Big Talk continues to spur forth.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Despite all of that (and delusionally, some would say) (Tyson) Chandler still believes the Knicks ? if healthy ? can win a title.

ap-201201282136777863077.jpg

?In all honestly, I still feel like this is a team that can win a championship. I feel like we definitely have the pieces,? Chandler said on Monday. ?I feel like we haven?t come together yet. It?s a process ? I feel like guys are going to have to step up and play roles that they are not necessarily used to. We get everybody back healthy, we get everybody on the floor at one time, then we?ll see what we got.?

http://www.hoopsworld.com/chandler-knicks-can-still-win-the-title

These boys continue to talk big and produce nothing. It's been another imbalance all season. Plenty of talk with a slight modicum of walk since the end of game one against Boston this year.

Chandler has played his role as expected. If anything, I feel sorry for him as a recent champion that's stepped in to this horrible mess.

I agree that we have the pieces. I don't agree that there is even a remote likelihood of us winning anything beyond 7th or 8th seed as we are now. At a stretch.

Best front-court in the NBA on paper. Worst front-court offensive approach in the NBA.

From head to toe, this team needs adjustments.

Wargames

Starter
Can we officially make Tyson the captain of the team. Could the fans vote on it or something. I feel the knicks would have had 3 more wins if Melo and STAT looked to Tyson for leadership and not peer guidance.

He is to me is the only one getting mad about losing because he refuses to be a loser. Amare and Melo on the other hand are questioning themselves and pouting.

Change up the playing style and we can make a run. D'Ant's coaching style is the main reason the Bockers are losing. All this talent and he refuses to use them to their best abilities.

Even the commentators struggle biting their tongues when watching the Knicks play.

I really grinned hard when I read the headline :smokin:

I have to admit though if there is one Knick out there who is allowed to talk the talk it's Tyson Chandler. I think he's played very well this season, he's got a ring AND he's been so much better than our second best player - it ain't even funny.

I'd give Chandler an A- so far this season and the second best player....well whoever that might be, maybe Harrelson? Maybe Fields due to his latest surge?

Anyway, the second best player wouldn't get more than a C+ from me so far.

Amar'e: E+
Melo: D-
Douglas: F
Bibby: D-

Oh and Chandler IS delusional :teeth:

A championship with Amar'e and Melo as so called 'superstars' on the team?

I'm really sorry for you Tyson, but that's not gonna happen. You really should have signed in Miami, resigned with Dallas or gone to a place like Indiana or Philly, where they just play the game, without all the hype about individual 'fake' superstars.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Right now Chandler is the best Knicks player. Amare's completely lost (however there were some signs of change), Carmelo has health issues and didn't play well lately... let's see how it all evolves...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
We Can't be this bad.

I was not a fan of the Melo trade, not because he is not a franchise player, but because we gutted our team to get him and at the same time severely limited future flexibility. And I am not a fan of D'Antoni, but I do not see anyone on the horizon that will make much of a difference this year.

I ignore all the trade chatter. I do not see any movement of our big three. Chandler is terrific. Amare' has a huge uninsured contract, and Melo is Melo. Our team is better than the one we have seen playing. It will surely improve, with or without a vintage Baron. I do not think, however, that we will be an elite team. We have no depth at all and we have little opportunity to improve. We have a problem if we expect Jeremy Lin to be an upgrade.

My disapointment in the Knicks and their current roster is that we cannot expect additional help.

I have been unable to find a complete text of the new CBA or some definitive indication as to the calculation of the salary cap going forward. I understand that for this year it is a pro-rated $58M, the same as last year. But the salary cap was always a function of Basketball Related Income ("BRI") and more specifically a function of the players' share of BRI. If that remains true going forward, then the salary cap going forward is likely to diminish because the players' share has been reduced significantly. At the same time, I have seen projections that suggest a salary cap for next year of $60M to $61M. Perhaps that is based on pro-rated BRI, because it would seem a shorter season would produce a smaller actual BRI.

Melo, Amare' and Chandler account, together, for just under $50M of the $58M salary cap. The next "big" earner is Balkman at $1.6M, then Shumpert at $1.5M and Douglas at $1.15M. Everyone else is at player or vet minimum amounts and below $1M. Going forward -- in 2012-13 our big three will earn $53M; in 2012-14, $57.3M and in 2014-15, $61.5M. There will be no room for free agents worth more than a mid level exception.

We have no draft pick in 2012 unless it is top 5 and none in 2014 unless it is top 1. Other than the big three and to some extent Shumpert, Fields Harrelson and Douglas, we have no assets.

This means that what we see is what we are going to get for the next few years. What we are currently seeing is really dismal and D'Antoni is only part of the problem. We will get better but I am afraid we are doomed to perhaps slightly better that 4 to 6 seeds.

Last edited:

KingCharles34

All Star
Can we officially make Tyson the captain of the team. Could the fans vote on it or something. I feel the knicks would have had 3 more wins if Melo and STAT looked to Tyson for leadership and not peer guidance.

He is to me is the only one getting mad about losing because he refuses to be a loser. Amare and Melo on the other hand are questioning themselves and pouting.

Im all for it, hes the only non p*ssy player we have