D'Antoni WILL GET FIRED THIS WEEKEND!

This is the thing that pisses me off the most, it seems like he has no real control of the team, even if D'antoni does try to get on a player for doing something it seems they don't even listen because the players know it's just empty threats because of his stupid 8 player rotation. I can see him losing complete control of this team if they keep this losing streak going and Woodson doesn't take over.
Yeah he really doesnt know how to control his players. Hes a wimp. hes not a Sloan or Phil Jackson or Pat Riley type the guy is a push over, The fans see it, the media sees it, management sees it, why wouldnt the players see it and use it to their advantage?

Purch.

Rookie
Yeah he really doesnt know how to control his players. Hes a wimp. hes not a Sloan or Phil Jackson or Pat Riley type the guy is a push over, The fans see it, the media sees it, management sees it, why wouldnt the players see it and use it to their advantage?
It reminds me of Spoelstra in the beginning of last year before the team finally realized that they had to listen to him or they would keep losing, but Spoelstra actually tried consistently to try to get the players to listen instead of D'Antoni who only gets on his players case when it's far too late because he's bitching to the refs instead.

KingofNy

Starter
So Jeff Van Gundy is a retard too?

Man why didn't you guys have a career in coaching? Your unfailing knowledge about basketball is wasted now....

Only Knicks fans are that dogmatic it seems...

Even Stephen A. said a couple of days ago that the current crisis is not about the coach.....basically everybody who knows a tiny bit about basketball (and made a career out of it) is not (solely) blaming D'Antoni for our current **** up......honestly you guys need to coach one day or STFU

LOL... :teeth:

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
In politics you hear a lot of old guys talking about undoing regulation but they rarely speak about what they will replace the regulation with. I always get the feeling that things will be shittier unless you bring in someone that really knows what's going on and how to move forward. The Knicks are much like this.

If you replace D'Antoni, who fills the coaching spot? Will it improve the team?

If your answer is not a definite Yes the the second question without hesitation then you should not fire D'Antoni, at least not in the middle of the season.

For the record I never wanted D'Antoni, not for a second. I really, really wanted to see Tom Tibideau here but Chicago grabbed him up. I looked up Mike Woodson and saw that he was Larry Brown's defensive coach in Detroit, same spot as Tibs was for Boston. Could Woodson really be a force as a head coach?

Paul1355

All Star
TD should never play PG, only SG... I mean we had Bibby, Lin, and Shumpert why not rotate between them 3?? Why not Bibby before TD? Like it boggles my mind this coach is pure bred retard

I agree. Toney Douglas is terrible at handling the basketball.

If he does not drive to the hoop and use his speed to his advantage, then he becomes useless because teams will just guard him close and he will miss every outside shot.

Bibby is a better shooter than Toney Douglas, has experience, and has actually had a few nice passes this year. The problem is Bibby can't play defense but last game Jordan Farmar torched TD and TD couldn't stop him at all, when TD is known for his defense.

Shumpert has gone downhill and is playing so much like TD it's scary. Shumpert went from a big PG who can penetrate to the basket to a PG that can't penetrate nor looks for it. He misses a couple of wide open dunks and layups and it seems like his confidence is shot. The only shot Shumpert has is the imid range elbow jumper and the occasional wide open 3. Other than that Shumpert should play off the ball and cut to the basket since he was a force in college with the alleyoop.

Lin is just smarter than Bibby, TD and Shumpert at the point. Lin plays a steady pace, similar to Chauncey Billups. Lin also plays more a uptempo offense and looks for the fast break. He can actually finish a layup and make a lead pass in the fast break which TD fails to do every night. The worst play by TD was last game when he had the ball with a 3 on 1 and had Chandler waiting for the alleyoop, instead he runs at the defender to do a bounce pass around him and gets fouled while passing, ruining the 3-1 advantage. TD is the worst

TD has to camp out the three point line, Lin has to ball handle, Shumpert has to cut to the basket and be effective off the ball and Bibby has to get open for the outside shots. Bascially TD and Bibby need to play like shooting guards.

His job is on the skinny yellow shoulders of Jeremy Lin. If Lin can prove he can dish 8 assists, get a few buckets, and keep the ball moving every night, AND we dont lose like 4 games in a row, then Mike's job is safe. If Lin shows that Saturday was a one and done performance, Mike is ****ed.

and Baron Davis isnt coming back till March. Im calling it.