Kenyon Martin

KingofNy

Starter
During the Knicks game on TNT, I saw that K-Mart was finally cleared to sign with a team right now. Should we get him or go after a PG? I have no clue... I think with a different coach we can spell in Lin and have Kmart to replace Jeffries.

KingofNy

Starter
I came to a point in which the only move that I care about is D'antoni being fired.

True that... It's about to happen dude, be patient I know it's hard.

According to thedaily.com:

Sources say the team?s owner, Cablevision heir James Dolan, decided to fire D?Antoni last week after the Knicks lost to the mediocre Houston Rockets, their ninth loss in 10 games. ?But Dolan wants the least coverage possible, so he?ll do it right before the Super Bowl,? one source told Flash. After expected back-to-back losses to Chicago and Boston, Dolan will pull the trigger the day before the biggest sports event of the year, and replace D?Antoni with Mike Woodson, a favorite of Dolan?s shadow consigliere, Isiah Thomas.

knicksin60

Starter
True that... It's about to happen dude, be patient I know it's hard.

According to thedaily.com:

Sources say the team’s owner, Cablevision heir James Dolan, decided to fire D’Antoni last week after the Knicks lost to the mediocre Houston Rockets, their ninth loss in 10 games. “But Dolan wants the least coverage possible, so he’ll do it right before the Super Bowl,” one source told Flash. After expected back-to-back losses to Chicago and Boston, Dolan will pull the trigger the day before the biggest sports event of the year, and replace D’Antoni with Mike Woodson, a favorite of Dolan’s shadow consigliere, Isiah Thomas.

Unless I hear it from the mouth of a sober Dolan, I won't believe that D'antoni is being fired before his contract is expired. Someone would have to pinch me if I see it happening.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
if we have a chance to get sessions i say go for it, this team needs a PG badly even when baron comes back who knows which baron were getting. I think we should get sessions just in case. If we can find someway to get both that would be nice.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
I thought I saw somewhere that Miami offered him a contract. Any truth to that?
i saw on espn the heat made contract offers to Martin and przybilla. Its most likely true they did have interest in him and he is one of the teams he would of considered going to.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
baron/arenas/td
iverson/jr smith/shump
melo/fields/walker
stat/kmart/jorts
chandler/jerome

lol we sure wouldn't have a problem scoring

cut lin but what happens to novak,jeffries,balkman,bibby lol

minus arenas throw shump in at back up and we got ourselves a team he did well today at point with 8 assists

metrocard

Legend
This is how I feel about Kenyon Martin

gtfo_women_gif.gif

InGodsHands

Benchwarmer
Kenyon Martin said he will join a contender so he won't sign with us since only thing we contend for this year is a draft lottery.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Source: Clippers land Kenyon Martin

The Los Angeles Clippers have agreed to a deal with free-agent forward Kenyon Martin, a source told ESPNLosAngeles.com.

The former Denver forward, who reached a buyout agreement with the Xinjiang Guanghui Flying Tigers on Dec. 21 and was cleared by FIBA to return to the NBA two weeks ahead of schedule earlier this week, will make $2.5 million.

Martin, 34, also considered the Miami Heat, Atlanta Hawks, San Antonio Spurs, Los Angeles Lakers and New York Knicks.

Martin will come off the bench for the Clippers, but provide important depth at power forward behind Blake Griffin. At this point in his career he is seen primarily as a defender, but he is expected to play significant minutes for the Clippers, who were previously relying on Reggie Evans and Solomon Jones to back up Griffin and DeAndre Jordan.

That depth is key for a team heading into its toughest stretch of the season -- a six-game road trip at the beginning of February and and another six-game trip at the beginning of March. The Clippers, who lead the Pacific Division at 13-7, are scheduled to play 20 games in 30 days in March.

Signing Martin is something of a coup for the Clippers, who rarely have been seen as a destination for veterans looking to sign with a contender. But that's the impact point guards Chris Paul and Chauncey Billups have had on the organization this season.

Billups, who was Martin's teammate in Denver, played a lead role in recruiting him.

Martin met with the Clippers in early January and was told to watch their games and see if he thinks he would fit in, according to a team source.

The Clippers were only able to offer Martin their mini-mid-level exception or $2.5 million. Miami and the Lakers could have offered him only a minimum contract, while Atlanta and San Antonio could have offered more.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/...eles-clippers-agree-kenyon-martin-source-says

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
knew he was going to the clippers. the clippers are becoming a deep team loaded up with guards now loading up with more in the front court they'll be scary in the playoff's

KingofNy

Starter
It's no surprise he didn't want to play under D'Antoni and never see the court. D'Antoni kills forwards with a post game.