Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Resign him and keep him long term

Votes: 27 48.2%
  • Resign him and trade him January 2013 with Amare

Votes: 13 23.2%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Newsflash#3 You don't know what the hell you are talking about.

Newsflash#4 RUBBER AND GLUE B***TH, You ARE the ignorant BIGOT. My father marched in the civil-rights movement of the 60's, was one of the first Black PHD'S from MIZZOU, and always told me white people had a problem with the amount of money he made. And that aint million $$$$ money either. Don't talk about what you don't know about. The very fact that 25 games makes LIN worth millions of $$$$$, yet a proven star like MELO "hasn't earned his money" and is criticized mercilessly around here makes my point for me. Here is a dollar so you can buy a clue B***TH:( So what if there are blacks that criticize MELO??? We don't all look and think alike.

Ahhhhhh....So it's childhood indoctrination. Makes sense.

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Stop engaging this guy on race. He is baiting you and turning the thread into a race war. This is exactly what he wanted.

Long Live Jeremy Lin!

Last edited:

pat

Starter
no point in debating about a guy that's not even on the team anymore.[/I]

And this is the problem: "Move on and be optimistic." Has become the foremost American ideology. I always was part of the American cultural DNA, but it's becoming total, which is critical. Without looking back and understanding what went wrong, we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Just have a look at the Curry, Randolph, or McDyss scenarios.
Dolan is making the same mistake over and over again because he is afraid of analysing past ****-ups. If we -- as fans -- let him get away with this, it'll never stop.

WeReady

Benchwarmer
nice one Jim, breaking out the slave card. you win again!
:boohoo:

Why are jim's post always catered to race and the disenfranchised black man?! Newsflash as a, Black woman myself, I feel we are all given oppourtnites to succeed it is up to you the individual to rise above the so called stereotypes and prove your worth. And Yes you might have to work 5 times harder than others, because of their preconceived ideas, but people respect you more for not using your race as a handicap.

This is the real world as sad as it may be everyone is judged on race first. NO MATTER IF YOUR BLACK, WHITE, PURPLE, YELLOW or BROWN. Im tired of people falling back on "well jeremy is not black so he is overrated" Like he mentioned he had to prove himself over and over again just like blacks had to prove themselves over and one again when we entered the NBA in the '50s and '60s. Its the same thing and to not make that correlation is just ignorant in of its self.

And although everyone wants to live an a utopian world were people are going to be judged on their work ethic or in this case on the court performance, its just not going to happen as evidenced by jim's ignorant laced posts. That by the way have nothing to do with the Knicks, Jeremy Lin, or basketball.

Why can't we just be happy for a guy that is kicking down the walls of what the "stereotypical Asian athlete type" and celebrate him as what a previous poster mentioned the modern day Jackie Robinson

yes, i watched the MSG special "before he was Clyde" where Walt told tales of his life, schools, and segregation. I admire the man greatly, and appreciate what he's gone thru, from his beginnings, thru college b-ball, thru the greatness of the Knicks championships seasons, to his current positions as broadcaster and entrepreneurial restauranteur. he's my hero in many ways, as he has remained classy throughout his entire career, and bettered himself along the way. my user name honors him, an homage to greatness and coolness. i'm sure he would school me linguistically, and clobber me with racial integrity, and that's OK. but why YOU so mad Jim? c'mon now, take it light braaaaaaaaaaa.

Just apologize without the just joking defense.

And this is the problem: "Move on and be optimistic." Has become the foremost American ideology. I always was part of the American cultural DNA, but it's becoming total, which is critical. Without looking back and understanding what went wrong, we are doomed to repeat the same mistakes over and over again. Just have a look at the Curry, Randolph, or McDyss scenarios.
Dolan is making the same mistake over and over again because he is afraid of analysing past ****-ups. If we -- as fans -- let him get away with this, it'll never stop.

Yep w approved torture but lets just move forward obama says. Cuckoo that.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
True Knick fan here, but the Lin result distrubs me.

O/k, not saying Lin is CP, but I find the whole thing disturbing for the following thoughts I have:

1. Not about money, 100 MM on Stat proves that.

2. My gut tells me Melo did not want Lin owning the spotlight.

3. Knicks had options to get out before year 3 of the Lin deal hit their wallet.

4. Ask yourself this: If Steinbrenner was healthy and the Knick owner, with Lin falling into his lap so to speak, basketball & business wise, would Lin have left town with NOTHING in return?

No, I have no proof on the Melo statement, but I just have this gut feeling.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Maybe Lin should have been more appreciative of Melo saying he wants him to get a chance instead of being greedy while talking religiously.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
324307.jpg

IM SICK OF HEARING ABOUT A HOUSTON ROCKET ON THIS FORUM!!!!

orangeblobman

Rotation player
Oh, you're sick of it?

Well that "Houston Rocket" is single-handedly responsible for one of the greatest Knicks memories in the history of the franchise.

For those 10 games in February, we were reminded of what hoops was all about. We dared to dream, laugh, live, hope.

And then, the Groin healed.

So I'm not sick of hearing about Young Jeremy Lin. He is forever a part of Knicks history and he needs to be treated accordingly.

If it were up to me, I would retire his jersey. Real talk.

Long Live Jeremy Lin!!!