Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Red

TYPE-A
The kid is the truth.

The other night wasn't a fluke.

The Golden Child is shaking out... fearless... and making Harvard like decisions.

goldench3.jpg

jzero29

Rotation player
lin balling again...good sign

Lin is making a starless team compete pretty well. Imagine when carmelo and amare are playing instead of walker and novac and jefferies.
has a couple turn overs today, but he's a rookie and should really be learning as a backup. But he will learn.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Yup. The Internet Trollpits.. I mean, forums, move very quickly. FWIW, I agree that Lin is still new at this (playing PG under D'Antoni with the Knicks) and hasn't been tested in a real harsh environment repeatedly yet.

I'm agreeing with Metrocard :shrug: -- Lin is looking like Marbury. That doesn't sit too well with me since I still view Starbury as more of a SG or Combo-Guard than PG. As shown recently by Derrick Rose, it's a highly effective mix if you can work the rest of the team around it, but it's still not a pure PG.

Marbury was an EXCELLENT passer, but his penetration was a huge strength, just like Lin.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
He is only 23 years old and playing pretty good out there.Just wait till he gets some Experience under him.I think we have found us a PG.:peace:

tiger0330

Legend
He is only 23 years old and playing pretty good out there.Just wait till he gets some Experience under him.I think we have found us a PG.:peace:
I had my doubts but scoring 20 plus points in 2 nights against DWill and vets like Harris and Watson is no accident.

iSaYughh

Starter
Marbs was no less a bonefied NBA PG than pretty much 90+% of the quality starting PG's in the NBA today. I guess you could make a case they are all "combo" guards, though.

But no way was he a SG. He was a legit PG, and his best skill was penetration and finishing at the rim (or dishing before finishing).

I'd say he was more of a pure PG than many of the PG's in today's game, too. Idk if I'd call him some "pure point" guard, like Rubio, but nonetheless.

He was a legit 8assist/game PG. His career got torn apart, but you can't deny that despite being good for 20 a game, he was also good for 8 quality dishes that were quality in good part bc of his excellent speed and penetration ability and ability to kick it out.

Knicks32

Benchwarmer
This is the most excited I've been about the Knicks all season. (Even after our Boston win in the first game.)

These last two games have just been amazingly fun and exciting.

pakopako

Benchwarmer
Marbury was an EXCELLENT passer, but his penetration was a huge strength, just like Lin.
Not saying Starbury wasn't an excellent passer; he knows when he draws double teams and can make split-decisions to kick-out or finish. I just don't think he was looking to pass often enough. Stephon plays well when the offense goes through him, but played best when he became the offense. In my eyes, that's a little more like Kobe and less like Nash.

Starbury was athletic, intelligent and a 20/6 player. Those are the stats for a player a team can build around. I'm just saying I would still rather have a 10/10 PG especially on a team that's already focusing on other scorers. (Or start teaching everyone to look for passing lanes often.)

pakopako

Benchwarmer
I had my doubts but scoring 20 plus points in 2 nights against DWill and vets like Harris and Watson is no accident.
OK. Well, Golden Child or not, the Knicks have their PG for now.

I just hope Mikey D doesn't continue to "ride Lin like Secretariat" or else we'll have burned through another player. Dammit, either Bibby and Douglas have to get better. I feel ill at ease with only 1 PG... even if that's up from 0 PGs last week. (Although if Jorts gets healthy, and MDA continues to rotate like Karl, the Knicks could reach 0.500 sooner rather than later.)