Legend
t_21765_07.jpg

Soft
Stiff
Not explosive
No dribble.

Amare is the new Mr. Softee.
mrsoftee.jpg

Getting bullied by KG and Bass, disgracing the city he wears on his chest.

SMH

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
yup we need to trade him to a team desperate for a allstar and get solid players. cant even call dude a allstar nomore he's playing like crap but im sure there's some dumb team out there willing to take him

pick up a pg

get a new coach

and push as hard as we can for the 8th spot in the playoffs

or plan B

blow this whole team up and rebuild.

knickerbocka176

Benchwarmer
ill admit his play his down but he starts the 2nd with DOUGLAS:barf: who has NO point guard skills what so ever thats when amare is forced to create for himself which he cant do. when hes in with shump his play is good

Paul1355

All Star
Amare is Not being used right, he has to get passes on the roll and drive to the hoop with aggression and he has to go for offensive rebounds

knicksin60

Starter
I think Amar'e Stoudemire was the one who gave this thread 1 star.

I don't see how anyone could defend a guy who gets paid so much money to play softer than Rebecca Lobo. He makes Charles Smith look like Bill Russell.

Highway robbery when a guy receives 5 year 100 million dollar contract and his stats drastically go down after his first season.For the money he's making he's turning into another Eddy Curry/ Jerome James bust.

I don't want to hear how he chose to come to the Knicks above all superstar free agents of the 2010 class. No team was going to give a weak defensive minded player with bad knees an uninsured contract of 100 million dollars. The Knicks might of well had told Allan Houston to come out of retirement and given him another max contract.

I don't know what Shaq was smoking when he picked him to be an all-star reserved. Maybe Shaq felt sorry for him or was trying to make up for their failed championship run in Phoenix.

Not only has Steve Nash proven that he made D'antoni's career but that he made Stoudemire's as well.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
I just lose respect for Amare, seems like he's more into the glamour than being a warrior for the Knicks.

I admit, last 1st half of the season, Amare was playing at an elite level.

Maybe its the injuries? Amare approaching 30, no more young legs?

Phoneix fans told me Amare was soft and didn't play defense.

But I critically asked, how can that be. A man built like Ben Wallace, who had Dwight Howard athleticism can play so fragile and not be a presence on defense? I now know...sad to say.

knicksin60

Starter
ill admit his play his down but he starts the 2nd with DOUGLAS:barf: who has NO point guard skills what so ever thats when amare is forced to create for himself which he cant do. when hes in with shump his play is good

Amar'e needing a PG in order to be successful proves that he is no superstar. Supertars don't need to depend on another position player in order to carry their team.

amazinz5

Benchwarmer
Amar'e needing a PG in order to be successful proves that he is no superstar. Supertars don't need to depend on another position player in order to carry their team.
thats not fair...its not like he needs nash. he turned ray felton into a borderline allstar. he just isnt a superstar when a shooting guard is running the offense.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
thats not fair...its not like he needs nash. he turned ray felton into a borderline allstar. he just isnt a superstar when a shooting guard is running the offense.
It's fair. He left Nash for twenty million more, leaving the man who made him play great. Nash is still elite, yet Amar'e makes that money. Yeah, Nash's situation is the one who's isn't "fair".

knicksin60

Starter

It seemed like he needed Ray Felton to master the pick n roll in order for him to be successful. During the first few games of last season when Felton was still adjusting his game, Stoudemire looked just as awful as he does now.

NYk_Reloaded718

★KNICKS-TAPE★
It seemed like he needed Ray Felton to master the pick n roll in order for him to be successful. During the first few games of last season when Felton was still adjusting his game, Stoudemire looked just as awful as he does now.
stat was also playing Center majority of the time. Stat would blow right by his defenders or have open looks due to them not coming out to guard him. we also had shooters to spread the floor those are other reasons he was so successful.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I just lose respect for Amare, seems like he's more into the glamour than being a warrior for the Knicks.

I admit, last 1st half of the season, Amare was playing at an elite level.

Maybe its the injuries? Amare approaching 30, no more young legs?

Phoneix fans told me Amare was soft and didn't play defense.

But I critically asked, how can that be. A man built like Ben Wallace, who had Dwight Howard athleticism can play so fragile and not be a presence on defense? I now know...sad to say.

Even the 2nd half of last season he was playing at an elite level.

2nd half last year he was getting 23.5 PPG on 49.1% shooting. That's not a huge dropoff from how he was doing at the beginning of the year.

The problem now is that he's had some of the worst PGs in the league running offense for him. Amar'e is a big man, he can't create his own shot without turning it over.

But what did they do with him last night? Oh right, Fields ran the pick and roll with him and he beasted on the Bulls.

If the Knicks want to win they need to abuse the P&R like a red-headed step child.

I'm sick of all this sissy talk 'He's not beeing used right', 'The coach sucks' bla bla bla - all excuses!

Words can't describe how I feel about him the last couple of weeks.

I think it's really gotten to the point where I would call it total contempt.

I'd rather have another 3 losing seasons than having to endure this....person any longer.

iSaYughh

Starter
Not many listened during that off-season as I cautioned over and over against this man -- and this coming from a big MDA supporter.

Too much Bosh/MIA hate, and giddiness over STATisticals "swag" clouding good judgement.

The very playoff series people were saying defined why he had to sign STAT -- owning the Lakers offensively,

was the very playoff series featuring STAT putting up 5 and 3 rebound performances like clockwork, consistently getting out rebounded by Steve Nash, and playing defense like a mutt with 3 legs.

Either way, STAT is a player whose strengths you must build around and flaws you must try to mask -- another sign of not being elite -- so even more dubious the Melo deal was, and that roster blowup that had had STAT playing at a truly Elite level...even with a fairly average+ PG.

quiggle

Starter
I dont like to brag but i told yall so, remember when most of yall throwing eggs on me from start of day 1 now who got the eggs on face. Chris Duhon did a better job representing number 1 on Knicks jersey then this petty prick

NYCLakerfan

Rotation player
Amare's playing bad right now but who's gonna replace this guy and when he does start playing at his usual level which will prob be when Davis gets healthy.

He really doesn't get used right by the guards if you really sit back and analyze the game you'll see how many times the guards miss Amare on the roll or just ignore him for possession after possession.

KingCharles34

All Star
I dont like to brag but i told yall so, remember when most of yall throwing eggs on me from start of day 1 now who got the eggs on face. Chris Duhon did a better job representing number 1 on Knicks jersey then this petty prick

Thats about as low as it gets but I think u might have a point

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Great thread, metrocard.

While I do feel Stoudemire's struggles are partially due to poor coaching, he has clearly lost a step.

Even with a good coach, he looks like the most he'd be averaging is 20 points and 8 rebounds on 50% shooting. That's still way down from his MVP level season last year.

I was never for signing Stoudemire. He's overpayed and injury prone.

That being said, the only reason I would keep him right now is for team chemistry purposes.

The teams that win titles are usually the ones who have a core group of players that are used to playing together(Spurs, Lakers, Mavericks).

I think Stoudemire messed up his game by putting on 20 lbs of muscles. It totally threw off his jump shot, and now it seems like he has to struggle to get to the basket. The only players who should be bulking up are low post players. Stoudemire is a face to the basket type player, so adding weight made no sense.

This reminds me of Andray Blatche. For a second, he looked like he was going to be the leader of the Wizards, but once he put on that extra weight, he turned into Eddy Curry.