Sick of hearing about Denver

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
When is it gonna get through to you people that we couldn't have kept Gallo AND Chandler?

Did you forget Felton's play after a couple of months?

Did you not know that Felton was traded by Denver?

Did you know Gallanari was inconsistent and he WASN'T a great shooter (if you thought this, you were influenced by D'Antoni who called him the greatest shooter he's ever seen even though he coached Nash).

Tyson Chandler is way better than Mozgov.

Baron Davis is way better than Felton and is better than Billups for this team.

Melo helps Amar'e. Could you imagine Amar'e continuing to be the only guy carrying the team like he did (Felton helped a lot, but not on the level Amar'e did). D'Antoni can't get the current group of guys to play smart, and if Amar'e is being that lazy, then it's making it worse, either way, D'Antoni is terrible. Even though Amar'e needs to be more aggressive and not stand around the three point line, Harrellson was doing that too. This coach wouldn't surprise me if he's constantly telling our PFs to do this. JEFFRIES IS TAKING THREES.

We have the MLE in the off-season. We have Kenyon Martin and J.R. Smith wanting to play for us this season. More depth in those two including defense in Martin.

Our problems was not drafting guys such as Jennings. It would not surprise me one bit that Gallo was drafted because of who his godfather is.

About Melo and isos, Melo and Iverson won 50 or so games in one or two seasons, without Birdman and maybe Nene. This is NOT Melo and two guys who need the ball a lot. Give me a break. Melo has his flaws, but he was the one busting his ass for us and got us the few wins we have and tries to get teammates involved. Injuries made him not play the same. Of course, you praised Gallo's game instead. That trade gave us Anthony Carter who was very good on both sides of the floor for us and of course that idiot D'Antoni didn't play him in the Playoffs 'till near the end of the 3rd quarter in game 4 even though he should have started him when Billups was out.

Lastly, at least for this post, f*** off with this "Denver Knicks". We're fans of the NEW YORK KNICKS. Using the Knicks' name with any other place is disrespectful and disgusting. I don't care how bad we're playing. We'll win another championship before those bitches ever win one. If you're gonna support a former Knicks team root for the Warriors and Blazers who have David Lee, Marcus Camby, and Kurt Thomas. Like making Denver look better than they are, stop making Isiah Thomas look better than he was. We have the potential to blow Denver out of the water, Isiah sucked, and D'Antoni sucks.

Last edited:

CoolClyde

"Lastly, at least for this post, f*** off with this "Denver Knicks."

I prefer "K N I G G E T S"

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Davis hasn't played yet.

Chandler is better than Mozgov but Chandler also isn't durable, hasn't played a back to back season with 75+ games since 2007. Would of been nice to keep Mozgov as a back up.

Melo negates Amare. Amare stats went down in all major categories. Knicks got worse as a team, Denver got better. Check the game logs, the proof is in the pudding.

Peep this quote:

A GM tells @KBergCBS that Amare and Carmelo are a bad fit. That's a common view among GMs and scouts I've spoken to.

Of note: Every scout and GM I've talked to about Knicks' struggles has cited poor roster, Melo/Amare dynamic. None have cited coaching.

CA7

Scoring Champ
speak the truth my friend and metrocard are those the same people who said LeBron and Wade couldn't play together........I'll wait

metrocard

Legend
speak the truth my friend and metrocard are those the same people who said LeBron and Wade couldn't play together........I'll wait

LeBron and Wade are top 5 players, play defense and can pass.

Amare and Melo are in the 15-20 range, weak defense and kill ball movement.

Totally different situation.

CA7

Scoring Champ
LeBron and Wade are top 5 players, play defense and can pass.

Amare and Melo are in the 15-20 range, weak defense and kill ball movement.

Totally different situation.

no it isn't, 1st off Melo is top 10, STAT is top 15, 2nd off they have the dumbest coach in the NBA. It takes time and the right pieces around them for it work.

Cut the shit like when they start playing well and the team is rollin you wont be proud. If you cant deal with rain dont come out when the sun is shinin

metrocard

Legend
no it isn't, 1st off Melo is top 10, STAT is top 15, 2nd off they have the dumbest coach in the NBA. It takes time and the right pieces around them for it work.

Cut the shit like when they start playing well and the team is rollin you wont be proud. If you cant deal with rain dont come out when the sun is shinin

I got alot of guys over Melo...I dont feel like going through it, Melo def isn't top ten all around.

It takes time? Right. Its 20 games into a 66 game season. Don't give me this bullshit on game 40. We acquired these guys to win now, not "take time". We're not the T'Wolves. Acquiring 3 max players in 2-3 years...and you cry time? Really?

CA7

Scoring Champ
I got alot of guys over Melo...I dont feel like going through it, Melo def isn't top ten all around.

It takes time? Right. Its 20 games into a 66 game season. Don't give me this bullshit on game 40. We acquired these guys to win now, not "take time". We're not the T'Wolves. Acquiring 3 max players in 2-3 years...and you cry time? Really?

1st off they got a coach who isn't making things easier, so they always collide on the court, get a better coach who can make them work better together.

Honestly I dont see how you can blame Melo its no where near his fault that we are this bad

metrocard

Legend
The whole point with the Nuggets was that they tried the whole superstar route--it didn't work. It looked like teams were going in the direction of trying to get 2-3 superstars and try to win a championship. That wasn't going to happen in Denver, so they went a different direction.

At this point, Gallo = Melo.

Toons

is the Bo$$
denver who??? we have melo and jr....they have gallo and mosgov. clearly a win for the knicks

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Deadass, I still wouldn't make that deal. It was unnecessary.

You wouldn't make the Melo deal?

Cause if not you know this team would never go anywhere significant, ppl are underrating the hell outta Melo because of his poor start so far he's still a top 5 offensive player.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
Denver dropped to like the 7th spot in the Eastern conference all the Hooblah about how good they are is irrelevant. Basically we gave up.. wilson, Galanari, and Mozgov for Carmelo.

Tyson Chandler hands down replaces Mozgov

Melo hands down replaces Gallanari

JR replaces wilson as the 6th man

Now lets see Gallanari is injured and we see how bad they are sucking without him. Wilson chandler is still in china, though he may opt out soon (rumor), Felton is gone to Portland. Mozgov is Injured well, last time i watched the nuggets i saw Mozgov injured not sure if he still is but, the nuggets are knickless at the moment

at the end of the day

We have the nuggets 2 best shooters in JR, Melo

and Kenyon martin is gone to the clippers

if anything i say the knicks won this deal

Eman

Benchwarmer
It's amazing how two weeks ago the Nuggets were in a much better position than us, and now we've stormed on ahead.

KingofNy

Starter
Denver is good because they have depth and a good coach. Those are two things we've lacked. At least the depth problem should be fixed after the all-star break.

metrocard

Legend
A healthy Denver team is an elite team, they would do that deal over and over.

Danilo is a better fit in this system, is younger and cheaper and a better defender/shooter/ball mover/tougher than Melo. We never needed Melo, just bought into the hype like bunch of desperate virgins.

and Mozgov never turned into Chandler. We could of have both Tyson and Moz.

Tyson is in the top 3-5 category for minutes played by a 7 footer. He's solid as a rock, but he's going to need his rest soon, especially in this scheduele tight and packed season. An injured Chandler, it'll be very hard to win.

Shout to Chandler tho, if you watch closely, he does a great job of playing strong and tough while avoiding injury.