Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

BillyHoyle

Benchwarmer
Golden, Take a quick look at our cap situation before you defend the Knicks org please. We are over the luxury tax whether or not we match lins offer, so the restrictions are the same either way. The only question is how much tax Dolan is willing to pay. Personally I think he owes us the cost of Lin given that he won the timewarner dispute because of him, all the gear he sold, and oh yeah, the fact that he makes our team much better with the potential to be great depending on how he develops.

goldenchild1688

Benchwarmer
Golden, Take a quick look at our cap situation before you defend the Knicks org please. We are over the luxury tax whether or not we match lins offer, so the restrictions are the same either way. The only question is how much tax Dolan is willing to pay. Personally I think he owes us the cost of Lin given that he won the timewarner dispute because of him, all the gear he sold, and oh yeah, the fact that he makes our team much better with the potential to be great depending on how he develops.
i never said we were under the cap which is why i said penalties and mentioned future flexibility, not exceeding it.

when I said work within the confines of the cap i was speaking in the context of the post of future flexibility which is why i also tied it also to having the possibilty of even being able to go after Paul.

again all I see from Lin at all cost supporters is exactly what you posted. not does his on court performance justify his contract? but look at all the money he made us and brings in.

hats and t-shirts don't win champions but you get some nice ones once you win something lol

CA7

Scoring Champ
Miami won with Mario Chalmers at the 1, Lakers won 5 with Fisher, the Heat also won with White Chocolate running the show

Felton should be fine for us if we don't match Lin, he's big real big, fast can defend and hit the open 3. Things Woodson likes I also think eventually we add Jeff Teague who I think is our ideal fit at the 1

skisloper

Starter
So much money has been invested in out Front 3.......its a 3 year plan....
Lin can only help us and has the potential as we have seen to really help us...
we have not been out of the first round in a decade plus, have not won a Championship in decades plus.....so how do u not take it on the chin and add a guy that just might be the extra piece needed to win a championship......

Only the Knicks can finally find an answer at PG and then downgrade....Raymond Felton.....come on

MeloforMayor

BALL DON'T LIE
I wish the front office would just announce whether they would match the offer or not. The suspense is killing me. If Lin ends up in Houston, I'm sure gonna miss ogling at hot asian broads during Knicks games.

skisloper

Starter
After reading the article today in the NY Post about Kidds bust and how he swigging from the bottles, argueing with his wife, drove into the pole at 60 mph and the cops saw no brake marks, then took a pill and got rushed to the hospital one would think we are heading for another drama year......

Just sign LIN and lets roll where we roll...

Smith's comments that he wants to be anywhere Kidd is ....great team player...he would be very jealous of Lin's contract....why say it...

Melo...Lins contract is nuts...he is right...so was Melo needing to get his extra 6 million rather then wait for free agency and then go to the knicks so we still had the pieces to get Chris paul...

we are feeling like a team of losers.......

TG for TC

tiger0330

Legend
Miami won with Mario Chalmers at the 1, Lakers won 5 with Fisher, the Heat also won with White Chocolate running the show

Felton should be fine for us if we don't match Lin, he's big real big, fast can defend and hit the open 3. Things Woodson likes I also think eventually we add Jeff Teague who I think is our ideal fit at the 1
Chalmers is underrated. RayRay is serviceable, worth a 3 year ~10M deal, I don't want the Knicks to give him that 4th year player option as has been reported then it becomes a ~13M deal. He's big the wrong way, short and fat instead of tall and muscular and his 3 point shot is average and he jacks them up because he has always thought he's a better shooter than he is. Don't know if you read this article posted by SSJ4WingZero comparing Felton to Lin that also says he is an average-below average defender.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...nicks-lin-sane

The Knicks have until EOD Tuesday to match but if they sign Felton Monday you can close the book on one of the best stories for the NY Knicks in years "Linsanity".

Last edited:

since73

Rookie
it really bothers me how reactionary knicks fans are. jeremy lin is NOT worth 15 mill in the nba buddys. sorry to inform you guys but we would be paying lin about 4million more than what rondo would makes. at the old price the i would have matched but there seems to be some truth to the story about him scheming with the rockets organization behind ppls backs. yao has also been in his ear. id kinda like to see him go being that we have so many bandwagon knicks fans now who jumped on during that whole corny linsanity thing. ppl who never gave 2 licks about basketball all of a sudden were fanatics of the game. makes me sick. i wonder how supportive of the knicks that same community will be when he isnt around.

this fraud leaving might not be such a bad thing, he obviously has an ego bigger than he lets ppl see. he quuit on us in the playoffs watching on as stat played with 1 hand and melo played his ISO-Melo as u clowns refer to it.

quick question, what was the style called at the height of linsanity? wen he would dribble for 24 seconds and drive it to the rim? teamball lin?

and lets stop acting like the hype had nothing to do with his ethnicity. let that whore go to HOU to take care of Yaos leftovers. houston is obviously trying to cash in on the asian community once again and they will gobble it all up because his bandwagon supporters know NOTHING about basketball but 17.

i actually had asian ppl arguing to me that he was a better player than MELO! unbelievable bro, but they will jump ship soon enough

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
For those who missed this.

Carmelo Anthony doesn't want any blame for the New York Knicks not keeping Jeremy Lin.

ADDITION_APTOPIX_Nets_Knicks_Basketball_04a74.jpg

Several sources have told Yahoo! Sports that the Knicks don't plan on matching the three-year, $25 million offer sheet Lin signed with the Houston Rockets. Anthony called the offer sheet ? which will pay Lin nearly $15 million in the third year ? "ridiculous" Sunday during an interview with reporters after Team USA's practice in Washington.
"It's up to the organization to say they want to match that ridiculous contract that's out there,'' Anthony said.
Anthony later said in a text message with Yahoo! Sports that it's not his fault if the Knicks decline to match the offer sheet by Tuesday's 11:59 p.m. ET deadline.

"It's up to ownership to match, not me," Anthony said. "I'm tired of people trying to blame me for the fact that the Knicks might not match. I want everybody to get paid if they have the opportunity."

Jeremy-Lin-and-Carmelo-anthony.jpg

Knicks coach Mike Woodson declined comment at Sunday's summer league game against the Phoenix Suns in Las Vegas. A Knicks spokesman said management also would not comment on Lin's status.
The Knicks were widely expected to match Lin's offer sheet until they struck a sign-and-trade deal with the Portland Trail Blazers to acquire point guard Raymond Felton on Saturday. The Knicks also recently signed point guards Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni.

Lin had a sensational run as the Knicks' starting point guard before a knee injury ended his season. Most of his success, however, came when Anthony was sidelined. Woodson also has made clear that the Knicks' offense will be built around Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, not Lin.

Lin is expected to have more freedom under Rockets coach Kevin McHale. Lin averaged 14.6 points and 6.2 assists in 35 games for New York last season and scored 38 points against the Los Angeles Lakers.
"He's a good young player that has a lot of potential and upside with time and experience," Anthony said.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Evening/morning, gents.

I was thinking that this thread could be retitled and added as a sticky to the main forum, making it the Official Lin Thread.

We don't actually have one, but there are a multitude of related threads circulating on thoughts about Lin etc.

I don't wanna go obsessive compulsion on the mod thing straight away, so I'll wait and see what you all have to say about that.

Please let me know.

Thanks, Crazy⑧s.

Crazy⑧s;242727 said:
Carmelo Anthony doesn't want any blame for the New York Knicks not keeping Jeremy Lin.

ADDITION_APTOPIX_Nets_Knicks_Basketball_04a74.jpg

Several sources have told Yahoo! Sports that the Knicks don't plan on matching the three-year, $25 million offer sheet Lin signed with the Houston Rockets. Anthony called the offer sheet ? which will pay Lin nearly $15 million in the third year ? "ridiculous" Sunday during an interview with reporters after Team USA's practice in Washington.
"It's up to the organization to say they want to match that ridiculous contract that's out there,'' Anthony said.
Anthony later said in a text message with Yahoo! Sports that it's not his fault if the Knicks decline to match the offer sheet by Tuesday's 11:59 p.m. ET deadline.

"It's up to ownership to match, not me," Anthony said. "I'm tired of people trying to blame me for the fact that the Knicks might not match. I want everybody to get paid if they have the opportunity."

Jeremy-Lin-and-Carmelo-anthony.jpg

Knicks coach Mike Woodson declined comment at Sunday's summer league game against the Phoenix Suns in Las Vegas. A Knicks spokesman said management also would not comment on Lin's status.
The Knicks were widely expected to match Lin's offer sheet until they struck a sign-and-trade deal with the Portland Trail Blazers to acquire point guard Raymond Felton on Saturday. The Knicks also recently signed point guards Jason Kidd and Pablo Prigioni.

Lin had a sensational run as the Knicks' starting point guard before a knee injury ended his season. Most of his success, however, came when Anthony was sidelined. Woodson also has made clear that the Knicks' offense will be built around Anthony and Amar'e Stoudemire, not Lin.

Lin is expected to have more freedom under Rockets coach Kevin McHale. Lin averaged 14.6 points and 6.2 assists in 35 games for New York last season and scored 38 points against the Los Angeles Lakers.
"He's a good young player that has a lot of potential and upside with time and experience," Anthony said.

Damn Melo sounded pretty douch-ish by saying something like that even though the contract is stupid.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Lmao Melo taking a lot of heat for this one anyway

I wanna hear what Lin has to say then all the dust will be settled but being speechless won't help that

Crazy⑧s;242728 said:
Evening/morning, gents.

I was thinking that this thread could be retitled and added as a sticky to the main forum, making it the Official Lin Thread.

We don't actually have one, but there are a multitude of related threads circulating on thoughts about Lin etc.

I don't wanna go obsessive compulsion on the mod thing straight away, so I'll wait and see what you all have to say about that.

Please let me know.

Thanks, Crazy⑧s.

Please do immediately, because when Lin isn't re-signed the site will be flooded with unnecessary threads. And you're a mod because of your contributions to the site, no one will question what your doing since we know your intentions is for the best. You wont have no problem from me.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Please do immediately, because when Lin isn't re-signed the site will be flooded with unnecessary threads. And you're a mod because of your contributions to the site, no one will question what your doing since we know your intentions is for the best. You wont have no problem from me.

Well, thanks for the vote of confidence. I think I'll be a bit more democratic about it, though, and get a few more voices in on the matter.

Crazy⑧s;242728 said:
Evening/morning, gents.

Please let me know.

Thanks, Crazy⑧s.
1234525508_ben_stiller_-_do_it.gif

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
goldenchild,

First of all, cut that Chris Paul crap. There's no way they can get him. They have no expiring contracts, no valuable trade assets, no developing young players, nothing except 3-year deals for old washed-up veterans. The Clippers would have to be retarded to consider trading with NY, not to mention that there's no reason for CP3 to leave since he's already in a big market with some real emerging stars.

Second of all, "solid" means average. Felton is not average. He is slightly below average. Serviceable, yes, but nothing more than that. You are allowing your judgment to be clouded based on Felton's shooting numbers with Denver. Things like 3-point percentage are fluky that's why you have to look at a larger sample size than a short period of games. Put Felton in an iso-heavy offense, and...

But what isn't fluky is the fact that Jeremy Lin is a much better scorer and can finish much better at the basket than Felton can, and he is a much better isolation player than Felton is.

The Knicks during that run were not a team on the rise. They looked like one, but at best they were a 5 seed. We're looking at Felton with rose-tinted glasses but he was playing with Amar'e and had a full training camp to work with Amar'e and that inflates any PG's stats when you got Amar'e running the pick and roll. Felton's defense certainly wasn't key to the Knicks winning during the first half of 2010-2011 - it was Amar'e playing ridiculously well and Gallinari's ability to draw fouls that led us to win those games. I shudder at the thought of Felton in a half-court offense.

Jeremy Lin, on the other hand, couldn't get the P&R chemistry down because of the shortened season and got his assists simply by virtue of being able to find open shooters when he needed to. Consider the fact that Jeremy Lin basically is the only reason Steve Novak has a contract.

While you do have a point when you say that the Bobcats' struggles against the Magic were a team issue cause, well, they were the Bobcats, that's not really what I need to focus on. I couldn't care less if they got swept, the Magic were beast that year. I know it's a small sample size, but Nelson shot the 3-ball as if there was nobody guarding him that entire series. And you're underestimating the Bobcats in that scenario too - they had some good defensive players such as Gerald Wallace, Boris Diaw, Tyrus Thomas, and yes, Tyson Chandler, although he didn't really play much.

The point is, Raymond Felton is not all he's cracked up to be. This is not about how Lin is better, or so on. I think Knicks management is expecting Felton to be an adequate answer at PG, and, considering how important PG play is to this team since we have a bunch of ballhogs at the other positions, I'm just not sold on Felton's prior successes over a short period of time in a radically different coaching scheme.

With regards to his physical fitness, he always comes into camp a bit overweight and loses the weight by the end of camp. Doesn't really scream "competitor hungry to win and prove himself." Lin, on the other hand, no matter what happens off the court, will NEVER be questioned for his dedication to winning. Jeremy Lin would never show up to camp out of shape. Raymond Felton, on the other hand, I have serious questions about.

Red

TYPE-A
Seriously? You want Lin here because he is a cash machine and will please the Asian Community? who cares you don't bring a player to your organization to please the crowd just because his name is "jermey Lin". We want to Win and Win NOW while our stars tyson, Amare, and Melo are still in their prime. Dolan is a freaking Billionaire money is not a issue here, this is MSG the mecca of basketball, this is New york city A$$es will be put in those seats regardless if Lin is here or not. To tell you the truth Lin needs New York more than New York needs Lin.

Don't get me wrong i like Lin just as much as any other knick fan and would love to see him back with the Knicks, but for that price the Rockets want us to match?? i don't think so! he does not Deserve all that money at all, yes he had a nice run that sparked "Lin-Sanity" but look at the teams he did it against, scrub teams that weren't even playoff teams to begin with? he had impressive games ok against who? the Mavs and Lakers? that's nice and all but the Mavs sucked all last season and the Lakers were coming off back to back games and to add onto that teams were not sure how to defend Lin. Teams caught on eventually and started figuring out his game.. slowly calming the Linsanity stuff down.

Lin is terribly overrated, he's not a scrub but he is very overrated. He's not Deron williams, cp3, rondo, etc etc that people make him out to be. he's jeremey Lin an average PG who's game is currently LIMITED and needs major improvement to get to the elite level. Lin is the same dude who couldn't play in the playoffs because his boo boo was not 100% healed, but at 85% he couldn't spare a few mins the floor? if Melo said he cant play a game in the playoffs because he was at 85% there would of been a riot in New York and Melo would of been a marked man. Derrick Rose went out their and played when he wasn't at 100% because he knew for his team to succeed he had to at least make an attempt and try to help. I'm not trying to knock Lin or anything but thats alot of money for an unproven player who simmered down when teams caught onto his game and has yet to play a full NBA season.

I want Lin back with the Knicks, not because i feel he is on levels with Cp3 or Deron williams and really earned that money, but because in time i feel Lin will grow into a GREAT PG if he really works hard. in 2015 we have alot of contracts expiring and if we bring back Lin and dont trade Shump i feel in 3 years we will have 2 great players to build around with in SHUMP AND LIN

:agreed:

Helluva post. Especially the part about Lin needing NY more than NY needs Lin.

The issue here is simple...

Lin thinks we need him more than he needs us.

Lin seized an opportunity, perhaps his final opportunity. He found himself in the right place at the right time; he found himself in a PG friendly system, surrounded by a combo of 2nd rate players, defensive leaders, and passive players. He fit right in. He became Linsanity.

He was humble at first saying all the right things. Then it seems his contingent smartened up and began adopting a long term mentality.

Short-term Lin was just happy with minutes... recall?

Then those dollar signs started appearing in their eyes... this is when it changed. Lin & co. Forgot!

They forgot that Lin was on the scrap-heap; that he flourished in a system where everyone could do what they wantedas long as they hit threes (far from structured); and most importantly...

NY (AND THE MEDIA) MADE LIN INTO LINSANITY. He could have lead a team to an undefeated season and it wouldn't be as big as we made it, and some of that was based on the spectical. It was parody.

But again, he forgot. So when it was time to contribute a few minutes, when we were desparate, he passed. Play for the US... he passed. Show up for promos and such... he passed.

His sole purpose was to get paid as much as possible. To cash in on Linsanity. He should have understood, some of that credit goes to the NYK's and thus he should have remained humble and steadfast; signed the market offer where the 4th year was a team option. Instead he underhandedly returned to negtiate with Houston.

Because he was his priority not the Knicks. In the long run he would have been better off aligning himself with the Knicks.

We root for the name on the front, not the back... remember?

"Hey Steve who is your favorite player?"-Sarah

"Jeremy Lin"-Steve

"Why?"-Sarah

"...He's Asian and can dougie."-Steve

jeremy-lin-dougie-teach-me-how-to.gif

40% of Lin fans fall in that category. I love Lin but lets be real, do you love him because of his skill or because he is Asian and can do X, Y, Z?

LINvincible

Benchwarmer
I've watched NY basketball for 30+ years. I stopped watching these guys after Isiah, let's not get into that. Even if Lin leave town, i'll be a huge supporter of NYK.

But back to our discussion. There is NO reason not to sign this guy. The money is a moot point. If you see the money Lin brought to the table last year (record NYK merchanise sold, Time Warner deal, Asia TV deal and performance of MSG stocks), it's silly even to consider that money is the issue with Lin. Folks like Steven A. Smith and all the talking heads don't have a CLUE.

The dude is young, has the physical attributes and CLUTCH (remember the stretch of games where he took T shots over Anthony). The dude can play. Yes, it's only 25 games with a few struggle but in all JUST MATCH those numbers where he started against the other all stars in the league. They're SOLID folks.