amare right now he's playing terrible, about to be 30, and his contract is huge. The most you can hope for is a turn around sometime this year for him

Wargames

Starter
No team wants Amare right now he's playing terrible, about to be 30, and his contract is huge. The most you can hope for is a turn around sometime this year for him

idk a team like philly wants a star for the same reason Dolan wanted a star. As a draw for the crowd to sell tickets. They have the winning record but are the number 3 possibly 4 team in their city. Also they've wanted Amare for years and they're offense is made for getting fast points. Brand slows them down.

I do agree with other posters this is a story to think about as the trade deadline gets closer and the Knicks have taken care of their coaching situation. Its too soon to trade Amare. Even the tone of the story sounds like the 76ers threw this offer out there so that if the Knicks do decide to trade Amare they know that the 76ers are willing to negotiate.

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
idk a team like philly wants a star for the same reason Dolan wanted a star. As a draw for the crowd to sell tickets. They have the winning record but are the number 3 possibly 4 team in their city. Also they've wanted Amare for years and they're offense is made for getting fast points. Brand slows them down.

I do agree with other posters this is a story to think about as the trade deadline gets closer and the Knicks have taken care of their coaching situation. Its too soon to trade Amare. Even the tone of the story sounds like the 76ers threw this offer out there so that if the Knicks do decide to trade Amare they know that the 76ers are willing to negotiate.

You do have some good points especially the tickets factor but idk if Philly would take such a risk

shizzee

Benchwarmer
loyal fans time to let go of stat the suns did

Beside Tom Chambers suns most talent PF ever and they let him go! Do you think they are kicking themselves. He did so much more for them than us. Why are you guy so caught up about what he did for us for 1/2 season. Let it go, its either Melo or Stat. You already know the better choice to get rid of Stat.

Sixers get Stat Douglas Walker (sixers get their guy)
Knicks Lou-wlil Jackson Blatche 1.7 exception
Bucks get Iggy (they can' stand Jackson)
Pistons get Delfino Balkman 1 mil excpetion (cut payroll)

sign rasheed 4.2 mil 1 yr

You can't tell me this isn't better team

BD Jackson Melo Blatche Chandler
Lou Shumpert Fields Jeffries Wallace
Jort Lin IR Jordan

Wargames

Starter
You do have some good points especially the tickets factor but idk if Philly would take such a risk

it looks like they're willing to since they made the opening offer. I'm not going to lie its not the worse deal out there if Philly adds another player & Pick but like I said it too early. The team is dysfunctional but that dysfunction starts with the coach and ends with the lack of PG's on the team.